Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2018, 11:05 AM   #61
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

What do you mean penalizes STH? Do you have a right to make a profit? Owning season tickets isn’t meant to be a for profit venture. It’s to watch flames games. No one is owed the ability to make enough off the games they sell to go to x number of games for free.

I won’t speak for every price point but I find it hard to believe any CPer would have a hard time breaking even if they sold all 45 games on CP for FV or less.

For every game you sell below cost, you need to sell another for above cost. As long as these roughly match up then great. If not, it is not a penalty against you. It’s the cost of your investment. If you don’t like that cost, don’t buy ST anymore.

And if that means less tickets on CP, so be it. There’s a ton of people on that waiting list.

If anyone feels the need to make a profit or their tickets aren’t worth having, then maybe they shouldn’t sell on CP. I see nothing wrong with that. Just don’t tell me you’re doing me a favour by scalping me tickets so you can subsidize your cost and go to games for free.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2018, 11:14 AM   #62
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
What rows? The first 3 rows are the best seats in the building.
Maybe best value, but hardly best sets.

Prices based on supply and demand for tickets suggests otherwise.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 12:02 PM   #63
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I won’t speak for every price point but I find it hard to believe any CPer would have a hard time breaking even if they sold all 45 games on CP for FV or less.

There’s a ton of people on that waiting list.
I would strongly disagree with your assumptions above, which is where our disagreement seems to stem from.

First, is your assumption that its profitable for most STHs to sell individual games at a profit consistently. IMO the only seats where STH's can make a profit today by selling their 45 games individually are Green and Black seats. And maybe super awesome white seats (center ice, row 11-14). That maybe comprises 20%-30% of seats in the dome where its profitable to buy season tickets and then strip down to individual games. For most of us, it really is about limiting losses on the 10-50% of games we can't attend and decide to sell.

Also, I'd question your assumption there is "a ton" of people on the waitlist. Based on last year, it seemed as though there was a number of tickets held by the flames that were season tickets a couple seasons earlier. And renewal this year was low 90%s. So if it was bad last year, it might be even worse this year

Which suggests either (a) no waitlist or (b) a number of people on the waitlist who decided to pass on becoming season ticket holders.
GullFoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GullFoss For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2018, 09:30 PM   #64
taxbuster
First Line Centre

Exp:

I for one appreciated being able to sell the odd tickets here on CP while I was a STH. Part of my appreciation was helping other Flames fans go to games that otherwise they wouldn't be able to attend (cost / timing / whatever).

Now that I no longer live in Calgary, I equally appreciate the opportunity to purchase Flames tix from CPers - often "non-premium games" as I have only minor control over when I need to be here - and I still get to see my team.

Personally, I don't go to see Sid or (ick) Connor. I go to see the Flames. Doing so at a "reasonable" price is a bonus for me now. (If I happen to get a "premium" game, double bonus!)
taxbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:17 AM   #65
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
Maybe best value, but hardly best sets.

Prices based on supply and demand for tickets suggests otherwise.
So we disagree...
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:08 AM   #66
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Face value on the tickets fluctuates per game anyway, so charging more for a "premium" game shouldn't be frowned upon as the Flames instinctively do it as well.

Our company seats in the lower bowl start at 184.00 for non premium games (shown on the ticket) up to 246.50 give or take for premium games (also shown on the ticket)
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 12:39 PM   #67
Sec218
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec218 View Post
Yes that's true, but they are not shown on the main view map page along with the regular ticketmaster seats. You have to go the NHL Exchange page on ticketsnow.com to see them. During the regular season the re-sale seats that you post on NHL Exchange are also seen on the main map view page on the ticketmaster.
I'll take that back, I stand corrected. The re-sale feature has now been activated on the ticketmaster map view for pre-season games.
Sec218 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sec218 For This Useful Post: