Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2018, 03:34 PM   #41
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Struch View Post
I never said he was a scrapper, I've seen him lay the body on other big boys his size though, 6' 3 210 lbs.
I haven't really. He just doesn't play very tough for a guy his size.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:14 PM   #42
David Struch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I haven't really. He just doesn't play very tough for a guy his size.
Here are Stone's hitting stats...

https://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/4568/
David Struch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:01 PM   #43
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hitting stats suck. Also, even he has a lot of hits, they aren’t intimidating at all. Remember any crushing hits? I don’t. I remember Gio and Hamonic hotting hard, and Valimaki has thrown a stiff check. But I can’t for the life of me remember a good Stone hit.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:05 PM   #44
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Hitting stats suck. Also, even he has a lot of hits, they aren’t intimidating at all. Remember any crushing hits? I don’t. I remember Gio and Hamonic hotting hard, and Valimaki has thrown a stiff check. But I can’t for the life of me remember a good Stone hit.
Oh come on man are you serious? Stone plays physical in the corners, no doubt about it.
puckedoff is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to puckedoff For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2018, 05:09 PM   #45
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Peluso played 2 games, didn't put up any points, but didn't have any goals against - he is an even player. Heck, he played much better than what I was expecting him to.

Flames have a history of not doing well against some bigger, more physical teams (like the Ducks). Throw him out for some short shifts and let him bang some bodies, and whomever is playing well can be rewarded with extra ice-time. Sounds like a win-win to me.

We all know that Peluso and Prout are here to come into games where the opposition is a big and physical team. Ducks, Oilers.. maybe the Kings. Flames are a very small team. I don't really have an issue, as long as Peluso skates well and plays physical without hurting the team.
Calgary4LIfe is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2018, 05:34 PM   #46
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckedoff View Post
Oh come on man are you serious? Stone plays physical in the corners, no doubt about it.
I don't think he does. I think he looks like he should be tough so people think he is. I know I've been watching for it since he came because I expect it. IMO he is not very effective in the corners at all.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:29 PM   #47
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flames have gotten pushed around by the Kings and Ducks for the better part of a decade now. And not just one or two players on the Ducks, 80% of their roster.

Complaining about bringing in a larger body to help ease that trend, at the expense of a (well playing)Hathaway and his 7 minutes a game, is just looking to find something to complain about.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2018, 08:06 PM   #48
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really didn't hate what I saw from Peluso. He was cycling the puck just as well as his linemates and had a few noticeable shifts.

Nothing special but not like anyone that would be sitting for him is doing a hell of a lot either
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:12 PM   #49
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlord View Post
So Curtis Lazar couldn't even make an forward AHL call-up. Does anyone even remember we have him down in Stockton?
Sorry, who?

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.
McG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to McG For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2018, 08:16 PM   #50
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
Flames have gotten pushed around by the Kings and Ducks for the better part of a decade now. And not just one or two players on the Ducks, 80% of their roster.

Complaining about bringing in a larger body to help ease that trend, at the expense of a (well playing)Hathaway and his 7 minutes a game, is just looking to find something to complain about.
People are questioning why Czarnik is not drawing in. And honestly I don’t see a lot of complaining, just some people who disagree with the move.

I recall the 4th line with Peluso having some good shifts in one of his games so I don’t really hate the idea.
Strange Brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:18 PM   #51
Kybb79
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Manson will be after Bennett for round 2. Ritchie will be playing too, So im glad to see Peluso playing.
Kybb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kybb79 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2018, 08:26 PM   #52
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
People are questioning why Czarnik is not drawing in. And honestly I don’t see a lot of complaining, just some people who disagree with the move.

I recall the 4th line with Peluso having some good shifts in one of his games so I don’t really hate the idea.
Czarnik is drawing in. Hathaway is sitting.
Zevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:48 PM   #53
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevo View Post
Czarnik is drawing in. Hathaway is sitting.
Duh. Thanks I forgot Dube was out too.
Strange Brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 11:26 PM   #54
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

They mentioned Peluso was called up because Hathaway is nicked up. Call up makes sense if you want a bigger body in the lineup
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:06 AM   #55
MolsonInBothHands
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sure glad he was there to make sure Johnny doesn't get dinged up with the slashing.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:41 AM   #56
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

He wasn't very good at all last night but wasn't a factor in the loss. Still it's not like him being on the bench was a deterrent for Ducks players taking liberties with Gaudreau as they still got their cheap shots in.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 11-08-2018 at 08:40 AM.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:54 AM   #57
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

2 be honest he wasn't bad at all last night. Saying that he didn't really make sense with his linemates...
Moneyhands23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:55 AM   #58
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

There was one shift where Peluso seemed to be out longer than he should have and was struggling to stay on his feet and get the puck out. That scared me a bit, but yeah he ultimately was a non factor.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:38 AM   #59
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
There was one shift where Peluso seemed to be out longer than he should have and was struggling to stay on his feet and get the puck out. That scared me a bit, but yeah he ultimately was a non factor.
I don't really buy into intimidation stuff, but it's the case that, until the empty net situation (when there was no way Peluso was coming on), there wasn't much cheap stuff on Gaudreau. FWIW.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:39 AM   #60
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Not sure why I'm quoted on that, I was just saying that Peluso wasn't noticeable except when he stayed out a bit long and nearly got hemmed into his own zone

As to your point though, it was also brought up on the radio that Kessler was oddly well behaved. Again, may have nothing to do with Peluso in the line up but the game was ultimately "issue" free by and large.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote