Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2020, 12:26 PM   #2901
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

In the original video, it looked like he was checking that lineman's (#68) Gatorade bottle too, to see if there was liquor in it I'm guessing. It's a national championship celebration, get outta here Sergeant Buzzkill. What a nerd
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 02:16 PM   #2902
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Agent Drew Rosenhaus conditionally terminated his relationship with Antonio Brown until the free-agent wide receiver seeks counseling, an NFL Players Association source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Rosenhaus wrote in the letter that the NFLPA received Thursday that he would like to work with Brown, but not until he first gets help.

Additionally, attorney Darren Heitner has removed himself as counsel for Brown in a lawsuit filed in 2018 that alleges Brown caused damages to a rented condominium, per an order granting motion to withdraw filed in Miami-Dade County. The court allowed Heitner to withdraw as counsel on the landlord/tenant case that he handled until this week.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...s-relationship
Old 01-16-2020, 02:47 PM   #2903
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not a big Rosenhaus fan but it's good to see someone close to AB come out and admit that the man has mental issues and needs help.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2020, 02:52 PM   #2904
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

It can’t be said enough: Mike Tomlin for coach of the decade
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:02 AM   #2905
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting conversation on ESPN Nashville radio right now, asking if the Titans should attempt to sign Brady or should they re-sign Tannehill. Tannehill could pull a Collins where he had one great season with the Titans and then next year he was crap OR he could pull a Gannon where he turns his career around later with the Raiders.
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:25 AM   #2906
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Or it could be that Tannehill was never really that outstanding anyway this year and the Titans' success is more or less entirely Henry's? It's not like Tannehill was consistently passing for 200 yards in the Titans' wins. In fact I'm pretty sure he only did that in 3 of their 10 wins, against such juggernaut teams as the Chargers, Raiders and Jaguars. Tannehill gave them what they needed but he wasn't amazing or anything.

... That being said, LOL at the notion that Brady is going to want to sign in Tennessee.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:44 AM   #2907
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only chance of Brady ever leaving was as a package with McDaniels coaching somewhere. No way is he learning a new system. The Titans will either franchise Tannehill or give him a "long term deal" that has lots of outs in it so it's not an albatross. I mean look at Garoppolo, he's thrown fewer than 30 passes this postseason and his team has won both games by 17 points and those scorelines didn't reflect how dominant the 49ers were. The Titans were close to a top five team with Tannehill as QB, as long as you don't make a massive commitment to him he has to come back as starter.
Old 01-20-2020, 12:00 PM   #2908
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

McDaniels not getting offered any head coach jobs probably puts a damper on Brady leaving. I cant see him moving to a new offense this late in his career but I have read that he and Mike Vrabel are buddies outside of the game.
Old 01-20-2020, 12:50 PM   #2909
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

I think Tom will stay in NE or retire. Does anyone remember fondly the Montana years in KC or the Favre years in Minnesota?
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:56 PM   #2910
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
I think Tom will stay in NE or retire. Does anyone remember fondly the Montana years in KC or the Favre years in Minnesota?
No but I remember Manning as a Bronco and will chose to always remember him that way. I think they were talking more about what "if" with Brady or Tannehill. It's an interesting question because there are still questions in regards to Tannehill and how much of the success was because of Henry. They also mentioned Philip Rivers as another option and he has expressed interest in the past to join the Titans. But you still can't deny the offense was electric to end the year and Tannehill was a big part of that.
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 01:15 PM   #2911
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I definitely remember Favre in purple, albeit for all the wrong reasons.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 01-20-2020, 01:48 PM   #2912
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Favre's first Minnesota season might be his most memorable, had several miracle plays and of course it ended with this legendary moment:

Old 01-20-2020, 02:44 PM   #2913
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Better yet...

Old 01-20-2020, 03:21 PM   #2914
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

I actually rewatched that game leading into the playoffs, watching that final drive for the Vikings in regulation I actually can't believe they lost that game.

Tie game, 1 minute to go, 1st and 10 at the Saints 33. Already in field goal range. Then they get a too many men on the field call, unbelievable. Next play, Favre has all sorts of room to run a few extra yards to get back in range, instead throws a crossbody interception. Vikings blew that game.

EDIT: Didnt see that deep dive when I wrote that, just the first clip. That was a good watch. After the last few playoffs, it's good to remember a year where we were on the opposite end of one of those!

Last edited by Sainters7; 01-20-2020 at 06:53 PM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 03:08 PM   #2915
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning is retiring after 16 seasons and two Super Bowl MVPs, sources tell ESPN.

Manning will hold a news conference on Friday to officially announce the news, the sources said.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...16-nfl-seasons
Old 01-22-2020, 07:58 PM   #2916
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
I can acknowledge he was better than Dilfer, Johnson, Hostetler, Williams, and Foles but it's kind of gross that he's going to likely go into the HOF one day as he is not deserving. Thoroughly mediocre in an era where plenty of non-HOF Qb's put up great numbers and Jim Plunkett couldn't get in winning two Super Bowls in near identical fashion because he wasn't elite so I don't know how Eli should.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2020, 08:22 PM   #2917
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I will always respect Eli for saving us from a perfect Patriots season.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2020, 08:26 PM   #2918
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

The speed in which this guy is spiralling out of control is frightening.

Quote:
The Hollywood (Florida) Police Department has issued an arrest warrant for Antonio Brown following allegations that he and his trainer attacked a moving company truck driver near Brown's Florida home.

Hollywood police spokesman Christian Latta said in a Wednesday news release that Brown faces charges of burglary with battery, burglary of an unoccupied conveyance and criminal mischief.

Police told ESPN that they made several attempts to contact Brown to question him about the incident, but the free-agent wide receiver retreated into his home and ignored their requests to speak with him.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...battery-charge
Old 01-23-2020, 06:43 AM   #2919
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's going to be interesting to see what the league does with Brown in the offseason. One would imagine he's going to face some sort of discipline for his behaviour. I know the Seahawks and another team or two were interested in signing him and were hoping the NFL would have come to a conclusion prior to the end of the season so I expect that he will play again in the NFL on a team that's desperate but you have to imagine at least 3/4 of the league will want no part of him. When he runs out of money later on in life he's surely going to look back at 2019 with a lot of regret.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:30 PM   #2920
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

At this rate he isn't going to have a later on in life.
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote