Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 12:34 PM   #841
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Yeah that reminds me of average high school teenager skill level. Only difference is this guy doesn't have a gopher hole in the field to blame it on.
Let's give the guy a break here! While it may not have been a gopher hole (turf field), the ball clearly hits something to spring it in the air. Unless it's his plant foot that has a sublte touch first, but it doesn't look like it.

I know the feeling. It's embarrassing, but not his fault. It's like that famous clip of the ball being played back to the keeper (can't remember who) and he completely whiffs on it as it hops over his foot and into his own net.
Old 06-03-2019, 01:20 PM   #842
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime GFG View Post
Let's give the guy a break here! While it may not have been a gopher hole (turf field), the ball clearly hits something to spring it in the air. Unless it's his plant foot that has a sublte touch first, but it doesn't look like it.

I know the feeling. It's embarrassing, but not his fault. It's like that famous clip of the ball being played back to the keeper (can't remember who) and he completely whiffs on it as it hops over his foot and into his own net.
You shut your mouth and laugh at this like the rest of us
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2019, 02:27 PM   #843
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime GFG View Post

Gary Neville to Paul Robinson.
The Following User Says Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2019, 02:44 PM   #844
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Always remember FCE=NG.

Old 06-04-2019, 08:05 AM   #845
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
You shut your mouth and laugh at this like the rest of us
Old 06-04-2019, 12:10 PM   #846
Hockey-and_stuff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Game Day!

With a long time off it will be interesting to see how Cavalry fare on the road against the toughest opponent in the league.

Lets get a 2-0 win and keep rolling.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2019, 12:13 PM   #847
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey-and_stuff View Post
Game Day!

With a long time off it will be interesting to see how Cavalry fare on the road against the toughest opponent in the league.

Lets get a 2-0 win and keep rolling.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I bet I'm jinxing the Cavs, but I want to see an MLS team come to Spruce Meadows so bad. I hope they make it through this round.
Old 06-04-2019, 12:25 PM   #848
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper is King View Post
I bet I'm jinxing the Cavs, but I want to see an MLS team come to Spruce Meadows so bad. I hope they make it through this round.
Me too, I want to see the Whitecaps play at Spruce Meadows so bad. If that happens, I hope the stadium sells out and that place is just ROCKIN' with Cavs fans.

First things' first though, dispatching of the iron boys tonight! God bless the Cavalry.
Old 06-04-2019, 12:44 PM   #849
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lots of people assuming Forge will go through while ignoring the fact that Cavalry hasn't lost a game in their history, have beat Forge already, and can roll out their best squad due to their 3 week break in league play.

Also, Mason Trafford will be starting tonight's game. So just add the best CB in the league to a defense which is the best in the league, most of which played in the PDL last year...

Old 06-04-2019, 01:27 PM   #850
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
Also, Mason Trafford will be starting tonight's game.
Great news! Any word on Escalante?

I'm surprised at how excited I get for these games already.
Old 06-04-2019, 02:05 PM   #851
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has it been announced how teams will be seeded for next year's Voyageurs Cup? This year was pretty bush league by awarding spots based on when clubs were officially unveiled (oh look - Forge gets a bye!).

I'm cool with the MLS clubs and champion getting added in later, but hopefully the CanPL league standings from 2019 are used for seeding in the 2020 tournament.

And semi-related - what's the latest on Ottawa? Are they likely to be in CanPL next year? And if not, I hope that they don't get the similar bye that MLS clubs receive. They should have to slug it out with the CanPL teams.
Old 06-04-2019, 02:37 PM   #852
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
Has it been announced how teams will be seeded for next year's Voyageurs Cup? This year was pretty bush league by awarding spots based on when clubs were officially unveiled (oh look - Forge gets a bye!).

I'm cool with the MLS clubs and champion getting added in later, but hopefully the CanPL league standings from 2019 are used for seeding in the 2020 tournament.

And semi-related - what's the latest on Ottawa? Are they likely to be in CanPL next year? And if not, I hope that they don't get the similar bye that MLS clubs receive. They should have to slug it out with the CanPL teams.
Given that the number of CPL teams will likely be more than just 7, I think the format is up in the air. Laval has been rumoured to be officially announced "soon" for some time. I'm sure no matter the format, the CSA will find a way to favour Forge somehow though...

As for Ottawa Fury, I think their relationship with the CPL is beyond repair. The CPL wants Ottawa, but as long as OSEG owns the Fury, I would not expect them in CPL. Whether they get sanctioning from the CSA, USSF, CONCACAF and FIFA to remain in USL is still to be determined. I spoke with a few Cavalry players prior to the season and their response whenever the Fury was brought up was "#### the Fury"

The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2019, 02:40 PM   #853
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post

I think it's going to depend on how many expansion teams there are in CPL (if any). Laval and Quebec City rumours persist, but nothing firm yet. I suspect we'll see changes to the format every year until the number of teams stabilizes.

And one would certainly hope the seeding is either based on the results from this year's cup or the CPL standings from this season.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arsenal14 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2019, 02:54 PM   #854
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
Great news! Any word on Escalante?

I'm surprised at how excited I get for these games already.
I thought I read somewhere that said Escalante is healthy and ready to go. I can’t recall where, maybe on one of Tommy’s radio interviews? I hope I’m not making that up
The Following User Says Thank You to M*A*S*H 4077 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2019, 05:48 PM   #855
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Cavs not looking good to start . . . Pretty disorganized.
Old 06-04-2019, 05:56 PM   #856
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Jumpin' Jesus, Pasquotti had a deadly throw-in. Basically as good as a corner!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2019, 06:03 PM   #857
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

This is a high-octane game. Both teams are really going for it.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:04 PM   #858
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Mason Trafford with a massive defensive play.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:21 PM   #859
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

edit
Old 06-04-2019, 06:42 PM   #860
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Ugh.

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge