Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2019, 03:56 PM   #121
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoggyFlamesFan View Post
Yes. Hyperbole. A very low percentage of millenials are able to afford homes, raise children, hell, even have enough for groceries some weeks. There are those of us who get a bad rap for being lazy and entitled. I do not condone those who expect everything handed to them. However, for those that hold decent jobs and are hardworking, we are finding ourselves at quite the disparity economically.

Wages have not increased at the same level as the cost of good and services around us, which have increased dramatically. That is fact. Again, sorry to derail, but I must oblige you with an answer.
What's your trade?
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 04:06 PM   #122
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoggyFlamesFan View Post
Yes. Hyperbole. A very low percentage of millenials are able to afford homes, raise children, hell, even have enough for groceries some weeks. There are those of us who get a bad rap for being lazy and entitled. I do not condone those who expect everything handed to them. However, for those that hold decent jobs and are hardworking, we are finding ourselves at quite the disparity economically.

Wages have not increased at the same level as the cost of good and services around us, which have increased dramatically. That is fact. Again, sorry to derail, but I must oblige you with an answer.
Thanks for the answer. I don't doubt it is harder for young people as I do believe that the standard of living (economically) is going down instead of up. That isn't inflation, though.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Fighting Banana Slug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 01:57 PM   #123
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Coaches are still gonna yell and swear at players...you don't think so? That is more than happens in the average work place

seriously go watch an NHL practice...I think the problem is some people don't actually live in the real world just the social media bubble
You really have your head in the sand on this one don't you?

Yelling and swearing is fine.

Abuse is not.

If you can't figure out the difference then your opinion on this is pretty worthless.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 10:25 PM   #124
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1202683297698123776