Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2023, 09:22 AM   #1181
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like Friday night games.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2023, 09:42 AM   #1182
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M*A*S*H 4077 View Post
Not gonna lie I like ‘em more than another scarf. I can put them up on my desk at work
Maybe it's just me, but I got three of them and they're just useless.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 09:43 AM   #1183
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
I like Friday night games.
They're a rare treat! Sunset on Friday is at 19:19, and civil twilight until 19:51. Assuming they don't kick off until about 19:10 or so (as is the North American way - I appreciate European punctuality with kickoff times). Add in some mixed cloud and it could be a really nice look form the stands during the first half.

I don't even mind that it is predicted to be about 9° at kickoff. My English genes find it fresh, proper football weather.

Is it strange that I overthink things like this? I honestly can't help it.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2023, 10:21 AM   #1184
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
They're a rare treat! Sunset on Friday is at 19:19, and civil twilight until 19:51. Assuming they don't kick off until about 19:10 or so (as is the North American way - I appreciate European punctuality with kickoff times). Add in some mixed cloud and it could be a really nice look form the stands during the first half.

I don't even mind that it is predicted to be about 9° at kickoff. My English genes find it fresh, proper football weather.

Is it strange that I overthink things like this? I honestly can't help it.
On that point, you're so right. I would prefer if we did away with some of the things ahead of the kickoff (national anthem in particular) and got all this out of the way to make sure it was a 7pm kickoff.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2023, 10:27 AM   #1185
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

TBH, I actually like cooler weather games. In my playing days, 7-10 degrees was the perfect temperature. As a fan now, if it hovers around 9 degrees, and the wind is negligible, I'm totally fine with this. Would much prefer this than 27+ degrees and sweating balls.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2023, 03:57 PM   #1186
ditty
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Probably the lamest possible gift you could ever expect. A commemorative ticket.
The fact that I'm getting two playoff tickets as part of my season ticket package has made me not really care about the gift. Having a semifinal and potentially a cup final included in my season ticket cost is fine by me.
ditty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 04:00 PM   #1187
ditty
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Maybe some hopeless Central American team won't be able to find Spruce Meadows in February.
If the first round starts in February or March, I'm guessing the home game will be at McMahon, right? I'm wondering if the worst case scenario is that we play our home leg at a neutral sight, maybe down south as part of pre-season.
ditty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 05:33 PM   #1188
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditty View Post
If the first round starts in February or March, I'm guessing the home game will be at McMahon, right? I'm wondering if the worst case scenario is that we play our home leg at a neutral sight, maybe down south as part of pre-season.
I hope that McMahon is not in contention for anything. I’d rather see 2,000 hardcores packed at Hellard Field with the football lines painted over.

Hopefully the tournament doesn’t start that early, but I can’t see it starting after the typical “tarps off” date for Spruce Meadows, so it is a valid concern.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2023, 05:44 PM   #1189
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The fact that I'm getting two playoff tickets as part of my season ticket package has made me not really care about the gift. Having a semifinal and potentially a cup final included in my season ticket cost is fine by me.
I think that the first playoff game is because the cup run was so short, we never got a home game in it. So the first playoff game is the 15th game in the package.

If the playoff final becomes reality, that’ll be an extra cost. Which we will happily pay.
Old 09-27-2023, 05:46 PM   #1190
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
I think that the first playoff game is because the cup run was so short, we never got a home game in it. So the first playoff game is the 15th game in the package.

If the playoff final becomes reality, that’ll be an extra cost. Which we will happily pay.
I thought the letter said that we got the two playoff games included or a credit?
Old 09-27-2023, 05:53 PM   #1191
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I thought the letter said that we got the two playoff games included or a credit?
Ohhh maybe. Howie_16 is my season ticket mule/partner, and maybe he passed along the correspondence. But generally I just pay him what he asks and split the driving duties.

He is also the proud owner of TWO Jose Escalante commemorative tickets in his name. Which doesn’t bother me at all, but maybe next year we should just buy individually!
Old 09-27-2023, 06:23 PM   #1192
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Quote:
You guys are right and I’m happy to be wrong. 16 games are included. I’d rather have a playoff final than a credit! Make it so, Cavs!
Old 09-28-2023, 08:52 AM   #1193
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Going to be weird gong to Spruce Meadows tomorrow night to watch a game that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. I imagine there will be some heavy rotation with the payoffs coming up, while putting out a best starting 11 against Pacific next week in preparation for the playoffs.

155 minutes needed to hit the U21 threshold. Hoping they start Henry, Smith-Doyle and maybe even Harms tomorrow night. Wouldn't mind seeing Kerr get a start as well to keep Carducci fresh.

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2023, 09:09 AM   #1194
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Agree. Rotate the squad, get the U21 minutes finished up, etc.

With the league deciding that the regular season matters a bit more than it used to, it will be interesting to see if Valour might take on the EPL tradition of a "guard of honour" and applaud Cavalry onto the field.

Probably not, but I like those little moments of respect and tradition that sometimes happen in sports.
Old 09-28-2023, 09:23 AM   #1195
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

There better be a guard of honour. I’ll be pretty disappointed if there isn’t
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 09:25 AM   #1196
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

When do playoff tickets go on sale? Do season ticket holders get a presale? I wouldn't mind inviting a couple of friends to join.
Old 09-28-2023, 10:55 AM   #1197
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
When do playoff tickets go on sale? Do season ticket holders get a presale? I wouldn't mind inviting a couple of friends to join.
Drats, I see they are already on sale and the two seats near mine I was eye up have sold.
Old 09-28-2023, 11:25 AM   #1198
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Drats, I see they are already on sale and the two seats near mine I was eye up have sold.
As a season ticket holder, this year it seems the playoff tickets are part of the deal. I can login to my Cavalry account right now and access my ticket/seat for the October 14th playoff date. The time hasn't been finalized, but it seems like everything else is in order.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 08:17 PM   #1199
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Guess who's vlogs are back...

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 12:40 PM   #1200
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

tonights game is going to be fun.