Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2016, 10:31 PM   #181
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
The build up first to the wolves and then to Negan just got to me over the course of the last two seasons - it seems like the show isn't focused on what's happening, but what's going to happen. I dunno - after binging it, last season was a drag. That and Fear the Walking Dead make we wonder if I'm going to keep up with this franchise or not.
I enjoy that for the most part, to me its planning, its developing small-scale, personal stories within the defined over-arching storyline.

I dont know what most people want from this show, constant zombie-killing? Its a story following a group of people that have to overcome human adversity in the midst of a zombie apocalypse where they encounter an escalation of human adversaries while surrounded by a lethal ever-present danger.

The thing is: theres no Endgame.

The show has basically set us up with the idea that there is no happy ending coming, so, if you've bought your ticket, take the ride.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2016, 12:22 AM   #182
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriHrdina View Post
What's with the pigs.
Bacon?
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:30 AM   #183
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
i still haven't brought myself to watching 2nd season of fear aside from the premier. is it bad?
It has bits of good, just enough to frustrate you when they go back to boring. The biggest issue is the characters and actors. They are just so damn unlikable.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:05 AM   #184
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
The show has basically set us up with the idea that there is no happy ending coming, so, if you've bought your ticket, take the ride.
That's the whole issue with the show though. Every single season is the same. They find a new place, start to develop some normalcy while one or two of the characters starts doing some weird creepy sh*t, they get into some sort of conflict and have to leave and someone major dies.

Rinse. Repeat.

I know the writers have said that they'll never cure the problem or tell us more about the outbreak which basically killed the show for me and a lot of people I know. It'll just be the same thing over and over again and the writing isn't good enough to carry a show like that.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:13 AM   #185
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
That's the whole issue with the show though. Every single season is the same. They find a new place, start to develop some normalcy while one or two of the characters starts doing some weird creepy sh*t, they get into some sort of conflict and have to leave and someone major dies.

Rinse. Repeat.

I know the writers have said that they'll never cure the problem or tell us more about the outbreak which basically killed the show for me and a lot of people I know. It'll just be the same thing over and over again and the writing isn't good enough to carry a show like that.
So the "Walking Dead" isn't the Zombies, it isn't the Living, it is the Fans.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2016, 12:35 PM   #186
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post

Rinse. Repeat.

I think they've done a fairly good job of showing the breakdown and then re-evolution of human society. You evolution of the main characters as that happens around them.

You initially had roving bands taking shelter in the ruins of society. Now you have small kingdoms emerging and developing influence over other kingdoms.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:05 AM   #187
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would stop watching the show if Rick or Daryl were killed. Everyone else is fair game IMO.

My theory is everyone else does eventually get killed off and Rick and Daryl join the saviors as low level soldiers and one day stage a coup when they have enough internal followers.

I wouldn't be shocked if JDM actually beat one of his own minions in the last episode to show how merciless he can be even to his own people, as a warning to Rick's people not to try any funny business.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:28 AM   #188
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I would stop watching the show if Rick or Daryl were killed. Everyone else is fair game IMO.

My theory is everyone else does eventually get killed off and Rick and Daryl join the saviors as low level soldiers and one day stage a coup when they have enough internal followers.

I wouldn't be shocked if JDM actually beat one of his own minions in the last episode to show how merciless he can be even to his own people, as a warning to Rick's people not to try any funny business.
Nah, I think you are way off.

There is no way Rick bows down to anyone.

He wasn't too contrite when he was about to get his neck slit at Terminus.

I think Rick joins forces with the hockey equipment wearing horse riders.

Quote:
Old 08-12-2016, 10:51 AM   #189
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Nah, I think you are way off.

There is no way Rick bows down to anyone.

He wasn't too contrite when he was about to get his neck slit at Terminus.

I think Rick joins forces with the hockey equipment wearing horse riders.
True, it seemed impossible to escape from Terminus with guy after guy getting his throat slit, and yet Rick was defiant.

This time is seems impossible-er than before. Surely even the mighty Rick must submit? The saviors basically have an army and Rick has a rag tag group of old people and kids.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 01:17 PM   #190
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
True, it seemed impossible to escape from Terminus with guy after guy getting his throat slit, and yet Rick was defiant.

This time is seems impossible-er than before. Surely even the mighty Rick must submit? The saviors basically have an army and Rick has a rag tag group of old people and kids.

Quote:
Old 09-17-2016, 11:37 PM   #191
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally watched the finale. No way that it isn't Glenn.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 12:14 PM   #192
TheoFleury
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
Finally watched the finale. No way that it isn't Glenn.
I could see it being Abraham. But ya, one of the two.
TheoFleury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:39 PM   #193
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

Or both
JiriHrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2016, 02:34 PM   #194
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriHrdina View Post
Or both
Abraham on the pound-down and then get Glenn on the bat flip.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 06:13 PM   #195
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Definitely will not be Rick or Carl, as they are the protagonists.

Not Darryl, as he's too popular.

Not Maggie, as she's pregnant, and that would be too much.

Not Michonne, as she adds too much to the overall feel of the show.

Could see anyone else going though. Thought about it now, and I'm voting Abraham. Glenn seems like the obvious choice. So I think they'll throw this curve ball.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 06:16 PM   #196
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

I vote Abraham too.. finally got the goods with Sasha, things were going too well. Now it's time to bite it
Old 09-18-2016, 08:28 PM   #197
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Abraham is the one I figure it is too. Though they did say fans have an emotional attachment to whoever it is and I wouldn't consider him one of those characters. But they could just be trying to throw us off.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:34 AM   #198
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Not Maggie, as she's pregnant, and that would be too much.
Is killing a pregnant woman really any worse than killing a kid? They haven't had that extremely shocking moment in a while.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:43 AM   #199
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

They won't kill Maggie. You can hear her scream when the credits are rolling. And yes, killing a pregnant women would be way too much.

The Abraham story arc actually perfectly sets up an ending where Glenn is killed.

- Glenn and Maggie's active decision to get pregnant initiates the personal change in Abraham from a manly nihilism towards someone who yearns for obligations and responsibilities. That is, instead of being someone who kills for fun, he wants to be someone who protects - a father and a husband.
- Glenn, someone who Abraham always kind of wrote off, actually becomes a figurehead for his respect.
- The Alexandria community is marked as one that fosters, and nourishes life, as opposed to the Saviors, who only want to live well until they die. The Alexandrians are humanity's last hope, while the Saviors will be the final flash of light before the darkness.
- You see this many times throughout this past season. Carol's repentance for her crimes, Morgan's struggle to find a pragmatic pacifism, Rick's sacrificial leadership etc... compared to Negan's search for sacrifices, the Saviors who took Carol and Maggie (the smoking, the lack of remorse, the dysfunctional couple) etc...

Glenn will die, and Abraham will become central to this idea of rebirth in the series. He will also serve as a dramatic counterpart to Maggie as they both grieve Glenn's death for different reasons.

It is Glenn, for sure.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:46 AM   #200
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm still sticking with Eugene.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote