Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-26-2020, 07:53 PM   #41
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Australian Shepards are amazing dogs. My cousin has one and is a groomer so she's extra special.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2020, 07:57 PM   #42
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Royal View Post
SHe is beautiful.

If more people want to post pictures of their dogs, I will happily live vicariously through you all until I find my suitable dog.
How do you post a picture !
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 08:46 PM   #43
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Australian Shepards are amazing dogs. My cousin has one and is a groomer so she's extra special.

That is a beautiful dog!
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 08:56 PM   #44
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

My sister-in-law has an Australian Shepherd. Super cute and intelligent.

It could just be her's, but it is really protective of the home. It doesn't matter if I've been there 1000 times, when I arrive, it will still go crazy barking and doesn't want to let me by until someone comes out and says it is OK. It's pretty aloof in general actually and tends to like being alone.

It can be -30°C outside, and it will scratch at the door to get out, then bundle up in a ball and go to sleep.
Old 09-26-2020, 09:00 PM   #45
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
My sister-in-law has an Australian Shepherd. Super cute and intelligent.

It could just be her's, but it is really protective of the home. It doesn't matter if I've been there 1000 times, when I arrive, it will still go crazy barking and doesn't want to let me by until someone comes out and says it is OK. It's pretty aloof in general actually and tends to like being alone.

It can be -30°C outside, and it will scratch at the door to get out, then bundle up in a ball and go to sleep.
Ours also likes to go lay in the snow on the deck at 10pm and go to sleep ! Literally will sleep in a snowstorm and get covered up !

Weird little devil dogs
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 09:14 PM   #46
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

We have had four Australian shepherd mixes.

People say they have way too much energy and don't do well in cities. I think this is exaggerated. If you get one, make sure both parents aren't merles.

They generally do better in homes than border collies do. But they're also a lot less intelligent than border collies. They shed a bit less than you'd think they would, based on the amount of fur they have. They're also one of the few breeds that come in toy, miniature, moyen, and standard sizes. Aussiedoodles can come in any size.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 09:49 PM   #47
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
Ours also likes to go lay in the snow on the deck at 10pm and go to sleep ! Literally will sleep in a snowstorm and get covered up !

Weird little devil dogs
Same thing with hers.

Their lab will go lay in front of the fireplace, but the Australian Shepperd goes outside and gets buried in snow and stays there all night.

The also have 4 young boys and that dog follows them everywhere. It really watches out for them.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:48 AM   #48
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

So, I did some more reading last night and apparently the Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) approves various breeders across the country and are quite strict in adherence to their guidelines.

Their website contains lists of breeders, approved breeds, links to pet insurance, and so much other useful information like nutrition, responsible ownership, health, grooming... etc. For each breed it tells you their origin, temperament, activity level, height/weight, about their coat, about coloring and about grooming.

I feel incredibly stupid they I had seen CKC mentioned a million times and never understood what exactly it was and what they have to offer I just made the stupid assumption that it was all about dog shows and nothing else.

https://www.ckc.ca/en
Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Crown Royal For This Useful Post: