Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2022, 07:35 PM   #81
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

There was a good sized group of freedom protestors on Saturday in downtown Vancouver at Robson Square. There's no more mandates, barely anyone wears a mask anymore. Why are you still protesting, with signs that read #FauciEmails, #ArrestTrudeau and #Plandemic? First sunny weekend in Vancouver in a while and this is how you want to spend it?
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 07:49 PM   #82
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I think Party City would have what you’re looking for.
I tried Winners and Value Village today, no luck there. Only red/Canadian shirts were Raptors NBA shirts with "We the north" on them. I'll give party city a shot
PaperBagger'14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 08:19 PM   #83
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
The wife and I are hosting a pretty big Canada day party and I'm wondering 2 things.

1) How do I dress way over the top patriotic (Canada flag cape, Canada tank top etc.) Without looking like a pro disease-er?

2) where would you even go to get an outfit like this?

Wear a Canada flag face mask. This would make the trucker convoy types heads explode.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 08:27 PM   #84
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
There are some pretty crazy notions that people believe freedom fighters and the convoy protestors have taken over the symbols of Canada like the flag. It is absurd in my opinion but there was a bit of discussion about this after the Ottawa protest either in the freedum thread or the Covid morons thread.
Nah, they took over the Canadian flag in one, extended, stupid moment. And the Canadian flag **** is associated with flags on vehicles and in very specific gatherings. Everything associated with Canada Day will be looked upon as Canadians being patriotic and having fun as it always has.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2022, 09:56 PM   #85
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Just spend the $13 and get one of these, they work great. Ours is 15 years old.

https://www.rona.ca/en/product/wap-a...t-trap-1309016

In my experience if you notice lots around, you have a nest somewhere nearby. Use the foaming spray once you find it. Follow them around, you should see them sneeking in a hole somewhere, or up in a tree.
For $13 that is a great price to trap some wet ass P###Y.

Clearly, no one clicked the link, knows the reference or has the maturity of a 14-year-old boy. Thank god I am here to point these things out. Maybe the Rona folks are taking the piss or it was an actual error but I think that is damn funny.
Old 06-12-2022, 10:20 PM   #86
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2 View Post
For $13 that is a great price to trap some wet ass P###Y.

Clearly, no one clicked the link, knows the reference or has the maturity of a 14-year-old boy. Thank god I am here to point these things out. Maybe the Rona folks are taking the piss or it was an actual error but I think that is damn funny.
It took me substantially more than $13 to get a WAP trap
PaperBagger'14 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaperBagger'14 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2022, 08:36 AM   #87
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
What kind of person assumes someone who dresses up in Canada attire on Canada day is a convoy supporter?
I flew a Canada flag off my house during WC qualifying matches (I have an American neighbor; we had fun with it).

But when those convoy idiots blockaded the border, I took it down.

Maybe I'm a coward, but I certainly didn't want my other neighbors thinking I supported those clowns at the border.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2022, 09:34 AM   #88
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I flew a Canada flag off my house during WC qualifying matches (I have an American neighbor; we had fun with it).

But when those convoy idiots blockaded the border, I took it down.

Maybe I'm a coward, but I certainly didn't want my other neighbors thinking I supported those clowns at the border.
It’s an opinion shared by the overwhelming majority of the people I know (in Ontario for context).

Kinda adds to the whole “psy op” angle, aim to use the flag as their symbol with the added bonus knocking Canadians patriotism down a notch.

Last edited by Scroopy Noopers; 06-13-2022 at 09:38 AM.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 09:37 AM   #89
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The convoy was barely even talked about in my circles while it was happening and I haven’t heard about it (except on here) In a long time.

I’m shocked people would hold those thoughts.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 09:39 AM   #90
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The convoy was barely even talked about in my circles while it was happening and I haven’t heard about it (except on here) In a long time.
Count your blessings
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 09:41 AM   #91
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I’m shocked people would hold those thoughts.
I still see a handful of Freedom Canadian flag stuff out and about, but I figure that it is kind of like the new truck nuts. Just tacky people doing tacky things.
TheIronMaiden is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2022, 09:41 AM   #92
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have two Canada flags flying at my house. They’re staying where they’ve been for years. My neighbours (both next-door neighbours have flags still up) know I’m not an a$$hole.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 01:16 PM   #93
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've got an old MEC duffel bag I really like, but the waterproofing is coming off in little balls that sticks to everything. I don't care much about renewing the water proofing, but is their a good way to either stop what is there from comnig off, or easily remove all of it?
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 01:21 PM   #94
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
I've got an old MEC duffel bag I really like, but the waterproofing is coming off in little balls that sticks to everything. I don't care much about renewing the water proofing, but is their a good way to either stop what is there from comnig off, or easily remove all of it?
Nope. It's pooched. Only good use now is for, like, storing dirty nasty stuff in your shed or garage. There's no fixing it and it'll continue to shed that layer forever covering anything/everything in it.

Edit: The fabric you have is likely called Cordura. The layer that is peeling is a polyurethane coating. Look online using those terms and you'll find some guys who will go to the effort of trying to remove and re-coat it, but good fataing luck. I don't think it'll work and it's definitely not worth the effort.

Last edited by Sliver; 06-13-2022 at 01:25 PM.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2022, 01:45 PM   #95
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Nope. It's pooched. Only good use now is for, like, storing dirty nasty stuff in your shed or garage. There's no fixing it and it'll continue to shed that layer forever covering anything/everything in it.

Edit: The fabric you have is likely called Cordura. The layer that is peeling is a polyurethane coating. Look online using those terms and you'll find some guys who will go to the effort of trying to remove and re-coat it, but good fataing luck. I don't think it'll work and it's definitely not worth the effort.
Crap, thanks. I was hoping I could dump some toxic chemicals or something in it and close it up , shake it, and magically watch it vanish. Damn persistent hydrocarbons...
Old 06-13-2022, 03:34 PM   #96
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It’s been three years. Buy a decent headset so people can actually hear you online.
Old 06-15-2022, 06:44 PM   #97
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post

Not one to throw something away without at least trying something, I figured lowest effort was the washing machine. I turned it inside out and zipped it closed(open), cranked the heat up to 11, used regular detergent and saw my wife had a box of Oxyclean, so dumped that in too. After the first cycle it had loosened it up a bit, but still a long way to go. Reloaded with soap/oxy, and by the third round, success! Pretty low effort if you have a bag you like.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2022, 06:48 PM   #98
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are tetra pack beverage containers different from the broth/stock containers? I find that it is odd the containers for chicken broth do not have a refundable deposit but the same box filled with apple juice requires a deposit. What is going on with this stuff?
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 09:50 PM   #99
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Not one to throw something away without at least trying something, I figured lowest effort was the washing machine. I turned it inside out and zipped it closed(open), cranked the heat up to 11, used regular detergent and saw my wife had a box of Oxyclean, so dumped that in too. After the first cycle it had loosened it up a bit, but still a long way to go. Reloaded with soap/oxy, and by the third round, success! Pretty low effort if you have a bag you like.

Oh wow man, that's awesome. I had a purple/eggplant mec klettersack (Sp?) that I had since about 1991. I loved that thing and finally last year I threw it out because it had done that thing where the coating inside totally delaminates. I had even taken it to mec to ask if there was anything they could do and they said no, which is fair...it was pretty old. I'm bummed now!
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 10:01 PM   #100
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've probably got the same eggplant pack in my closet with a pealing liner, you just reminded me. I took that thing around the world. It's up next!