Scorp? Are you okay?
He might be Raven mad
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 07:06 PM   #462
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

I am beyond mad about how we lost the game last night. Smith played well in the 2nd and 3rd. But too little to late. So frustrating
jlh2640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:38 PM   #463
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
This is completely beside the point, but it feels like I have been seeing this error more and more these days. I was actually just thinking about this yesterday with how much more frequently I see it tolerated, and I am wondering: is this a phrase that is entering our vernacular for good? Will my grandkids be writing about "all that could of been" in school without repercussions? What is happening to my world?
What are we suppose to do?
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:58 PM   #464
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crapshoot View Post
Considering how deflating both the first and the third goals were, it wouldn't surprise me if the players are frustrated that they can't ever hope to get bailed out by their goalie when it really matters. That is exactly the Hiller situation, where players just stopped trusting him to make any kind of save all together. Certainly not a good feeling.
Totally agree, especially when his team mate scored a beautiful short handed goal to tie the game, the least he can do is to make a save to keep the game tied, not let a goal in right after. That third goal might not be his fault but good goalie, a goalie teammates rely on and trust will make a save on.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:28 AM   #465
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteowl View Post
Totally agree, especially when his team mate scored a beautiful short handed goal to tie the game, the least he can do is to make a save to keep the game tied, not let a goal in right after. That third goal might not be his fault but good goalie, a goalie teammates rely on and trust will make a save on.
TBF, the skaters acted like "hey we scored a shorty - no need to defend on the PK any more". Rakell skates right through them and Getzlaf has the room to make a nice move.

Could Smith have made a big save? Sure. But Johnny makes that same play and we'd be "what a sweet move", and not blaming Miller at all.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:47 AM   #466
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I agree with most of tgat.
Tganks!
Cleveland Steam Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:50 PM   #467
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteowl View Post
The first two goals are Mike Smith's fault, but Rakell takes both Hamonic and Gio into Smith's crease, before Getzlaf is able to skate into a rebound unopposed.

Not his fault. 2/3 are, and that's enough to be a problem.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:16 PM   #468
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
The first two goals are Mike Smith's fault, but Rakell takes both Hamonic and Gio into Smith's crease, before Getzlaf is able to skate into a rebound unopposed.

Not his fault. 2/3 are, and that's enough to be a problem.
My biggest problem is he hasn’t really made any big saves when the team needs one. Or at least it hasn’t felt like it. I remember one glove save, but it wasn’t that tough of a shot.

He can have games where 2/3 goals are on him. But he better own it, and then make up for it on the ice the next night. And I just haven’t seen that.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote