Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2021, 01:19 PM   #241
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Xander’s big moves were early and then he just kind of floated to the finals ( not a knock to position himself that way is good game play)

But when you take the weakest Jury ever and put Richard and Shan on it , those 2 hand picked the winner and everyone else just followed I can almost guarantee

Two of the most unlikeable hypocrites ever to play the game
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 02:51 PM   #242
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m pretty sure no one saw Xander as a threat because everyone knew no one would vote for him. As bad as it may sound the whole season was based on wokeness and there was no way anyone was voting for a straight white male.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 03:30 PM   #243
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The biggest weakness in the game no matter what is the jury. Mainly because they don't care about who played the best game. This year yeah it was based on woke, but no matter how good of a game you play, you can find a way to nicely get rid of a player and they won't applaud you for it, they'll vote based on hurt feelings.

I mean if its truly survivor, Jeff drops a baseball bat in between the 3 finalists and see who want's the million dollars the worst.

But the jury thing this year, outside of a uninspiring cast with a few people that legitimately made asses out of themselves on global TV was awful.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2021, 10:03 AM   #244
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

That season was so bad then I may not watch the next one. They filmed back to back so that means they would have no opportunity to identify and correct the badness of this season.
It's going to be back to back bad.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2021, 10:42 AM   #245
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Surprised he got no votes but honestly Xander did a terrible job of selling his game, and he basically did nothing in the back half of the game.

Even when asked about the choice to bring Erika his answer was about how good she might be at making fires instead of building himself up and repositioning it as not being scared of her. He basically played into her hand by showing how effective her unassuming intern strategy was.
Flames0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 01:24 PM   #246
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

All of the recent seasons have made me realize that Philippines to Millennials vs Gen X was a really good stretch of seasons. Ever since the mess that was Game Changers it’s been mostly downhill. Only David vs Goliath and All-Winners (which was looking mediocre until Tony saved it in the second half) were good seasons during this current stretch. My interest has gone from “waiting all week excited to watch the next episode live” to “meh, I’ll catch up on DVR when I’m bored”.

They really need to go back to basics. And juries need to stop finding make-believe reasons to vote for someone.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 04:17 AM   #247
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Saw this on Reddit analyzing each winner and the amount of solo airtime they received proportional to everyone else on their season.

"I quantified the edit by comparing the number of confessionals each winner received in their season vs. how many confessionals they would have received if confessionals were distributed evenly in each episode among all players still left in the game."

Easy correlation to see that the women and people of colour get a disproportionately "bad edit"
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2021, 09:40 AM   #248
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Hrmm. So Tony is the son of two Greek immigrants, are Greek people considered white? What is the cut off? European? So Spanish and Italian people are also White? What about Portuguese? Or Brazilians who immigrated from Portugal?

How much "non white" does one have to have in their ancestry to tip the scales to a POC? Or is this literally based on colour of skin? Because if so I honestly did not think Tony was "white" when I saw him on Survivor... I guess my view point is skewed.

There is also a case for the more engaging or 'likeable' people got more air time. Look at Bob Crowley, probably one of the most boring people to ever play Survivor and he is "White" and second last..

Last edited by GreenLantern; 12-19-2021 at 09:47 AM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 01:46 PM   #249
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Perhaps as a viewer, those specific white men were considered more 'likeable' or entertaining because they got a disproportionate amount of airtime though. Even if completely subconscious, that line of thinking probably speaks to some biases.

The male/female split is especially stark.
Old 02-18-2022, 06:57 PM   #250
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone watching Suvivor Australia?

Good season so far, Sandra is on it (yes that Sandra)
The AU version is actually better than the US version IMO...and I'm not a guy who says things like that just to be contrarian. It seems to be way tougher and no forced woke storylines.

I pirate it tbh, it streams free in AU though so VPN would work too.
Old 02-18-2022, 08:54 PM   #251
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Anyone watching Suvivor Australia?

Good season so far, Sandra is on it (yes that Sandra)
The AU version is actually better than the US version IMO...and I'm not a guy who says things like that just to be contrarian. It seems to be way tougher and no forced woke storylines.

I pirate it tbh, it streams free in AU though so VPN would work too.
I'll check it out. I've enjoyed past AU seasons, but it's way more of a commitment than the US version.

Australian Big Brother is 10x more interesting than the US or Canadian versions too.