Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 08:13 PM   #12961
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Guys that downplay Dube usually really like Mangiapane or Czarnik. I like all 3.
The triplets! Lol
Old 02-27-2019, 08:13 PM   #12962
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Will the first round pick have more value at the draft than it did at the trade deadline?
Old 02-27-2019, 08:16 PM   #12963
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post
Will the first round pick have more value at the draft than it did at the trade deadline?
All I know is it will be great to keep it, and let our above average scouting staff make the pick!
Old 02-27-2019, 08:17 PM   #12964
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
Point per game in the ahl, can play all 3 forward positions, great hockey IQ.

He may not be top tier, but he is probably the flames #1 forward prospect.
Thanks I actually honestly didn’t know his AHL stats and those are impressive. But when I watch Dube and Mangiapane it’s no contest and I am not sure Dube will ever amount to anything beyond line 4 in the NHL. Would love to be pleasantly surprised though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2019, 08:18 PM   #12965
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Guys that downplay Dube usually really like Mangiapane or Czarnik. I like all 3.
I like Dube the least as a winger of those three. I think he's not a natural winger.

I like him a crap tone because he's a mobile center who covers space and reads the lanes just like Backlund, Ryan, and Bennett do, with similar elusiveness.

I don't really compare him to those two, I compare him to Jankowski who I think he is better than already.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
Old 02-27-2019, 08:19 PM   #12966
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
Thanks I actually honestly didn’t know his AHL stats and those are impressive. But when I watch Dube and Mangiapane it’s no contest and I am not sure Dube will ever amount to anything beyond line 4 in the NHL. Would love to be pleasantly surprised though.
I thought Dube outplayed Mangiapane when they were more head to head. Mangiapane has grown into his NHL role. I think Dube will do as well.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:20 PM   #12967
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
I like Dube the least as a winger of those three. I think he's not a natural winger.

I like him a crap tone because he's a mobile center who covers space and reads the lanes just like Backlund, Ryan, and Bennett do, with similar elusiveness.

I don't really compare him to those two, I compare him to Jankowski who I think he is better than already.
Yes, he is going to be a great centre I think. Not a first liner, but anywhere else down the line I could see.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:25 PM   #12968
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I think he has a higher ceiling, but they can both be great players in the league. Its sure nice to see these speedy talented young players.

What sticks with me most about Dube is training camp 2 years ago. It was brought up that guys like johnny were surprised when he was cut as he thought he was good enough then to make the team!

The great thing about CP and being a die hard fan, is that we get to watch and see how these guys grow while BS'n about them!

For the record I'm a huge fan of Eat Bread as well!
The Following User Says Thank You to Moneyhands23 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2019, 08:27 PM   #12969
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Yes, he is going to be a great centre I think. Not a first liner, but anywhere else down the line I could see.
He has the potential to be a versatile 2nd line centre. Time will tell if he reaches that potential. I think he is likely to be at least a good 3rd line centre and that's pretty damn good!
Old 02-27-2019, 08:37 PM   #12970
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Dube is 2 years younger and in his 1st pro season.

Won't amount to anything beyond line 4 in the NHL? He was that in his first pro game. I think he will be more than a 4th liner by next year, if not before the end of this year.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2019, 08:38 PM   #12971
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
He has the potential to be a versatile 2nd line centre. Time will tell if he reaches that potential. I think he is likely to be at least a good 3rd line centre and that's pretty damn good!
Yeah, I think a pretty good projection for him is a Backlund replacement (in a few years)
Old 02-27-2019, 08:39 PM   #12972
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Yeah, I think a pretty good projection for him is a Backlund replacement (in a few years)
We would be very lucky if that's the case!

What a time to be a Flames fan!!!
Old 02-27-2019, 08:42 PM   #12973
Bunk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
We have a prospective Gio replacement (Valimaki) and a prospective Backlund replacement (Dube). Good news for us if it pans out!
Old 02-27-2019, 08:58 PM   #12974
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

i think Dube has a shot to be really good to be honest, but really for smaller skaters, you have to be a fantastic skater and have a great shot...

definitely could be a guy that may be able to replace backlund one day.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:45 PM   #12975
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post
It will be 31st overall at the draft, so yeah likely less value.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:46 PM   #12976
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

31 Thoughts
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...e-sweepstakes/

1. Mark Stone:
I think if Calgary got him there, the Flames loved their chances of it eventually occurring. But word is Ottawa’s ask included Juuso Valimaki, and for the second year in a row Calgary rejected anyone’s attempts to pry loose the Finnish defenceman.

10. Winnipeg wasn’t the only team that asked about Matt Hendricks. I think both Calgary and Edmonton did, too. People love the guy.

13. Early in my career, the Toronto Raptors tried to trade a player named Victor Alexander, only to have the deal voided because he failed his physical. (One of the reporters carved him in print, and Alexander came looking for him on press row after he returned. That was a good lesson.) Jason Zucker didn’t fail a physical, but knows this weird feeling after his near-trade to Calgary, involving Michael Frolik and what’s believed to be a first- or second-second-round draft pick, fell through.

14. It’s possible Calgary made a waiver claim on Micheal Haley, too. But San Jose had priority.

15. The Flames wouldn’t confirm it, but did ask about Vancouver’s Alexander Edler. It’s believed Pittsburgh circled around him a couple of times during the year, and Sportsnet 650’s Rick Dhaliwal reported Columbus had interest, too. The biggest hurdle in Edler’s contract talks with the Canucks will be no-move protection. With Quinn Hughes turning pro this year and potentially being eligible for the 2021 Seattle expansion draft, the organization will want maximum flexibility.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2019, 07:50 PM   #12977
Hackey
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Zucker would have been a nice upgrade on Frolik but I don't like the idea of having the guy for another 4 years at 5.5 million. Especially if it cost us a 1st as well. I think I'd rather trade Valimaki for Stone if it was between the two. Maybe things worked out for the best.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:17 AM   #12978
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Ya.. that contract is probably fair for what he brings, but seems like a big add for the Flames right now especially with Tkachuk needing a raise.

Zucker is a guy I've always liked since he was drafted though and would have looked great on the wing here.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:48 AM   #12979
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

It’s possible Calgary made a waiver claim on Micheal Haley, too. But San Jose had priority.

Hahaha
Old 03-01-2019, 10:51 AM   #12980
David Struch
First Line Centre

Exp:

I wonder, could the trade have been bigger than initially reported... Jason Zucker & Eric Staal for Michael Frolík & Mark Jankowski/James Neal/Michael Stone/prospect + the high pick (1st/2nd)

Last edited by David Struch; 03-01-2019 at 10:58 AM.
Closed Thread