Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-18-2019, 02:42 PM   #441
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I love the Unsend button in Gmail. I’m always forgetting attachments and this saves me the embarrassment of sending a second email.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 03:09 PM   #442
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spring weather and the startup again of all the road construction projects that were on hold over the winter makes me happy. I just wish some of the projects could move a little faster.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:33 PM   #443
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Just wrapped up a big job in Fort Sask and got home just in time for playoff hockey to start. I should have a few weeks off work and the next 6 days I don't plan on doing a damn thing! Going to watch at least 2 playoff games a night and to top it off it's a Formula 1 weekend!

I might not even leave my house. I can't wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Edit
Quote:
Yes, widower
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Sorry, man. I had no idea.
Quote:
Ah no problem, I shouldn't assume everyone knows my problems, sorry for being a little confrontational about it.

I know the joke you were trying to make, it's a good one
This polite exchange was nice to see.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 06:40 PM   #444
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
This polite exchange was nice to see.
Agreed. It’s refreshing once in a while.
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 03:48 PM   #445
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

A bit of a dry spell at work lately, in so far as winning new work goes. Growing the business is one of my responsibilities, but probably the part that gets the most attention and carries the most pressure.

Well had a client call me this afternoon saying we won a big proposal we'd been working on. Going to make for a nice weekend. Until the real work starts next week!
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2019, 04:08 PM   #446
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
A bit of a dry spell at work lately, in so far as winning new work goes. Growing the business is one of my responsibilities, but probably the part that gets the most attention and carries the most pressure.

Well had a client call me this afternoon saying we won a big proposal we'd been working on. Going to make for a nice weekend. Until the real work starts next week!
Congratulations, I’ve been there, it is a sweet feeling when hard work pays off.
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 8 Ball For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2019, 08:59 PM   #447
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Costco Vodka rmmh. Is there a better deal out there?
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2019, 09:13 PM   #448
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Home made wine! 30 bottles every 4-8 weeks per kit, you can change the flavour to suit your liking as well.

It has a great price point and if you're like me, you get a kick out of the science of it too. We have 60 bottles ready in 2 weeks
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 10:44 PM   #449
Canadianman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
Home made wine! 30 bottles every 4-8 weeks per kit, you can change the flavour to suit your liking as well.

It has a great price point and if you're like me, you get a kick out of the science of it too. We have 60 bottles ready in 2 weeks
Or homemade beer, cider or ginger beer. All easy to make, delicious and cheap.
Canadianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:02 PM   #450
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
I assume you’re looking to get ####ed up, not a hobby. Popov is the magic elixir you seek.
Old 05-01-2019, 11:22 PM   #451
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
I assume you’re looking to get ####ed up, not a hobby. Popov is the magic elixir you seek.
Popov is alright for the price. Better than something like Smirnoff I'd say. Still prefer the Kirkland stuff. At least the French Vodka, not a big fan of their American vodka
Old 05-07-2019, 07:44 PM   #452
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Being home for a few weeks straight for the first time in months RMMH. I've been cooking at home and as someone that eats out 90% of the time, meals I've cooked myself are awesome. I made my favourite tonight, Cajun Chicken Alfredo, better than any I've ever had at a restaurant. Haven't made it in years
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2019, 09:41 PM   #453
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been trying to watch a lot of older shows from my younger days like King of the Hill, Futurama, Alf, Perfect Strangers, etc. One show that I loved was Married with Children. I decided to check out the CTV app as thry have been advertising their throwback selection and I was pleasantly surprised to find 11 seasons of Married with Children on there. Awesome.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2019, 12:08 PM   #454
cral12
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianman View Post
Or homemade beer, cider or ginger beer. All easy to make, delicious and cheap.
Hmmm...sounds delicious...

Any tips on how to get started, good recipes to share on cider and ginger beer?
Old 05-15-2019, 12:56 PM   #455
Canadianman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cral12 View Post
Hmmm...sounds delicious...

Any tips on how to get started, good recipes to share on cider and ginger beer?
most of my ciders lately have been from Mangrove Jack kits. There don't seem to be any orchards around here so getting apple juice fresh pressed is hard.

My ginger beer is just ginger, lime, sugar and water. Ferment for a week or two, add some more ginger and lime and then keg it in another week.

Absolutely delicious and easy to make.

If you want specifics on my recipes, PM me. I'm happy to share them.
Canadianman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Canadianman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2019, 07:48 AM   #456
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

What are the traffic laws (or perhaps bylaws) pertaining to crossing a median on a divided roadway?

Driving home last night on NB Sarcee and it's jammed up as usual between 17th and Bow Trail. Just north of Sarcee the median is grass and very wide (like 30-40m wide). Dude ahead of me decides he's not going to wait and peels off NB Sarcee, across the median, onto SB Sarcee and then up the exit ramp onto 17th. I've seen it hundreds of times especially when traffic is really backed up and peopel get impatient. A few cars behind him is a CPS vehicle which immediately follows him and pulls him over.

Initially this made me happy and finally someone is having their impatience rewarded by karma but now I'm wondering if they actually did anything wrong (legally)?
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:29 AM   #457
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
What are the traffic laws (or perhaps bylaws) pertaining to crossing a median on a divided roadway?

Driving home last night on NB Sarcee and it's jammed up as usual between 17th and Bow Trail. Just north of Sarcee the median is grass and very wide (like 30-40m wide). Dude ahead of me decides he's not going to wait and peels off NB Sarcee, across the median, onto SB Sarcee and then up the exit ramp onto 17th. I've seen it hundreds of times especially when traffic is really backed up and peopel get impatient. A few cars behind him is a CPS vehicle which immediately follows him and pulls him over.

Initially this made me happy and finally someone is having their impatience rewarded by karma but now I'm wondering if they actually did anything wrong (legally)?
U turns are only legal at intersections, and only if there’s no traffic lights or sign prohibiting it. That’s probably what he dinged him for.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:33 AM   #458
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty sure you aren't allowed to drive off road in the city, either.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:19 PM   #459
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Three materialistic things - Happy that Kent of Inglewood replaced my Merkur razor that broke because I was dumb and dropped it in the shower, and even though I hadn’t purchased it there. I did pick up a alum block. Amazing thing.

Also the boiler thermostat for my espresso machine died in a particularly catastrophic manner (I am surprised my house didn’t burn down), and for whatever reason nobody in Canada had it in stock, and US was stupidly expensive for shipping, so I resorted to having to order it from the UK and miraculously it ended up here without me having to pay any kinds of duties.

Oh, and one of our vendors was being super generous with giving out $100 US amazon cards for filling out their survey.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:41 PM   #460
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
U turns are only legal at intersections, and only if there’s no traffic lights or sign prohibiting it. That’s probably what he dinged him for.
I actually believe that u-turns are never legal unless there is a sign specifically indicating that a u-turn is allowed. My buddy received a u-turn ticket a couple years ago a few blocks from his house because he made a u-turn at a light when there was no traffic when he realized he forgot something at home.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote