Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2016, 10:28 PM   #701
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Not watching but are we getting a classic Cruz "dance run and make Floyd Mayweather look like an aggressive fighter" snoozefest?
He was alright tonight. I wouldn't call it exciting, but he did rock Faber and didn't just get on his bike after. Faber looked like he already retired, and then hinted at in the post-fight interview.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:29 PM   #702
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not sure of the spoiler etiquette in this thread, so...

Spoiler!
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:33 PM   #703
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

That UFC 200 hype video was unreal.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:49 PM   #704
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

So lame. Bisping just seems so overrated.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:50 PM   #705
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well that sucks.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:53 PM   #706
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

The vid was just missing the "Oh, and one more thing..." line.

Makes a bit more sense why White was playing hard to get with McGregor when it came to appearing on 200, as he knew he was getting Lesnar.

Who knows, maybe McGregor knew it was happening too.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:56 PM   #707
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like bisping. He's a hard worker.
Old 06-04-2016, 11:00 PM   #708
burnin_vernon
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

This is the first time I've cheered for Bisping to win. It's a good story for a guy who has always stepped up to fight.

It sure looked like Rockhold wasn't taking him seriously, though, with his smirks and his sighs.
burnin_vernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:01 PM   #709
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

McGregor Diaz 2 confirmed for UFC 202 as well
Canada 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:12 PM   #710
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

hints that is will be Lesnar vs Mark Hunt

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...35d550704dcbf7

Last edited by Canada 02; 06-04-2016 at 11:14 PM.
Canada 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:23 PM   #711
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope Lesner fights CM Punk
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:25 PM   #712
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Never thought I'd see the day where Bisping was the champ at 185.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:41 AM   #713
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lesnar vs Hunt will suck.

Lesnar will take him down - Hunt can't defend it - and Lesnar will grind out a wrestling victory in the first round.

Hunt might be my favorite fighter, but putting him in with Lesnar is just setting up a boring fight.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:50 AM   #714
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ariel Helwani banned for life from UFC events. I am assuming for breaking the Lesnar news. That sucks, he is an awesome reports who has been following and reporting for a long time.

Quote:
I love this sport & this job with all my heart. Did nothing unethical. I reported fight news. That's it. & then told we're banned for life.
https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/sta...269633?lang=en
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boblobla For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2016, 07:51 AM   #715
burnin_vernon
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
Ariel Helwani banned for life from UFC events. I am assuming for breaking the Lesnar news. That sucks, he is an awesome reports who has been following and reporting for a long time.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/sta...269633?lang=en
That does suck. He has always been my favorite MMA guy. Without knowing the story, it sounds like Dana is being a baby.

Last edited by burnin_vernon; 06-05-2016 at 09:14 AM.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:06 AM   #716
burnin_vernon
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Bisping is known for his loud mouth and I've always disliked him because of that, especially when he couldn't win big fights with his big mouth. Did he just sucker me in to wanting to buy his fights to watch him get destroyed?

His attitude in the post fight presser is unreal; he's the worst sore winner I've ever seen Is this really him, or is this all part of hyping a rematch? Rockhold came out blazing too, do they have an agreement to get the buzz going?

Chael Sonnen always says the promoting for your next fight starts the instant after your current fight. Hardcore MMA fans don't care about this stuff and just want to see the best fights, but talking trash is how you gain new fans and sell more PPVs. As more fighters really catch on to this, I think we'll see more of it in the next 5 years, and big personalities will be the big draws, a la WWE.

I don't think I have a problem with it, as long as we see good fights because of it.

The fun starts at 11:35. NSFW language

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/6/5/...ess-conference
Old 06-05-2016, 10:00 AM   #717
Trojan97
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnin_vernon View Post
Bisping is known for his loud mouth and I've always disliked him because of that, especially when he couldn't win big fights with his big mouth. Did he just sucker me in to wanting to buy his fights to watch him get destroyed?

His attitude in the post fight presser is unreal; he's the worst sore winner I've ever seen Is this really him, or is this all part of hyping a rematch? Rockhold came out blazing too, do they have an agreement to get the buzz going?

Chael Sonnen always says the promoting for your next fight starts the instant after your current fight. Hardcore MMA fans don't care about this stuff and just want to see the best fights, but talking trash is how you gain new fans and sell more PPVs. As more fighters really catch on to this, I think we'll see more of it in the next 5 years, and big personalities will be the big draws, a la WWE.

I don't think I have a problem with it, as long as we see good fights because of it.

The fun starts at 11:35. NSFW language

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/6/5/...ess-conference
Come on now. Rockhold was one of the saltiest losers I've ever seen. He paid Bisping absolutely no respect nor did he give him any credit for defeating him. Bisping certainly didn't take the "high road" but I don't see any reason why people should expect him to after how arrogant and disrespectful Rockhold was before, during and after this fight. Looks good on him.
Trojan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:25 AM   #718
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

i'm watching the Press Conference now and Rockhold is absolutely scuttling himself. He can only hope he's concussed.

Question: Rockhold did preparing for Wiedman and getting Bisping on short notice screw up your game plan? (or to that effect)

Rockhold: "No, it was more about me going out there and proving a point. Trying to beat Bisping and over-committing and trying to work new things. If I go out there and fight my fight (pause for effect) This man can't compete with me. I'll prove that anytime..."

Bisping interrupts: "Did I just hear you say that I can't compete with you? Is that what I heard everybody? Is that what I heard? I was talking to you right here and saying Well Done. Is that what I heard? Did I hear him say I can't compete with him?

Rockhold: You say it now in front of the press. When we're man to man in the cage we saw your true colours we see who you are.

Bisping: Dude. You just said I can;t compete with you. I knocked you out in the first round. COLD. Have you seen the replay buddy? Your head was bouncing around like a pinball machine.

Sorry, Rockhold was begging for that.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:47 AM   #719
burnin_vernon
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan97 View Post
Come on now. Rockhold was one of the saltiest losers I've ever seen. He paid Bisping absolutely no respect nor did he give him any credit for defeating him. Bisping certainly didn't take the "high road" but I don't see any reason why people should expect him to after how arrogant and disrespectful Rockhold was before, during and after this fight. Looks good on him.
My point was that they both seemed so over the top that it was more promotion than vitriol.
The Following User Says Thank You to burnin_vernon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2016, 12:27 PM   #720
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Rockhold, Bispong, Wideman, they're all so boring, 185 is about as uninteresting as it gets right now. Rockhold is unbearable, Bisping even more so.

Bisping called Rockhold a "f*ggott" after the press conference last night, classy bunch.

UFC 200 is sick, the amount of past, present and future talent on that card is ridiculous.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post: