Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2024, 06:55 PM   #41
wireframe
Scoring Winger

Exp:

My wife and daughter can't eat gluten. It's usually fine but I make two different types of pasta once a week because gluten free pasta is gross. Its easy to make one pot of whatever sauce and divide it.
wireframe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wireframe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2024, 12:06 PM   #42
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

I despise onions and she loves them. Other than that we're very much a protein/starch/veg family so everyone gets along.

We've both tried some diets along the way, keto, high protein low cal, low fat etc. and as the main cook I enjoy the challenge.

Our challenge right now is $$$. We're not hard up but holy food is expensive. As a family of 5 we're trying to cut our grocery bill down which is another fun challenge to make some good meals and get some mileage out of them.
indes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 12:27 PM   #43
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ex-wife was a celiac. Definitely was more of a challenge when restaurants didn't have separate fryers or good control over their cross-contamination, and it would ruin her for a weekend if she got glutened.

It didn't impact me until I started wanting to branch out and try new recipes and things I had seen online -- I couldn't be throwing flour around the kitchen to make a pizza dough recipe. But it wasn't really a big deal, and I was always really good about not glutening anything like peanut butter, butter, or jams.

All other things being equal, it's always easier living with a partner who can eat the same stuff as you or has the same restrictions as you.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post: