Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-17-2018, 08:19 AM   #201
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroneck View Post
It’s what we lacked last season...

There is no room for complacency, or moral victories after a come from behind SO loss.

Just because it is game 1 of the preseason, doesn’t mean we don’t need to take a long look in the mirror.
If we take a long look in the mirror, we'll see a bunch of hockey fans. Not sure how that affects the players on the ice 10,000 miles away.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:59 AM   #202
Rick M.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I really enjoyed the ‘new look’ Flames but have to remind myself that the Bruins left their top 2 centres and Chara behind.
Rick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 10:03 AM   #203
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick M. View Post
I really enjoyed the ‘new look’ Flames but have to remind myself that the Bruins left their top 2 centres and Chara behind.
I was thinking about that as well, but the Bruins are going to be a top team in the league this season barring some major injuries.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 12:02 PM   #204
metroneck
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Random View Post
If we take a long look in the mirror, we'll see a bunch of hockey fans. Not sure how that affects the players on the ice 10,000 miles away.
message was NOT processed in a sarcasm free facility.

phone does not allow for green text...
metroneck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to metroneck For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2018, 12:13 PM   #205
Macindoc
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick M. View Post
...while playing against a team with a new coach, 2 new top 6 forwards (and 4 new forwards in total), all-new top 4 D pairings, and a minor-league goaltender, while both teams were jetlagged and playing the first game of the preseason, with the Bruins being significantly outplayed by the Flames for the majority of the game and the victory being stolen by an unreal performance by the Bruins' goaltender, at least according to the broadcast team.

In the end, hard to read too much into it either way. There's a lot of over-reaction on this thread in both directions. In reality, it seems as if there are some positive signs, but this is clearly still a work in progress at this time.
Macindoc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macindoc For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2018, 12:37 PM   #206
Rick M.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macindoc View Post
...while playing against a team with a new coach, 2 new top 6 forwards (and 4 new forwards in total), all-new top 4 D pairings, and a minor-league goaltender, while both teams were jetlagged and playing the first game of the preseason, with the Bruins being significantly outplayed by the Flames for the majority of the game and the victory being stolen by an unreal performance by the Bruins' goaltender, at least according to the broadcast team.

In the end, hard to read too much into it either way. There's a lot of over-reaction on this thread in both directions. In reality, it seems as if there are some positive signs, but this is clearly still a work in progress at this time.
I can’t disagree with anything you’ve written and remain optimistic going into the season.
Rick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:09 PM   #207
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

when is game 2?
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:10 PM   #208
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote: