Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2020, 12:06 PM   #1601
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben voyonsdonc View Post
I'm kind of disappointed - I was hoping marijuana would make me chill like everyone has described it to me but it really makes me anxious about everything. It's like everything in my life that I'm successful at managing the stress when I'm not high suddenly becomes extremely stressful. I've tried everything - indica, sativa, edibles, 1:1 THC to CBD. Last night I had a 2.5mg gummy (seriously!) and even then my anxiety increased dramatically when it kicked in.

I guess it's just not for me.

I once had it described as being like any other medication, you will have to get used to it and might have some unpleasant side effects the first few times. I used to not like sativa strains but I adjusted.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:08 PM   #1602
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
I'm kind of disappointed - I was hoping marijuana would make me chill like everyone has described it to me but it really makes me anxious about everything. It's like everything in my life that I'm successful at managing the stress when I'm not high suddenly becomes extremely stressful. I've tried everything - indica, sativa, edibles, 1:1 THC to CBD. Last night I had a 2.5mg gummy (seriously!) and even then my anxiety increased dramatically when it kicked in.

That could be the case. I know two friends who sound like yourself. It can increase anxiety in some people. It’s not for everyone.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:09 PM   #1603
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I had the same issues, but I recently tried something called Solei Free. It's basically zero THC and the rest is CBD. I've only tried it a few times, but I don't get that anxious feeling anymore and I've enjoyed myself. Not sure if its more placebo than anything, but I feel looser and just have a good time. There was virtually no "high" feeling and that was the way I liked it.
Old 02-07-2020, 12:10 PM   #1604
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Yeah, snake oil probably isn't the right term, CBD is great for sleep, as well as other pain-reducing attributes. But I know what he's getting at with that comment.. think he means if a cannabis rookie is just looking to get high, and gets CBD, he's going to be extremely disappointed. CBD is basically for people who want the pain- relieving/sleep effects, with none of the high. It's completely different from THC in that regard, I wonder how many cannabis rookies have made that mistake.
No, I’m debating everything you’re saying it is great for. And I believe Sliver was too. Doesn’t work for me. I’m not talking about getting high
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2020, 12:16 PM   #1605
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
Go get a dab rig and smoke some shatter. If that doesn’t get you obliterated nothing will.
I appreciate the suggestion, but I can't help but think with a pair of toddlers, that I'd end more more stressed/paranoid than relaxed if I went that route.

It does sound like fun to try though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
I was comparing myself to all you boys taking 10-20mcg thinking I wouldn't need as much being a girl. So I took one cap... waited 2 hours:nothing. Took another cap, waited another 2 hours: nothing. Took a third cap, waited an hour and by that time it was time to go to bed. Fell asleep pretty quick, but I didn't feel any less pain. Maybe next time, I'll take 4 right out of the gate and see if that helps?
Do any of you drink and pop caps? I guess that would diminish effects?
I watched Black Panther during my "wait times". Was the CGI really bad in that movie or maybe I was high?
Pretty sure this is known as cross fade. Instead of diminishing, it should "enhance" (quotes because a stronger reaction isn't always a good thing).

https://www.mic.com/articles/134750/...-and-marijuana

Quote:

Your situation is not uncommon. Sorry to hear. I believe that's part of why some of the cannabis information they hand out often asks new users to use only in a safe and familiar environment.

On a side note, I wonder if some of this is a situation where you should be looking at something that's devoid of THC and go full CBD. I believe THC is associated with the euphoria and CBD the physical without the euphoria. Maybe if you go with pure CBD and just get the body relaxation, you'll be mentally relaxed as well? This rather than having some THC and your mind maybe going on over drive? I'd ask different dispensary employees, explain your situation and see if they can help with fine tuning something that works for you if you're willing to give it one last shot?

I'm no expert though, just repeating what I've read and discussed with others more knowledgeable than myself.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2020, 12:26 PM   #1606
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

If you are getting anxiety I would stay away from Sativa's. Mercene is a terpene that I have seen cause it in a lot of friends, so try to avoid strains that have it.

The single best relaxation, everything is irie, I love my life strain I have ever smoked is Nuken. CRAZY euphoric. My brother in law gets bad anxiety and loves the stuff (as do I).
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2020, 12:43 PM   #1607
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
No, I’m debating everything you’re saying it is great for. And I believe Sliver was too. Doesn’t work for me. I’m not talking about getting high
I quoted the wrong post, was supposed to be aaronck's (#1584). I'm exhausted today and on fumes.. may be time to get some CBD tonight!
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2020, 03:17 PM   #1608
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

We are really spoiled in Alberta where our retail cannabis execution is concerned.

I flew in to Toronto on Wednesday night and wanted to stop by a shop to pick up a pre-roll to help me sleep. Nothing in the government run cannabis stores anywhere near where I was staying. Ended up going to one of the grey market storefronts, cash only so I ended up paying the price plus $3.00 for the stupid ATM fee, and then they give you a receipt and you have to wait in line while someone in the back goes and puts your order together.

Here, we have boutique-style stores, stores run like liquor/grocery stores (Using your Co-op card to get cash back on cannabis is awesome), and they are all over the place. I think Alberta has really done it the right way.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2020, 04:01 PM   #1609
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
We are really spoiled in Alberta where our retail cannabis execution is concerned.

I flew in to Toronto on Wednesday night and wanted to stop by a shop to pick up a pre-roll to help me sleep. Nothing in the government run cannabis stores anywhere near where I was staying. Ended up going to one of the grey market storefronts, cash only so I ended up paying the price plus $3.00 for the stupid ATM fee, and then they give you a receipt and you have to wait in line while someone in the back goes and puts your order together.

Here, we have boutique-style stores, stores run like liquor/grocery stores (Using your Co-op card to get cash back on cannabis is awesome), and they are all over the place. I think Alberta has really done it the right way.
Yup. Everything is worse here. Everything.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:49 AM   #1610
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
I was comparing myself to all you boys taking 10-20mcg thinking I wouldn't need as much being a girl. So I took one cap... waited 2 hours:nothing. Took another cap, waited another 2 hours: nothing. Took a third cap, waited an hour and by that time it was time to go to bed. Fell asleep pretty quick, but I didn't feel any less pain. Maybe next time, I'll take 4 right out of the gate and see if that helps?
Do any of you drink and pop caps? I guess that would diminish effects?
I watched Black Panther during my "wait times". Was the CGI really bad in that movie or maybe I was high?
I had a similar sort of experience the first time I ever tried THC oil. I took .5ml waited an hour, nothing. Took another 0.5ml waited 2 hours, nothing. Took 1ml, waited 2 hours. Nothing. Went home from my friends house.

Woke up the next morning and my eyes were all messed up and I couldn't focus them and was super sick. My wife looked at me and saw my pupils were stupidly dilated and it took me all day to not feel messed up.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:02 PM   #1611
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Just some clarification: there are no government-run brick and mortar cannabis stores in Ontario. Only the online store is government-run. The storefront stores (well, most of them anyway) are not "grey market". They are licensed by the government.
Old 02-10-2020, 06:59 PM   #1612
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I would take it a step further and say it's among the best in the world for the dispensary purchasing experience. I'll raise you another city in Amsterdam that Alberta clearly outdoes when it comes to marijuana service.

Everyone thinks that Amsterdam is this euphoric stoners paradise where the weed is smoked liberally and coffee shops everywhere. While that's true to a certain extent, unless you buy from a dealer you need to buy from an actual coffee shop. You cannot buy it in stores like you can here. Don't let the hundreds of store shops with weed stickers plastered all over the window fool you. Unless the guy is selling behind the counter, there is no weed to buy at any store. Even the edibles are fake. They have the ''taste'' of weed, but no actual hemp and will do nothing if you eat them.

I was actually surprised to learn I had to step inside of loud sketchy coffee shop and buy weed from the bartender like I was ordering a shot. Way over priced, no display to look at, no pamphlets or information. It's like buying a shot and then off you go.

I'm genuinely impressed how most places here have good service, information and wide range of product. Sure there's some things they can improve on. But IMO Alberta has really set the bar world wide for how marijuana retail should be. I'd also imagine some places in the US would do it equally as good as they do here.

Last edited by Huntingwhale; 02-10-2020 at 07:01 PM.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:16 PM   #1613
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

What websites do you guys recommend for buying gummies online?
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:33 PM   #1614
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Or actually in store is probably better with all these shipping fees
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:17 AM   #1615
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Go into a store, ask what they have. Even if they don't have what you want, often times, the dispensary employees can point you in the right direction of what to order online.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2020, 04:12 PM   #1616
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:

I'm the same, every time I've smoked weed my head feels like it's being compressed and I get super anxious. Can't complain too much though as I've always been a happy drunk and even in my late 30's I don't get much in the way of hangovers
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 01:13 PM   #1617
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love cannibis. I hate pot culture. So edible gel caps have been a revelation. I started with Tweed argyle, which is 2.5 thc and 2-4 cbd mg per capsule.

I loved it. So I got some Penelope, which is a hybrid I guess, thats 10 thc 5 to 9 cbd.

It really helps with joint paint and my hand. And way less a pain than drinking.
White Out 403 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2020, 01:17 PM   #1618
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
I love cannibis. I hate pot culture. So edible gel caps have been a revelation. I started with Tweed argyle, which is 2.5 thc and 2-4 cbd mg per capsule.

I loved it. So I got some Penelope, which is a hybrid I guess, thats 10 thc 5 to 9 cbd.

It really helps with joint paint and my hand. And way less a pain than drinking.
I don't really encounter pot culture in my circles. Like, none of my friends would be caught dead with a cannabis leaf on their toque or anything dumb like that. We're just anonymous looking dudes that probably look like lame dads, which we are, but we're down to get fataed up is all.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2020, 01:18 PM   #1619
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I don't really encounter pot culture in my circles. Like, none of my friends would be caught dead with a cannabis leaf on their toque or anything dumb like that. We're just anonymous looking dudes that probably look like lame dads, which we are, but we're down to get fataed up is all.
Can I be a part of your club?
White Out 403 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2020, 02:12 PM   #1620
Dube
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
You gotta be a man rocket. Hot guy for sure.
Dube is offline   Reply With Quote