Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-08-2021, 01:15 PM   #61
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Does anyone know if you can buy a single NFL game on Optik? We don't watch enough football to come close to justifying Sunday Ticket, but our friends are Steelers fans and we are Broncos fans and it would be nice to be able to watch that game (it's not on any of the regular channels)
Old 10-08-2021, 01:32 PM   #62
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
Does anyone know if you can buy a single NFL game on Optik? We don't watch enough football to come close to justifying Sunday Ticket, but our friends are Steelers fans and we are Broncos fans and it would be nice to be able to watch that game (it's not on any of the regular channels)
If you have a smart TV or chrome cast you can get a free 30 day trial of DAZN and it streams all the games on Sunday. It is only $20/mth as well so overall cheaper than Sunday Ticket
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2022, 09:17 AM   #63
jharp
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Has anyone tried Telus Wi-Fi Plus? It’s their mesh Wi-Fi setup. I get that an aftermarket mesh router would likely be better, but the cost benefit for a $600 aftermarket router vs their $10 per month plan seem to skew towards Telus to me, if they are somewhat close.

Last edited by jharp; 03-25-2022 at 12:03 PM.
jharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 01:59 PM   #64
sleepingmoose
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharp View Post
Has anyone tried Telus Wi-Fi Plus? It’s their mesh Wi-Fi setup. I get that an aftermarket mesh router would likely be better, but the cost benefit for a $600 aftermarket router vs their $10 per month plan seem to skew towards Telus to me, if they are somewhat close.
Are you talking about their "Telus Boost" setup?
sleepingmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 03:43 PM   #65
jharp
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingmoose View Post
Are you talking about their "Telus Boost" setup?
I think it is separate. It sounds like they are renting a mesh network for $10 per month.

I am sure aftermarket systems are better, just wonder how much better.

The product from Telus is brand new (I think) so wondering if it is serviceable or not worth the effort.
Old 07-14-2022, 03:16 PM   #66
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just have to laugh at this pathetic company for how bad they are. They even called me to remind me!

"We are upgrading all our copper to fibre at no cost to you now"

Yes, well, I cancelled our internet in March, and when we still got billed I cancelled again in May. At the time I was told billing was separate from service, so service was cancelled but billing kept coming. Great system.

So she checks "Yes, you still have service and are still being billed." She then says she hears this all the time... "about 5-10% of our customers have these issues and do not want to deal with us."

Why is it like this every time I have to deal with these clowns? Guess I need to escalate to the small business VP again, since that was the only way I could get dialup cancelled years ago. Just pathetic they accept they will lose customers forever becuase they can't get the simplest of things resolved.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2022, 08:03 AM   #67
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

"Let me transfer you to cancellations..." and click. Dumped.

"OK, and is there anyone you want to transfer this service to instead of cancelling?" Dude, seriously?

This is a fun Monday morning.
Old 07-18-2022, 08:07 AM   #68
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

"It has been cancelled. Would you agree that my service has been good today?"

"Well no, that's like tipping before my food arrives. I'll wait and see if it is actually cancelled before confirming anything."
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2022, 09:40 AM   #69
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

I just made the switch to Telus from Shaw with a door to door salesman haha.

I was paying 156$ for Shaw 300mb and cable and Telus gave me 1gb and the same cable packs for 120$ a month + 300$ credit.

I wish I had dumped the TV, we don't really use it and Telus Optik TV is way behind the new Shaw BlueSky or whatever it is. Also Telus networking is very restrictive compared to Shaw, the Optik boxes have to run through the Telus router so I need to use 2 SSIDs if I want to use my routers.

That being said the improved internet speed is nice and hopefully in 2 years I can switch back to Shaw on a better deal.
indes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 10:15 AM   #70
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

"Sorry, this is the home service line, you need the business line."

Yes, well, I called the number that is printed on our Telus statement for our business account under "billing and enquiries", so this seems like it's something maybe you should figure out. As a phone company. You know, basic ####.

I hate call Telus day.
Old 08-11-2022, 08:31 PM   #71
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Telus to add a credit card processing fee starting in October, pending CRTC approval

https://mobilesyrup.com/2022/08/09/t...rocessing-fee/

I'm sure Hell and Rogers will follow suit. Anything to gouge us as much as possible.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 11:08 AM   #72
Yellefan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Telus to add a credit card processing fee starting in October, pending CRTC approval

https://mobilesyrup.com/2022/08/09/t...rocessing-fee/

I'm sure Hell and Rogers will follow suit. Anything to gouge us as much as possible.
I might have to start mailing them cheques then.
Yellefan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 02:43 PM   #73
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Telus moving forward with 1.5% ‘Credit Card processing fee’
Quote:
As of October 17, 2022, TELUS customers with Consumer Mobility and Home Services* will be charged a 1.5% Credit Card Processing Fee (plus tax) if they choose to make a bill payment by credit card. The Credit Card Processing Fee applies to both One Time and Pre-Authorized Credit Card bill payments, and is not higher than the fee TELUS pays to accept credit card payments.
https://www.telus.com/en/support/art...&bid=994529695

very cool thank u telus
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 01:01 PM   #74
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
TELUS wanted workers to stay quiet about the company’s off-shoring policies and sent a Memorandum of Agreement to their union to protect the company’s brand image, documents obtained by PressProgress reveal.
https://pressprogress.ca/telus-wante...mHUaUeOnhv4CmQ
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 05:11 PM   #75
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has anyone returned items to Telus?

My elderly mom didn't realize she was signing up for smart phones when she got the price of her phone bill adjusted. She can't use a smart phone let alone many. They contacted her to go over her plans and save her money.... alarm bell.

I tried to conctact Telus support and dm'd them on Twitter as that was the least time consuming method. They took her number and my number and would call her to verify everything. Somebody called her, and then called me to get an email address to send the shipping bill.

The guy I talked to was very short and to the point. No appologies for anything. Just we're going to send you the shipping bill to attach to the packages. When are you going to send them? Can you do it today.

Alarm bells went off.

They sent the shipping bills to me. They butchered my moms name, setup an email for her for the ship to address.... more alarm bells.... I searched for the address and it is a residential house in Ontario....

Pretty sure this is a scam.

I can't get through to anyone at Telus to confirm my suspicions, but I think I'm calling the cops...

anyone else confirm my suspicions?
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 05:15 PM   #76
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

That does not sound like Telus and I would not ship that
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 01:36 AM   #77
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yup... it is a scam.

After hours of waiting on hold I finally got through to someone at Telus.

Scammers call, find someone to con. They get your name, account number, credit card, etc. All under the guise of offering a smoking great deal. They setup an online account and order a few devices, with the credit card number you gave them. They have a fake email address used for this account they just stole from you. They get tracking information and call you sometime after you receive the devices. Tell you they made a mistake and they'll give you the proper devices, please send them back. They'll give you a pre-paid shipping label (probably paid for with your card, or some other stolen card). The label sends it to their house, or a friend's house. Or a house they live nearby and can porch pirate when the phones you "sent back" arrive.

I spent a lot of time on hold. I have also contacted the police and I'm supposed to contact the Canadian Anti-Fraud hotline too. My mom cancelled her credit card and Telus will help us restore her account and return the devices properly as well as reverse charges for the phones and plan.

Pretty slimey.
Old 10-07-2022, 06:33 AM   #78
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

For the amount of effort people put into scamming, they could just do a real job. Hope they go to jail, scamming elderly is really low. Just scum.
Old 11-27-2022, 08:19 PM   #79
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

How do you go about escalating an issue with Telus beyond the escalation team? The last time I talked to them was in October and they directed me to take the phones to the Telus store in the mall to return them and they would be cancelled.

The guy at the Telus store checked everything out and said they are cancelled and I just have to take them to Canada Post and send them back as RTS and Canada Post will slap a pre-paid waybill on it. Did that.

My mom just got her November bill and not a damn thing was done. All three phoned are still on her account, no charges were reversed and she checked her credit card statement and no refund for the phone purchase was issued.
Old 11-28-2022, 07:57 AM   #80
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
How do you go about escalating an issue with Telus beyond the escalation team? The last time I talked to them was in October and they directed me to take the phones to the Telus store in the mall to return them and they would be cancelled.

The guy at the Telus store checked everything out and said they are cancelled and I just have to take them to Canada Post and send them back as RTS and Canada Post will slap a pre-paid waybill on it. Did that.

My mom just got her November bill and not a damn thing was done. All three phoned are still on her account, no charges were reversed and she checked her credit card statement and no refund for the phone purchase was issued.
I'd say good luck, and call back often. It usually takes 3 or 4 tries before any billing change "sticks". Sometimes it will take a year or more. Ask for names and contact info of who you deal with for the next step.

I've once had to resort to contacting the executive level, which of course resolved it rapidly with apologies. Here is where you name drop and list the previous dates of contacting them and names, so they know you've made an effort.

https://www.telus.com/en/about/leadership-team

Jim Senko I think would work for you.

The email address format is [first name].[last name]@telus.com

You can also contact the CRTC.

Final step is to get rid of Telus and never send a dime there way again.

Last edited by Fuzz; 11-28-2022 at 08:07 AM.