Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2017, 05:18 PM   #241
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Well, there's an outside chance he could still be bought out in June if management feels it's really the direction they really want to go in despite his much better play this year as opposed to last year.

Granted there's a lot less of a reason to buy him out given that he's played quite well this year, but I still wouldn't completely rule it out even considering he's played well.
True but Jankowski (or someone else) would have to force their hand and make the team.
I hate the idea of buying out players and having dead money against the cap the year following.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 05:26 PM   #242
Karl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
True but Jankowski (or someone else) would have to force their hand and make the team.
I hate the idea of buying out players and having dead money against the cap the year following.
There's also a chance, and a much better one at that than a buyout, that Stajan could be the extra forward for the balance of next season like Freddie Hamilton is now.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backlund , mikael