Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2022, 02:24 PM   #1181
Deviaant
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Her name is Stella. She was a 15 year old Alaskan Husky. I always said I’d never post in this thread but here I am. I put her down on the first and just picked up her ashes. I still have her bowl and bed out, I can’t bring myself to clean up. She was the most gentle soul and I’m so lucky to have had her in my life. She was my world and the vet lost her collar. What I’d give to hold her one last time.
Deviaant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 02:48 PM   #1182
prarieboy
Late Bloomer

Exp:

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. How lucky to have such a great dog for so long. She must have been very loved. I noticed the Flames tag on the collar
prarieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to prarieboy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2022, 03:26 PM   #1183
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

So sorry for your loss. What a happy looking doggo in that picture.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2022, 03:43 PM   #1184
Deviaant
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

She most definitely was loved and I was so very very lucky to have had her in my life for as long as she was.

I think she enjoyed watching Flames games with me although, I suspect she just liked the snacks that might fall on the floor during an exciting moment.

I do appreciate the kind words. She really enjoyed playing with those dandelions, she would run through them flicking her head until they were bare. Then lounge around in the aftermath of it all. We really loved spring time. The in-laws live in Priddis Valley so I think this spring time when all the dandelions are up I’ll find a nice meadow and spread her ashes or bury them. I think she would like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Deviaant For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2022, 04:38 PM   #1185
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm so sorry, Deviaant. It is one of the hardest things we have to do as dog owners.
Old 01-13-2022, 09:29 AM   #1186
Old Yeller
First Line Centre

Exp:

It's almost impossible to focus on currently, but eventually you'll look back and realize that 15 years of playing with dandelions is just about the best damn life you could have provided her.

I'm also sorry the vet lost her collar.
Old Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old Yeller For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2022, 02:33 PM   #1187
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Well, unfortunately it’s my turn to share in this thread. Our little buddy Ringo crossed the rainbow bridge last night after have a few rough days. He passed about an hour after I made the appointment with the vet for today, so I guess he wanted to go out on his own terms. I have certainly never met a dog like Ringo; he was a quirky little guy, who was true to the Pekingese breed of being aloof with strangers but a total clown with his family. He was a great friend and we will miss him. It was not a surprise as he was very old and had a few health issues. It’s been a sad day. Even though he wasn’t very active anymore, it’s funny how many “check ins” I built into my daily work from home routine to give him a pet or just say hi. Love you buddy!
bagofpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 01:31 AM   #1188
BowRiverBruinsRule
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagofpucks View Post
Well, unfortunately it’s my turn to share in this thread. Our little buddy Ringo crossed the rainbow bridge last night after have a few rough days. He passed about an hour after I made the appointment with the vet for today, so I guess he wanted to go out on his own terms. I have certainly never met a dog like Ringo; he was a quirky little guy, who was true to the Pekingese breed of being aloof with strangers but a total clown with his family. He was a great friend and we will miss him. It was not a surprise as he was very old and had a few health issues. It’s been a sad day. Even though he wasn’t very active anymore, it’s funny how many “check ins” I built into my daily work from home routine to give him a pet or just say hi. Love you buddy!
Sorry to hear. We do actually love our pets. I have out lived many and always sad. I think about them all. I am sad for Ringo.
BowRiverBruinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BowRiverBruinsRule For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2022, 08:09 AM   #1189
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Kind of funny…Ringo haaaaaaated the cold and snow. I’m sure he felt the cold front moving in this weekend and decided “nope, I’m out!” Of all the things I’ll miss, trying to coax him outside in a blizzard is not on the list!
The Following User Says Thank You to bagofpucks For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2022, 08:15 AM   #1190
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

And I always struggle posting pics, so hopefully it works. Ringo in all his quirky glory!

Last edited by bagofpucks; 02-19-2022 at 08:23 AM.
Old 02-19-2022, 01:33 PM   #1191
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
And I always struggle posting pics, so hopefully it works. Ringo in all his quirky glory!

Fixed it for you. He looked very handsome and dignified.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2022, 03:29 PM   #1192
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Thanks AC, appreciate the help!
Old 02-20-2022, 03:25 PM   #1193
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviaant View Post

Her name is Stella. She was a 15 year old Alaskan Husky. I always said I’d never post in this thread but here I am. I put her down on the first and just picked up her ashes. I still have her bowl and bed out, I can’t bring myself to clean up. She was the most gentle soul and I’m so lucky to have had her in my life. She was my world and the vet lost her collar. What I’d give to hold her one last time.
I’m so very sorry for your loss. What a beauty!
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigtmac19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2022, 03:26 PM   #1194
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I’m so sorry for your loss. What a cutie he is.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 06:14 PM   #1195
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

My turn here, Hades was a 12 year old Doberman. He had a run in with cancer and that's a fight even the toughest dog can't win. Even though he looks scary, he was the biggest chicken #### ever. Wherever you are now Hades, I hope there's no smoke alarms and all the cats you could ever want to give gentle headbutts to. Gonna miss you, fat butt.

Spoiler!
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 06:21 PM   #1196
Deviaant
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
My turn here, Hades was a 12 year old Doberman. He had a run in with cancer and that's a fight even the toughest dog can't win. Even though he looks scary, he was the biggest chicken #### ever. Wherever you are now Hades, I hope there's no smoke alarms and all the cats you could ever want to give gentle headbutts to. Gonna miss you, fat butt.

Spoiler!

What a beautiful dog. I’m sorry for your loss of Hades. #### smoke detectors.
The Following User Says Thank You to Deviaant For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2022, 07:00 PM   #1197
prarieboy
Late Bloomer

Exp:

Quote:

Spoiler!
Terribly Sorry to hear about the loss of your buddy. Fat Butt gave me a bit of a chuckle.
prarieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to prarieboy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2022, 07:03 PM   #1198
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by prarieboy View Post
Terribly Sorry to hear about the loss of your buddy. Fat Butt gave me a bit of a chuckle.
The wife and I had 3 dogs at one point, a chihuahua who died a few years ago (small butt), a reserve rescue mutt who's still around (medium butt) and Hades (fat butt).
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PaperBagger'14 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2022, 07:05 PM   #1199
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Spoiler!
What a good looking doggo. I'm so sorry for your loss!
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2022, 10:08 AM   #1200
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate when this thread is bumped as I always tell myself "don't open it" but I always have to go in to give respects to the companions of CP members that have passed on. RIP Hades.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post: