Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2019, 08:02 PM   #101
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh2640 View Post
Lack of compassion for sure. Not a lack of understanding.

Nothing demonstrates a complete lack of understanding than an utter disregard for compassion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:12 PM   #102
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Understatement. I should have kept my mouth shut. Many in this forum are not the right people to have a conversation about this stuff. My bad all !
No reason to keep your mouth shut. We're all adults and the discussion is important. Say whatever and just don't respond to people who want to disparage you. Just respond to the posts you feel like responding to.

Even my first response to you was worthless and should be ignored (but I left it in for posterity).
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2019, 08:24 PM   #103
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
Nothing demonstrates a complete lack of understanding than an utter disregard for compassion.

You take that back Cobra !
jlh2640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:50 PM   #104
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

He's using an iPad what do you expect.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2019, 10:51 PM   #105
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Well, this thread had potential, but then you all had to go and blow it.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2019, 05:24 AM   #106
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
He's using an iPad what do you expect.

So, is your hamster wheel run computer still doing it for you?

The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:57 AM   #107
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playfair View Post
I have a friend who's daughter passed away because Fentanyl was found laced with heroin. It's no myth and an insult to say otherwise.
Fentanyl is actually a much cheaper and more powerful opiate than Heroin. Typically when drug dealers lace one drug with another, it's to cut down on cost. They dilute the desired drug and then lace it with a more powerful and cheaper alternative in the hopes the user does not notice.

Lacing Fentanyl with heroin would actually be the exact opposite of what you would want to do. Plus it would actually make the drug safe, as Fentanyl is many times more dangerous (IE potent) than heroin.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:03 AM   #108
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
The thing that gets me about this is that he must have been using pretty close to the test time. Unless he is a very frequent user, the typical test halflife time is something like 1 day. Hence the more frequent abuse of cocaine in drug test heavy industries (like our very own oil sands.) It's not like weed where it can stay in your system for a month.

If you know you're likely to be tested, why not take a night off from the nose clams? I don't care to comment on the actual use of drugs, but it seems plain stupid/irresponsible to me to use so close to a potential testing window.
Kuznetsov just comes across as really dumb here. Not only is what you are saying likely correct, but he'd also just been involved in the hotel scandal.

I do think this will taint his career. Kuznetsov's stats are on the brink of bringing him star power during negotiations. This kind of behaviour is likely to cost him a major contract. For example, I see it unlikely that a team offers him an 8 year x 10 mil contract anymore. Instead he's likely to sign for 20 million less due to his off ice issues.

He's an idiot.
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2019, 09:05 AM   #109
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Kuznetsov just comes across as really dumb here. Not only is what you are saying likely correct, but he'd also just been involved in the hotel scandal.

I do think this will taint his career. Kuznetsov's stats are on the brink of bringing him star power during negotiations. This kind of behaviour is likely to cost him a major contract. For example, I see it unlikely that a team offers him an 8 year x 10 mil contract anymore. Instead he's likely to sign for 20 million less due to his off ice issues.

He's an idiot.
The guy has 6 years left. He isn't getting another big NHL contract the way the league is going anyway. Besides, teams know what their players do and the concern probably isn't all that high..
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:05 AM   #110
shogged
First Line Centre

Exp:

Guy spreads misinformation and is shocked when called on it. Go figure lol
shogged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:11 AM   #111
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
The guy has 6 years left. He isn't getting another big NHL contract the way the league is going anyway. Besides, teams know what their players do and the concern probably isn't all that high..
He has 5 years left.

But you're right. I didn't realize he was already 27. Makes his behaviour even more baffling though. He's old enough to know better.
Old 08-27-2019, 09:13 AM   #112
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
He has 5 years left.

But you're right. I didn't realize he was already 27. Makes his behaviour even more baffling though. He's old enough to know better.
6, he is signed through 2024-2025.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/evgeny-kuznetsov
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2019, 09:18 AM   #113
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I never understood anyone would want fen in their coke or why anyone would want to sell something like that to their customers. It seems like a waste of both drugs to combine them and the dangers of mixing strong stimulants with strong depressants are just too high.

It's good that he is taking ownership and I think he sounds sincere, but I do have to chuckle when they say it is "voluntary" that he is seeking help. He is in a situation where it is really the only choice he can make.
-since this #### isn't legal, none of it is regulated at all, so it's easy to imagine that the manufacturing and distribution chains may not be the cleanest LOL.

-people love to mix their uppers and downers. You can legally drink a Jäger-bomb, for example
Geeoff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:26 AM   #114
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeoff View Post
-since this #### isn't legal, none of it is regulated at all, so it's easy to imagine that the manufacturing and distribution chains may not be the cleanest LOL.

-people love to mix their uppers and downers. You can legally drink a Jäger-bomb, for example
Speedballs (mixture of cocaine and opiates) were a big thing in the 1990s. It's how River Phoenix died. It's probably also how John Belushi, Chris Farley, and Philip Seymour Hoffman died too.
Old 08-27-2019, 10:11 AM   #115
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

The most likely reason he got caught is that he forgot in the moment that the IIHF PED testing procedures are different than the NHL's.

Under the CBA only a 1/3 of the NHL's PED tests get tested for narcotics and recreational drugs. Even then, if a test comes back positive the NHL really does anything about it. At most if the test shows dangerous levels or high habitual use the player then gets referred to the substance abuse program. IIRC a player testing positive in this case remains confidential.

Also under the CBA the NHL and NHLPA define their own subset of PEDs based on the World Anti-Doping Agency's list. Basically every year they look at the WADA's list and the leagues' doctors along with the PA doctors have to agree on drugs they consider to be performance enhancing to hockey. If they don't agree, the drug isn't put on the NHL's PED list. The IIHF appears to follow a strict adherence to the WADA list.

If the NHL does decide to discipline Kuznetsov it will be because it sounds like he lied during their investigation of the cocaine video, not because of this test.

Last edited by sureLoss; 08-27-2019 at 03:50 PM. Reason: not sure how i forgot the anti
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2019, 02:26 PM   #116
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Speedballs (mixture of cocaine and opiates) were a big thing in the 1990s. It's how River Phoenix died. It's probably also how John Belushi, Chris Farley, and Philip Seymour Hoffman died too.
Speed balls are beginning to become more prevalent again on the streets. Only it’s meth mixed with fentanyl
Old 08-27-2019, 02:28 PM   #117
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogged View Post
Guy spreads misinformation and is shocked when called on it. Go figure lol
It wasn’t misinformation from where I got it from. But again believe What you want. That’s the beauty of the internet. We can move on now.
Old 08-27-2019, 02:30 PM   #118
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
The most likely reason he got caught is that he forgot in the moment that the IIHF PED testing procedures are different than the NHL's.

Under the CBA only a 1/3 of the NHL's PED tests get tested for narcotics and recreational drugs. Even then, if a test comes back positive the NHL really does anything about it. At most if the test shows dangerous levels or high habitual use the player then gets referred to the substance abuse program. IIRC a player testing positive in this case remains confidential.

Also under the CBA the NHL and NHLPA define their own subset of PEDs based on the World Doping Agency's list. Basically every year they look at the WDA's list and the leagues' doctors along with the PA doctors have to agree on drugs they consider to be performance enhancing to hockey. If they don't agree, the drug isn't put on the NHL's PED list. The IIHF appears to follow a strict adherence to the WDA list.

If the NHL does decide to discipline Kuznetsov it will be because it sounds like he lied during their investigation of the cocaine video, not because of this test.
I won’t be shocked if in the new CBA there are stricter guidelines and awareness of all of this.
Old 08-27-2019, 03:04 PM   #119
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Speed balls are beginning to become more prevalent again on the streets. Only it’s meth mixed with fentanyl
I see it a lot with the people I work with who are on the DTES here in Vancouver. I didn't realize that was a big recreational thing too though. At my age, meth seems terrifying. The though of being up for 24 hours straight is a nightmare.
Old 08-27-2019, 08:30 PM   #120
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I see it a lot with the people I work with who are on the DTES here in Vancouver. I didn't realize that was a big recreational thing too though. At my age, meth seems terrifying. The though of being up for 24 hours straight is a nightmare.
I often had the joking conversation with many coworkers about if you were offered 1 mil to do meth one time. Would you do it. The answer was a resounding no by everyone lol. Scary stuff out there.