Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2024, 10:07 PM   #41
Burning Beard
First Line Centre

Exp:

The D are still trying to figure it out but it looks like it's getting better.
Burning Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 10:07 PM   #42
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Holy these are the defending champs? If they make it in they’re going down in four.
They have a different roster for the playoffs...if they make it haha
Old 03-14-2024, 10:08 PM   #43
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

I'm glad Hanifin got booed, we like to hear about how hockey is a business from these guys all the time, but to fans who are passionate about the Flames you did not want to continue to play here.

This was your choice to wear another jersey.

You are now the enemy.

Eat ####.

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
CsInMyBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CsInMyBlood For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2024, 10:10 PM   #44
Vinsta13
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Miromanov averaging 19:45 since joining the team. Flames are really trying to see what they have in the player.

Feel he has been a “hover” who pinches as the 4th forward really well and is usually very positionally sound on the backend. Excited to see him continue to develop over the remaining games. Want to see his shot more on the power play, few fumbles on the point.
Baby Got Backlund
Vinsta13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 10:12 PM   #45
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

As highly rated as the old d core was the team was still under .500 when they traded Zadorov. We are probably lucky they didn't lock all these guys up. Hanifin trade has huge potential...by all means beat the Oilers but Vegas is hitting a wall and hitting it hard sooner or later.
Old 03-14-2024, 10:17 PM   #46
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sure would be nice if Pachal, Okhotiuk and Miromanov are actually something to build with going forward.

Nice to Kylington and Miro logging big minutes in a pretty dominant win
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2024, 10:18 PM   #47
Ferarri
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Huberdeau has been very good since the beginning of the calendar year. Obviously not living up to the dollar value of his contract but elevating his game and contributing in different ways has been nice to see.

Happy for Wolf and nice to Coronato rewarded for his hard work. Solid game for the Flames, but wow did Vegas look bad.
Ferarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 10:18 PM   #48
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsta13 View Post
Miromanov averaging 19:45 since joining the team. Flames are really trying to see what they have in the player.

Feel he has been a “hover” who pinches as the 4th forward really well and is usually very positionally sound on the backend. Excited to see him continue to develop over the remaining games. Want to see his shot more on the power play, few fumbles on the point.
I like his ability to push the play offensively, but he needs a lot of tutelage defensively. Very, very passive in his own zone.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 10:24 PM   #49
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Ohtohiuk was fairly impressive. He skates very well.

Miro looks really good for a guy who's still only a few games back from complete knee destruction.

I'm happy.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wastedyouth For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2024, 10:25 PM   #50
getoverit
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Played great as a team. Lots to like with that effort. Agree Huberdeau played great as did Wolf. Hunt just might find a spot. Nice to see Coronado get on the scoreboard. But man Mangi was hard to watch

Last edited by getoverit; 03-14-2024 at 10:28 PM.
getoverit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 10:26 PM   #51
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I only saw the 1st half of the game but Vegas doesn't look like a team that's going to win a round this year. Maybe I'm taking something away from the Flames, though, and should give them some credit.
D as in David is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 10:27 PM   #52
Savvy27
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Sure would be nice if Pachal, Okhotiuk and Miromanov are actually something to build with going forward.

He makes a lot of mistakes out there.

Fun game though! The first period felt like a slog and you couldn't even tell if Wolf was going to be able to rebound because the Flames didn't give up much. Obviously, after that save in the third leading to the Flames scoring the GWG it was clear he was dialed in. He looked really solid tonight, I was so happy for him.

As the game went on though, the Flames moved the puck really well and they continued to win the battle in their slot and block shots. Really good to see.

I'm a Miromanov fan. He looks like a pretty good find by Conroy & Co. The vibes were weird in the crowd but I felt like when Coronato scored, everyone kind of got back on board and really started cheering them on.
Savvy27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 10:29 PM   #53
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferarri View Post
Huberdeau has been very good since the beginning of the calendar year. Obviously not living up to the dollar value of his contract but elevating his game and contributing in different ways has been nice to see.

Happy for Wolf and nice to Coronato rewarded for his hard work. Solid game for the Flames, but wow did Vegas look bad.
Huberdeau’s around PPG in 2024 and I daresay he’s unlucky to have that few. Could have had a few assists tonight and he made that nice power move to the goal as well.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2024, 10:29 PM   #54
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gotta remember Vegas will be adding Hertl & Martinez for the playoffs, and probably Stone too

Can't go for a repeat without the $100 million payroll
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 10:29 PM   #55
Flames Fan, Ph.D.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Really interesting season so far.

- This team looks easily top third of league when they're engaged, and I'd argue they're more often engaged than not. No doubt they got spanked by the Panthers-Hurricanes-Avalanche trio but if those weren't back-to-back then I'd argue they would have pulled one of them out.

- I'm down with Huska. Now he's rotating 3 dmen who are not starters in the NHL and slowly establishing structure and results.

- What if Pospisil got better?! He has the size, the compete, and the speed to be a really good player. He's constantly making plays out there, and you can see his speed versus his size surprises players because he gets to a lot of pucks when he pressures the D. It's tempting to dream the dream about what he could turn into when he has more than 30-40 games under his belt.

- Fingers crossed for Wolf. When he's on, he looks calm. That's a big contrast to Vladar who, when he's on, is making ten bell desperation saves. The calm profile has better long term prospects.

- Go Flames Go.

Edit:

- And wow, when Huberdeau's passing is on it's amazing. He made 2 passes this game that had me rewinding 5-6 times to see how he did it.
Flames Fan, Ph.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flames Fan, Ph.D. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2024, 10:31 PM   #56
PuckSlap
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Wold let in one goal, and it was not his fault. He played with confidence.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk
PuckSlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 10:34 PM   #57
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fan, Ph.D. View Post
Really interesting season so far.

- This team looks easily top third of league when they're engaged, and I'd argue they're more often engaged than not. No doubt they got spanked by the Panthers-Hurricanes-Avalanche trio but if those weren't back-to-back then I'd argue they would have pulled one of them out.

- I'm down with Huska. Now he's rotating 3 dmen who are not starters in the NHL and slowly establishing structure and results.

- What if Pospisil got better?! He has the size, the compete, and the speed to be a really good player. He's constantly making plays out there, and you can see his speed versus his size surprises players because he gets to a lot of pucks when he pressures the D. It's tempting to dream the dream about what he could turn into when he has more than 30-40 games under his belt.

- Fingers crossed for Wolf. When he's on, he looks calm. That's a big contrast to Vladar who, when he's on, is making ten bell desperation saves. The calm profile has better long term prospects.

- Go Flames Go.

Edit:

- And wow, when Huberdeau's passing is on it's amazing. He made 2 passes this game that had me rewinding 5-6 times to see how he did it.
I know I'm repeating myself, but your special teams have to be at least middle-of-the-pack or higher if you want to make the playoffs.

The 31st ranked Powerplay just ain't gonna cut it.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2024, 10:35 PM   #58
Vinsta13
Backup Goalie

Exp:

How cool would it be if Anderson and Kylington become a permanent pair. Two Swedes from the 2015 draft class few picks apart.

You are seeing a lot more holes in Pachal’s game now with Kylington moved away from him. Still Pachal seems to be a solid 5/6 dman going forward and only 24.

Looks like Pelletier and the rest of the forth line found themselves in the coaches doghouse after the terrible giveaway by Pachal on Vegas’s only goal.
Baby Got Backlund
Vinsta13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 10:36 PM   #59
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Happy to see a big bounce back from Wolf after his last game. He's had doubters, but not a lot of adversity so I'm encouraged to see him respond the way he did.

Glad to see that these guys do have some pride and fought back after a tough stretch.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2024, 10:37 PM   #60
Rejean31
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nieuwy-89 View Post
I like that we get some good postgame coverage on Sportsnet after home games, but why don’t we ever get the three stars? I miss that.
The three star selection are only to be shown on Oilers games and all 3 stars must be Oiler regardless of who won and what the score was. It is in the Roger's Sportsnet contract.