The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 07:56 PM   #1322
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
Whiskey in Novemeber, anyone?
CPL & Grey Cup Championships for Calgary in November please!
The Following User Says Thank You to Howie_16 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 09:36 PM   #1323
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Congrats to the club. Gravy now until November.

Can put full focus on Whitecaps, and hopefully not get distracted by the rule changes and roadblocks the CanPl and CSA decide to implement before the final.

Also does York (next league home game for Cavs) give a Guard of Honor, or, a half Guard of Honor?

Last edited by browna; 06-26-2019 at 09:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2019, 09:31 AM   #1324
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
Congrats to the club. Gravy now until November.

Can put full focus on Whitecaps, and hopefully not get distracted by the rule changes and roadblocks the CanPl and CSA decide to implement before the final.

Also does York (next league home game for Cavs) give a Guard of Honor, or, a half Guard of Honor?
Forget the Guard of Honor, what I want to see is a trophy or shield presentation for the Spring League champions!

My understanding is that LigaMX has an Apertura trophy, Clausura trophy, and a playoff champion trophy. We should have the same, even if the Spring/Fall trophies are the equivalent of the Campbell Bowl and Wales Trophy. This league needs some hardware to get people excited.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thunderball For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2019, 09:34 AM   #1325
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
Forget the Guard of Honor, what I want to see is a trophy or shield presentation for the Spring League champions!

My understanding is that LigaMX has an Apertura trophy, Clausura trophy, and a playoff champion trophy. We should have the same, even if the Spring/Fall trophies are the equivalent of the Campbell Bowl and Wales Trophy. This league needs some hardware to get people excited.
No kidding, if I didn't know better, after the game I would have just assumed it was a regular old win.
Old 06-27-2019, 09:45 AM   #1326
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

I just opened up a Cavs home shirt for my birthday!
Old 06-27-2019, 10:21 AM   #1327
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Cavalry FC scores first-ever CPL honour by winning spring season title

https://nationalpost.com/sports/socc...a-b30e1ede3f50

Quote:
“It’s not the end of anything,” a smiling Cavalry FC head coach Tommy Wheeldon Jr. told reporters post-game at York Lions Stadium in North York, Ont. “To us, it’s the beginning of something special.

“This is what we’ve wanted to do from Day 1 of pre-season camp in conversations I’ve had with all the guys. We wanted to be a team that competed for all the championships, whether it be the spring, fall or the main one at the end. Now we have one foot in it. We want to earn the right now to play in the (Canadian Championship final) and the CONCACAF.”
Old 06-27-2019, 01:11 PM   #1328
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bahahaha, I just realised that Hamilton lost to Edmonton!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2019, 08:33 PM   #1329
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone been following the "Inside the CPL" series on One Soccer? It seems to be a more in depth series which shows highlights and talks about a few stories from around the league. I'm diving in now...

Old 06-27-2019, 09:01 PM   #1330
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Turns out it's a generic highlight show with a few team-centered pieces. Content itself seems pretty good, but the half robotic / half fake enthusiastic narrator takes away a little.

The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2019, 01:04 AM   #1331
Addick
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post

Deffo. Unfortunately, I think the league heads are too far away to realise what it would mean to us supporters.
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”

- Roberta Brandes Gratz
Old 06-28-2019, 09:09 AM   #1332
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

So unless there's some shenanigans going on - and there might be - they sold about five full rows of the $90 seats for the Whitecaps yesterday. There's less than 800 tickets left in the grandstand, so probably right at or around 5000 tickets sold or reserved right now.
Old 06-28-2019, 10:20 AM   #1333
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
So unless there's some shenanigans going on - and there might be - they sold about five full rows of the $90 seats for the Whitecaps yesterday. There's less than 800 tickets left in the grandstand, so probably right at or around 5000 tickets sold or reserved right now.
Looks like every weekend game for the remainder of the season is selling well as well. I bought a pair for everyone of those games myself. It's too much fun not to go.
Old 06-28-2019, 11:03 AM   #1334
RM14
First Line Centre

Exp:

This is not a complaint but an idea I hope the Club is already thinking about.

That all black fitted hat looked good the other day and got me thinking where can I even buy one. It would be great if there was somewhere downtown, be it a store, kiosk, or a mobile shop that people who don't make it to the games could browse and pick up merchandise.

Steven Avenue has summer mobile vendors, or maybe they could set something at the Stampede trade show market.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RM14 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2019, 12:49 PM   #1335
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

A pop up shop is a great idea. Advertise the changing location on social media so fans can find it, but they would also get new and casual fans who just stumble upon it by accident. Good for merch and for marketing.

The official shop at Spruce Meadows is quite busy and crowded on game days, plus I found the selection was fairly limited last time. Both of those are good things because people are obviously buying things, but a mobile, semi-permanent, or permanent location that isn't at Spruce Meadows would be very convenient for a lot of people.
Old 06-28-2019, 12:54 PM   #1336
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
A pop up shop is a great idea. Advertise the changing location on social media so fans can find it, but they would also get new and casual fans who just stumble upon it by accident. Good for merch and for marketing.

The official shop at Spruce Meadows is quite busy and crowded on game days, plus I found the selection was fairly limited last time. Both of those are good things because people are obviously buying things, but a mobile, semi-permanent, or permanent location that isn't at Spruce Meadows would be very convenient for a lot of people.
I couldn't be bothered to buy merch too long of a wait in line, but I love the idea of buying a Cavalry cap in a normal hat store.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2019, 12:56 PM   #1337
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post

This is especially useful since the online store doesn't seem to have anywhere to input a season ticket holder discount (unless I'm wrong). They would definitely have more of my money on an impulse buy.
Old 06-28-2019, 01:57 PM   #1338
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

A pop up shop downtown or on 17th would be a great idea. I've balked at buying merchandise a few times simply because the line is too long for me to wait in.

Old 06-28-2019, 03:17 PM   #1339
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesFanStrandedInEDM For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2019, 03:22 PM   #1340
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Charcuterie included, or is that extra?

Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge