Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2019, 09:08 AM   #101
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scornfire View Post
I'm dead on the inside if that helps
Sounds like something an Oilers fan would say.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:09 AM   #102
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scornfire View Post
I'm dead on the inside if that helps

You are drugs and dead on the inside. Sounds like an Oilers fan...
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:21 AM   #103
Guest1

Am I stupid or wasn't there an option to see post counts on threads? I can't find it?
Old 01-22-2019, 09:24 AM   #104
Scornfire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Would an Oiler fan do this to his friends?

NSFW!

I'm offended~
Scornfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:24 AM   #105
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
Am I stupid or wasn't there an option to see post counts on threads? I can't find it?
click on the number next to the thread.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:33 AM   #106
Guest1

Yup. I'm stupid.

I know GGG and HG have been the most frequent users, but it seems to me that GGG's posts had more substance to them than HG's... but I think I would have to go back and re-read them. But this early in the game I appreciate insight and dialog, so right now I would like to hear more from them.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:44 AM   #107
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_eoj View Post
Oling can you confirm whether or not all the roles were assigned randomly?
Yes, 100% random using a generator.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:47 AM   #108
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
I suppose this could be true but in one of the games I ended up replacing someone who was too busy to post and they were scum.
But doesn't that prove my point? A mafia player that couldn't post got replaced presumably because they didn't want to let down their couple of teammates. A townie wouldn't feel that same obligation and therefore would not get replaced as easily.

Anyway, Scorn has arrived, so this discussion is mostly moot.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:58 AM   #109
Guest1

If I couldn't post due to whatever reasons, I would still feel obligation to my team no matter if I was townie or scum. Maybe more-so for the townies because we're the good guys.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:01 AM   #110
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
Yup. I'm stupid.

I know GGG and HG have been the most frequent users, but it seems to me that GGG's posts had more substance to them than HG's... but I think I would have to go back and re-read them. But this early in the game I appreciate insight and dialog, so right now I would like to hear more from them.
Like you want me to explain myself already, or you want me to keep posting?

Yeah I've had some throw away posts, but with it being day 1 and having a bunch of new people I thought keeping it light was going to make it less intimidating for them to start. I've also been answering some questions they have had. I was also asking about the mod investigations in the event that a rookie has the power and isn't really sure how to proceed with it.

I've also given you my starting thoughts on the people playing, that way if I get killed you can go back and see how my feelings on them have changed.

So yeah, I've had fluff posts for sure but it's day 1 and there hasn't been a lot going on. For example we spent plenty of time on our role PM's that have never contained clues to alignment before, I thought that was kind of silly.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:14 AM   #111
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pux is talking a lot but not adding value, Asking for the two most high volume posters to post more is a really odd request. She is also flattering me and wanting more of my opinion.

It's a nice way for scum to hide. With EOJ having one vote on Pux I'm going to add a 2nd to increase the pressure.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:16 AM   #112
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Remove vote: Hockeyguy15

vote: Puxlut
Old 01-22-2019, 10:26 AM   #113
Guest1

You guys have played with me before... you know I never have any glaring intellectual insights
I guess I didn't articulate my sentiments clearer in the other post... I appreciate both of your guys posts because they are more "cerebral" than mine and your posts open some doors in my thoughts that wouldn't ever figure out by myself. That's why I encouraged more posts from you guys. I respect your guys game-play. If that is excessive flattery, I apologize.
But if you are going to waste a vote for a Flames fan, it might as well be me. But maybe there are other players that are just as derpy as me. But it just hasn't come out because some of the "newbs" haven't posted alot...
At least there's no turtle-sex jokes in this game.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:33 AM   #114
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

OK, so fun time...since the first pick leaves us little to work with as far as info, I've been trying to think of some way to make it interesting. So I'm putting my vote up for grabs. At 10 am tomorrow, whoever posts their official vote first, I will match. If you are posting a vote at that time and don't want this deal, let it be known. I'll expire this at 10:15am if no one takes the offer just to avoid confusion later. I will use forum post time, so if your post says 9:59, it won't count.

Rules:

1)no voting for me.
2)Once claimed, I will not change my vote before the deadline.
3)If you have already voted for someone, you can't claim this by re-voting for the same person. You can change your vote to someone else if you wish. If you have already voted, you may not, from this point until 10am tomorrow, change your vote, then change it back so that you attempt to get my vote for a person you already picked as of now. That means that these votes from these people below, as of now can't earn an extra vote. So Sebc can't get me to vote GGG etc.:
Vote Count:

Votes GGG (1): Sebc
Votes Puxlut (1): GGG
Votes crazy_eoj (1): Puxlut
Votes SebC (1): bizaro86
Votes bizaro86 (1): BondedVotes Scornfire(1): Hockeyguy15

This list will not change.

4)You agree not to vote for me next round. Now, I can't hold you to this so this will also be a test of honour, loyalty etc. The same as me saying I will do all of this, I could change my mind but we are stuck with truthiness here, and going forward.

5)You are not stuck with the vote you choose at 10 am tomorrow, you can change it after, but I will not change mine. It's a 1 claim shot.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:34 AM   #115
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Whoops, glitch in the last lien of the list.
Should read:
Votes bizaro86 (1): Bonded
Votes Scornfire(1): Hockeyguy15
Old 01-22-2019, 10:45 AM   #116
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Pux is talking a lot but not adding value, Asking for the two most high volume posters to post more is a really odd request. She is also flattering me and wanting more of my opinion.

It's a nice way for scum to hide. With EOJ having one vote on Pux I'm going to add a 2nd to increase the pressure.
I read the vote backwards, Pux is voting for EOJ not EOJ voting for Pux so I am the only vote on Pux. Doesn't change my assessment.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:49 AM   #117
crazy_eoj
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I read the vote backwards, Pux is voting for EOJ not EOJ voting for Pux so I am the only vote on Pux. Doesn't change my assessment.
Ok based on that I will follow through on my initial reaction to Pux voting for me to make it 2 votes.
crazy_eoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:50 AM   #118
crazy_eoj
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

vote: Puxlut
crazy_eoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:51 AM   #119
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
OK, so fun time...since the first pick leaves us little to work with as far as info, I've been trying to think of some way to make it interesting. So I'm putting my vote up for grabs. At 10 am tomorrow, whoever posts their official vote first, I will match. If you are posting a vote at that time and don't want this deal, let it be known. I'll expire this at 10:15am if no one takes the offer just to avoid confusion later. I will use forum post time, so if your post says 9:59, it won't count.

Rules:

1)no voting for me.
2)Once claimed, I will not change my vote before the deadline.
3)If you have already voted for someone, you can't claim this by re-voting for the same person. You can change your vote to someone else if you wish. If you have already voted, you may not, from this point until 10am tomorrow, change your vote, then change it back so that you attempt to get my vote for a person you already picked as of now. That means that these votes from these people below, as of now can't earn an extra vote. So Sebc can't get me to vote GGG etc.:
Vote Count:

Votes GGG (1): Sebc
Votes Puxlut (1): GGG
Votes crazy_eoj (1): Puxlut
Votes SebC (1): bizaro86
Votes bizaro86 (1): BondedVotes Scornfire(1): Hockeyguy15

This list will not change.

4)You agree not to vote for me next round. Now, I can't hold you to this so this will also be a test of honour, loyalty etc. The same as me saying I will do all of this, I could change my mind but we are stuck with truthiness here, and going forward.

5)You are not stuck with the vote you choose at 10 am tomorrow, you can change it after, but I will not change mine. It's a 1 claim shot.
This is Bad town strategy.

Assuming you are town (I stand by my earlier logic) you know that you are town. Therefore your vote in your hands you know is not being manipulated by scum. Your proposal takes that vote out of your hands and at best to someone with a chance of being scum, at worst actual scum. As a gambit to find scum I don't see how it works.

From a hunting standpoint it also absolves you of responsibility for your choices so your votes today do not establish a pattern of behaviour for yourself so hurts other peoples ability to read you.
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2019, 10:54 AM   #120
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well I'm not familiar with all the strategy details, and it's a game, so I thought it would be fun. So here we are.