Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2022, 10:47 AM   #921
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tough to really put sony Xperia 1 IV but you have to when it comes to cameras on phones. It's tough because I don't think anyone carries them, you have to buy them stand alone. And they are not cheap.

I like the S21 Ultras set up. It does the trick. But if I was buying a phone for a Camera and I could swing the Cost, I'd definitely go the Sony.

It's all the same at the end of the day anyways. Wish the Hasselblad CoOp worked out better than it has for the Onepluses. What the hell happened to Oneplus anyways? They really strayed off the path the last two model circuits.

Last edited by dammage79; 07-09-2022 at 10:50 AM.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 09:20 PM   #922
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Tough to really put sony Xperia 1 IV but you have to when it comes to cameras on phones. It's tough because I don't think anyone carries them, you have to buy them stand alone. And they are not cheap.

I like the S21 Ultras set up. It does the trick. But if I was buying a phone for a Camera and I could swing the Cost, I'd definitely go the Sony.

It's all the same at the end of the day anyways. Wish the Hasselblad CoOp worked out better than it has for the Onepluses. What the hell happened to Oneplus anyways? They really strayed off the path the last two model circuits.
Sony is the most frustrating company in the mobile space. They make some of the best hardware on the market, but do an absolute #### job of marketing their devices and put zero effort into making them easy to buy. And it wouldn't take much effort to fix that, MKBHD did a great piece on this

Hemi-Cuda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 10:44 PM   #923
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has anyone with a Pixel 6 had an issue with wireless charging? For some reason my phone doesn't like my bedside charger anymore. The charger is working fine because I can wirelessly charge other devices including other Pixel 6 phones. I was using this charger fine up until last week. My phone will wirelessly charger on other chargers in the house and in the car but it just won't connect to this charger anymore. Does anyone have any ideas of what might be going on?
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 08:41 PM   #924
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

My father is in the early stages of dementia and I'm looking for ways to track him on his Android phone.

What's the best way to do this? Family Link? Find my Android Device?

In a perfect world - I'd prefer him to not to see my whereabouts (but for me to see him). I'm an iOS user, but do have a Fire Tablet if this is an Android only scenario.
I-Hate-Hulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 08:55 PM   #925
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

You should be able to share his location in Google Maps
Old 09-24-2022, 01:21 AM   #926
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I used Family Link, I think to share locations with my kids. Person would show up on Google maps. Wife and daughter on iOS and son and I on android. It worked but it was cumbersome. Possible to switch him to an iPhone? Their Find My is a better implementation than what google has. Or even just an Airtag? Put it in a bracelet or key chain? You could keep track without him seeing you.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 12:28 PM   #927
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
You should be able to share his location in Google Maps
This should work perfectly. You do not have to share your location. Share to you through his Google maps. To locate, just open your maps, profile and choose location sharing and it will pin him on a map.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 11:14 PM   #928
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone pre-ordering a Pixel 7 pro? The $200 Google store credit seems like a decent deal. My pixel 3xl is getting a bit long in the tooth.
Old 10-08-2022, 03:08 AM   #929
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not yet but I'm definitely considering it
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 03:46 PM   #930
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Put the order in today. Should be here on the 14th.
Old 10-12-2022, 06:02 PM   #931
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sigh.

The promotion is one per account. I had ordered a phone for me and one for my wife and only received one $200 credit. I've contacted support to hopefully avoid having to return one and reorder one under her account.

Moar annoying is the phones have shipped.

Anyone have any luck with Google support?
Old 10-12-2022, 08:01 PM   #932
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Sigh.

The promotion is one per account. I had ordered a phone for me and one for my wife and only received one $200 credit. I've contacted support to hopefully avoid having to return one and reorder one under her account.

Moar annoying is the phones have shipped.

Anyone have any luck with Google support?
We got boned on this last year with the pixel 6 and the pixel buds...2 phones and only one set of buds because we ordered both on one account.
indes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 08:13 PM   #933
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by indes View Post
We got boned on this last year with the pixel 6 and the pixel buds...2 phones and only one set of buds because we ordered both on one account.
Did you contact support? Any luck?
Old 10-17-2022, 09:34 PM   #934
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by indes View Post
Support came through with honoring the purchase.

Got the phone tonight, still working through the set-up and trying to figure out the passwords for all my apps, but pretty good so far.

It's bigger and heavier than my Pixel 3XL, not uncomfortably bigger, but definitely noticeable.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2022, 03:53 PM   #935
cral12
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just got mine from Best Buy - got in on their $200 gift card promotion

Any case and screen protector recommendations?
Old 10-19-2022, 12:26 AM   #936
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cral12 View Post
Just got mine from Best Buy - got in on their $200 gift card promotion

Any case and screen protector recommendations?
I bought the Spigen Rugged Armor, will get the Spigen screen protector when they are available.
Old 10-27-2022, 10:22 AM   #937
Misterpants
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

This could go in the Apple thread, this thread or the GMG thread, but hoping more someone has a solution than just hollering into the void.

I use Airpods-1st Gen with my Samsung S10 and every time I connect, it does so automatically. I start playing whatever content and 30 seconds in, the airpods disconnect, music gets paused, automatically reconnects and then i have to start my music again. I swear this is programmed by Apple as an F_U to me for having the gall to use airpods with an android device. Anyone have any solutions?
Misterpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 12:35 PM   #938
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterpants View Post
This could go in the Apple thread, this thread or the GMG thread, but hoping more someone has a solution than just hollering into the void.

I use Airpods-1st Gen with my Samsung S10 and every time I connect, it does so automatically. I start playing whatever content and 30 seconds in, the airpods disconnect, music gets paused, automatically reconnects and then i have to start my music again. I swear this is programmed by Apple as an F_U to me for having the gall to use airpods with an android device. Anyone have any solutions?
Yeah, honestly stop using airpods. Overpriced junk.

There's better cheaper alternatives grom Google or Samsung. Or spend a couple bucks and get some sonys or technics or klipsh
Old 10-31-2022, 08:25 AM   #939
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterpants View Post

Do you have the airpods connected to multiple devices? Could they be switching devices?
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 01:32 PM   #940
Misterpants
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMoss View Post
Do you have the airpods connected to multiple devices? Could they be switching devices?
No they are only paired to my Android. Very frustrating. I do appreciate the advice of "I know you are looking for a quick fix, but have you tried spending $150 on something else?"
Misterpants is offline   Reply With Quote