Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2020, 02:21 PM   #1
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:
Default Replacing a key fob

Both of my key fobs for my 2013 Dodge truck are not working the best, replacing batteries doesn't do anything. One doesn't work at all, and now the other is starting to act up. They work ok for now, but I'm looking at getting a new one so if both of mine do quit on me I'll have a backup.

Has anyone here replaced one, and where did you get it? Local dealer, locksmith, online, etc?? I know they can be pretty pricey depending on make and year and all of that, hopefully I don't have to spend a ton.

Thanks in advance for any help.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 02:29 PM   #2
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

First check/clean the contacts on the circuit board.

This era of Dodge also sometimes has the remote/immobilizer module go bad.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2020, 03:15 PM   #3
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I had to do this a few years back for my 2011 Truck.

Amazon for the replacement fob's.

1/2 hour Dealer time to program.
Old 10-20-2020, 04:41 PM   #4
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Google your model my previous vehicle a traverse you could program with a variety of gas pedal and break pedal pushes.

As an aside that modern vehicles with touch screens don’t give you full access to all of the error codes and things like key programming is ridiculous.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2020, 05:18 PM   #5
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Google your model my previous vehicle a traverse you could program with a variety of gas pedal and break pedal pushes.

As an aside that modern vehicles with touch screens don’t give you full access to all of the error codes and things like key programming is ridiculous.
I found instructions on how to do it for a Dodge key. Whatever you do, don't go to the dealer. They charge an insane amount for the key and programming.
  • First, step into the driver’s seat of your Dodge vehicle and lock your car with the key fob within ten seconds of getting in.
  • What you want to do next is insert the key into the ignition, turn it to the “RUN” position, and, while you’re doing this, press the “UNLOCK” button on your new key fob.
  • Next, simply hold down that “UNLOCK” button but also press the “PANIC” button on the key fob as well, and then release both buttons at the same time.
  • Lastly, you’ll want to press both the “LOCK” and “UNLOCK” buttons on your key fob at the same time, then release them simultaneously. Once more, press the “UNLOCK” button, and, if you’ve successfully followed these steps, then that should program your key fob with your Dodge vehicle.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2020, 06:23 PM   #6
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post

I'm kinda OK that the infotainment system is isolated from vital vehicle functions. I's fine if it can monitor them, but I think it's a dangerous hole to go down giving it the ability to modify vehicle settings.

"Lets just give this hastily slapped together computer that rarely gets updated, and has wireless interfaces, full access to everything in the car." Uh, I'd like to opt out of that.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote