Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2009, 05:18 PM   #121
r00t
Draft Pick

You can still book on Travelocity.

The worst part is the DID issue tickets. I have a paper copy of my itinerary proving it.
r00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:19 PM   #122
Log
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'm in discussions with the wife about this. I think part of the thing will be travelling with a 1 year old....

Edit - looks like I may be too late...
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:22 PM   #123
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
You can still book on Travelocity.

The worst part is the DID issue tickets. I have a paper copy of my itinerary proving it.
Yeah same here for my friend. Hmmm, might have to turn this into one of those 'go to the media' issues.
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:25 PM   #124
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfrogger View Post
We regret to inform you that, due to limited availability, the airline was not able to confirm the flights you requested. Therefore, no tickets have been issued for this trip and your credit card has not been charged.

Situations like this are rare; however, when they do occur we attempt to contact our customers immediately as to avoid missing out on advance purchase opportunities. To book a different flight, please visit www.orbitz.com

As you can imagine, with the extensive volume of agents booking flights at any given time, availability for a particular flight can be gone in an instant. Therefore, when your ticketing request reached the airline, availability for the flight(s) you selected was no longer available.
Hmmm... do you think that means the $49 fare was in error? Or just that they ran out of seats? If it's the latter (fingers crossed), I wonder if it's full only on certain dates (and conversely, are any other seats on other flights still available)...
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:28 PM   #125
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Hmmm... do you think that means the $49 fare was in error? Or just that they ran out of seats? If it's the latter (fingers crossed), I wonder if it's full only on certain dates (and conversely, are any other seats on other flights still available)...
What time did you guys book at?

I haven't gotten a 'rejection' letter for my flight, nor have most of my friends, just one friend so far.

I think companies like Orbitz/Travelocity submit the flights to the airlines for booking. But I'm still seeing the flights available for that price, so I don't know WTF is going on.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:29 PM   #126
jtfrogger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Well, I just booked it on Travelocity. I don't expect it to go through, but I booked it anyway. It was actually cheaper. It came out to $233.80 Canadian all in for two people.
jtfrogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #127
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well, I just booked it on Travelocity. I don't expect it to go through, but I booked it anyway. It was actually cheaper. It came out to $233.80 Canadian all in for two people.
I noticed that too... crazy!
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:02 PM   #128
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Rebooked my friend's flight with Travelocity, $96 USD, LOL.

Now watch, all of my Orbitz flights will get cancelled, and my friend will be the only one that gets to go.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:04 PM   #129
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Yeah, mine got cancelled as well. I'm not buying the whole "flight was full" bs either, seeing as I even went so far as to select my seats.

My buddy still has his tix though, so we'll see what happens. I booked again on travelocity, but I'm not holding my breath.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:08 PM   #130
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Tron & jtfrogger: Just curious as to what time you booked your flights? Tron, did you book yours before or after your buddy?
Old 05-28-2009, 06:10 PM   #131
FFR
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
Yeah, mine got cancelled as well. I'm not buying the whole "flight was full" bs either, seeing as I even went so far as to select my seats.

My buddy still has his tix though, so we'll see what happens. I booked again on travelocity, but I'm not holding my breath.
Did you get the confirmation email with the ticket numbers and everything before they sent you the cancellation email...Because I got my confirmation email at 3:15 today and I haven`t gotten one saying that my reservation was cancelled...

The cheaper flights at travelocity make me want to buy them, but I`m afraid to cancel my flight with Orbitz in case the travelocty once gets cancelled.
FFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:13 PM   #132
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
The cheaper flights at travelocity make me want to buy them, but I`m afraid to cancel my flight with Orbitz in case the travelocty once gets cancelled.
At this point, I think your best move is to keep the Orbitz flights and keep your fingers crossed. I haven't received a cancellation e-mail yet either, but I keep dreading it's arrival
Old 05-28-2009, 06:19 PM   #133
FFR
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I just checked my confirmation code at spanair.com and it brought up my flight details so I`m going to assume that it`s safe.
FFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:20 PM   #134
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyden View Post
At this point, I think your best move is to keep the Orbitz flights and keep your fingers crossed. I haven't received a cancellation e-mail yet either, but I keep dreading it's arrival
For those that have booked through Travelocity, did you receive confirmation right away? Still haven't received the cancellation notice, I too am dreading it...
red sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:20 PM   #135
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

nm
Old 05-28-2009, 06:23 PM   #136
jtfrogger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I got my Orbitz confirmation email at 1:11 pm. The email had my ticket number and my seat numbers. I booked the flight around 12:50 pm. I got my un-confirmation from Orbitz at 5:07pm. I booked through Travelocity around 5:25pm, and I am still waiting for a confirmation email.
jtfrogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:25 PM   #137
Deelow
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are these tickets transferable in name? Tempting, but I am not sure about work.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:27 PM   #138
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I just checked my confirmation code at spanair.com and it brought up my flight details so I`m going to assume that it`s safe.
Just wondering where on SpanAir you're finding a spot to enter your confirm code? I'm looking, but not seeing...
Old 05-28-2009, 06:27 PM   #139
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I got my Orbitz confirmation email at 1:11 pm. The email had my ticket number and my seat numbers. I booked the flight around 12:50 pm. I got my un-confirmation from Orbitz at 5:07pm. I booked through Travelocity around 5:25pm, and I am still waiting for a confirmation email.
what if they gave you a seat number and everything how could they all of a sudden not have seats.... thats seems quite shady!!!!! I would raise a stink about it and see what comes about .... at the very least maybe a travel voucher or something
Old 05-28-2009, 06:27 PM   #140
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Checked confirmation on spanair.com as well, confirmed:

Your booking is confirmed
Here we show you all the details about your booking.
Your booking number: XXXXXX