Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2015, 04:29 PM   #1301
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
With blade dancer there is a skill that reduces the cool down of blink strike to virtually nothing - hence strength as a stat is not necessary.
Sacrificing invisibility with blink strike for a faster melee strike doesn't make sense to me. However that's what great about destiny, lots of different ways to play. Personally I go max strength so I can use the invisibility which is the prime benefit of being a blade dancer.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:46 PM   #1302
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
Sacrificing invisibility with blink strike for a faster melee strike doesn't make sense to me. However that's what great about destiny, lots of different ways to play. Personally I go max strength so I can use the invisibility which is the prime benefit of being a blade dancer.
I don't disagree that invisibility is a nice skill to have - I've just found that it is situational in PVP, whereas having blink strike up constantly is a great tool to have in the arsenal.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 07:12 PM   #1303
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
I don't disagree that invisibility is a nice skill to have - I've just found that it is situational in PVP, whereas having blink strike up constantly is a great tool to have in the arsenal.
I kind of like the critical hit when hitting from behind for 1 hit kills. The cool down for Fast Twitch is 5 seconds I believe.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 07:14 PM   #1304
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yea the back smack one is nice too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:23 AM   #1305
johnnyrocket03
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Big thanks to Iceman57 and friends for helping me through normal Crota and parts of HM Crota over the weekend. I was able to get to lvl 32 and grabbed a couple of good weapons because of them. Ice is absolutely correct when he says he is the shepherd. Cant wait to do it all again this week!
johnnyrocket03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to johnnyrocket03 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2015, 12:20 PM   #1306
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

After a weekend of play I'm almost up to level 26. I tried the level 26 Raid but found out that unlike strikes you have no guide or purpose. I was just wandering around killing enemies here and there a couple of players would show up but is this something you need headsets and voice communication or something?
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 12:57 PM   #1307
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
After a weekend of play I'm almost up to level 26. I tried the level 26 Raid but found out that unlike strikes you have no guide or purpose. I was just wandering around killing enemies here and there a couple of players would show up but is this something you need headsets and voice communication or something?

It's best to have a pre-set group and communication is key.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:02 PM   #1308
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
It's best to have a pre-set group and communication is key.
Is that to know where to go in the map? Enemies seem to just re-spawn in locations so is the object to keep destroy everything or is there a certain area of the map you should all be attacking?
Old 03-09-2015, 01:13 PM   #1309
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Is that to know where to go in the map? Enemies seem to just re-spawn in locations so is the object to keep destroy everything or is there a certain area of the map you should all be attacking?
I am assuming you did VoG and enemies just kept spawning? You on Xbone or PS?

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 03-09-2015, 02:06 PM   #1310
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
The raid is most definitely not something you can just jump in and figure out yourself. You're gonna want to run it with 6 people. Not sure if it's still possible these days, but you want to go through this completely blind, you're going to have to somehow find 5 other folks who have never done or read up about the Vault of Glass. In that case, you're probably looking at 8-10 hours to figure it all out. If you want to be sherpa'd through by one or two experienced guys, it'll be closer to 1-2 hours. If you're looking for someone to power you through the normal mode, give it like 40 mins heh.

In either case, go do it. It's the best bit of game content anywhere out there right now.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:55 PM   #1311
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Hmm, I still haven't finished VoG. Given that I'm almost 31, maybe I should do that sooner rather than later.
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:57 PM   #1312
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canehdianman View Post
Hmm, I still haven't finished VoG. Given that I'm almost 31, maybe I should do that sooner rather than later.
Really only want to do it for two check points (Chest and Atheon). Most weapons are out-dated, though stuff like Visions of Confluence are still useful.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 03-09-2015, 02:57 PM   #1313
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The only good gun I have is my icebreaker, so I'd likely find almost anything an upgrade.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:11 PM   #1314
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canehdianman View Post
The only good gun I have is my icebreaker, so I'd likely find almost anything an upgrade.
You'd be better off buying them from vendors than relying on drops from VoG. I just really like VoC, most other gun drops have been garbage.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 03-09-2015, 03:13 PM   #1315
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
The raid is most definitely not something you can just jump in and figure out yourself. You're gonna want to run it with 6 people. Not sure if it's still possible these days, but you want to go through this completely blind, you're going to have to somehow find 5 other folks who have never done or read up about the Vault of Glass. In that case, you're probably looking at 8-10 hours to figure it all out. If you want to be sherpa'd through by one or two experienced guys, it'll be closer to 1-2 hours. If you're looking for someone to power you through the normal mode, give it like 40 mins heh.

In either case, go do it. It's the best bit of game content anywhere out there right now.
When you say figure out do you mean like a puzzle or is it a matter of being the right place at the right time on the map? Since the game is a pure shooter with no other elements I'm trying to wrap my head around what I'm supposed to figure out or what the concept is. I guess I will read up on the internet and see if there is some sort of guide or tutorial.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:16 PM   #1316
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
When you say figure out do you mean like a puzzle or is it a matter of being the right place at the right time on the map? Since the game is a pure shooter with no other elements I'm trying to wrap my head around what I'm supposed to figure out or what the concept is. I guess I will read up on the internet and see if there is some sort of guide or tutorial.
There certain mechanics and objectives throughout the Vault of Glass that aren't immediately obvious and go a little beyond "shoot this, kill that"

On a trip down memory lane, I remember doing VoG and Crota's End blind. The most fun I've had in this game.
That and running double shotguns against strike bosses. Only one that's questionable is Sepiks Prime. Haven't done Sekiron.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:17 PM   #1317
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:

If you're PS4, ask they guys on here. They'd likely take you through and school you on it. No need to read up, and you're in a friendly group.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 03-09-2015, 03:41 PM   #1318
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
You'd be better off buying them from vendors than relying on drops from VoG. I just really like VoC, most other gun drops have been garbage.
Yeah, I bought my Badger CCL scout rifle from the Vanguard vendor.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:43 PM   #1319
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Really only want to do it for two check points (Chest and Atheon). Most weapons are out-dated, though stuff like Visions of Confluence are still useful.
Most of the elemental primaries are still pretty useful. For PvE there is no better hand cannon than Fatebringer still. The max 300 is poorly represented in that gun, with the Outlaw, Explosive Rounds and Firefly perks. Atheon's Epilogue is still a great primary void alternative if you don't have the Word of Crota. And of course your VoC.

Quote:
This is where Destiny stands above other FPS because there are way more than just shooting aspects in the raids. Jumping puzzles, timing puzzles, portal puzzles, stealth, etc.

Edit: I have my own raid crew, but if any of you ever need a spare, give me a shout if you see me online and see if I'm available. I'm generally on Mon-Thurs evenings, and occasionally on weekends at random times. GoTron88. Most of my time in the last week has been spent playing Helldivers though lol.

Last edited by Teh_Bandwagoner; 03-09-2015 at 03:47 PM.
Teh_Bandwagoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:15 PM   #1320
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nothing particularly special but first time completing HM CE as swordbearer. Usually don't bother despite knowing how since I run with another who is the main swordbearer.
All or nothing last run, notice I'm behind by a hit, somehow 3 of my fireteam members die and the screen is blacking out. Exhilarating stuff.