Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Best guess for Tkachuk's contract result
8 @ 7M 10 1.61%
8 @ 8M 41 6.59%
8 @ 9M 21 3.38%
8 @ 10M 8 1.29%
7 @ 7M 21 3.38%
7 @ 8M 61 9.81%
7 @ 9M 19 3.05%
7 @ 10M 3 0.48%
6 @ 6M 4 0.64%
6 @ 7M 48 7.72%
6 @ 8M 126 20.26%
6 @ 9M 27 4.34%
5 @ 6M 3 0.48%
5 @ 7M 56 9.00%
5 @ 8M 66 10.61%
5 @ 9M 10 1.61%
4 @ 5M 1 0.16%
4 @ 6M 4 0.64%
4 @ 7M 19 3.05%
3 @ 4M 2 0.32%
3 @ 5M 4 0.64%
3 @ 6M 46 7.40%
2 @ 4M 3 0.48%
2 @ 5M 15 2.41%
1 @ 4M 1 0.16%
1 @ 5M 3 0.48%
Voters: 622. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 10:11 AM   #1301
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

For some reason I keep forgetting that Raantanen is un-signed. Is it just me or is that one getting less attention than the others?
Old 09-15-2019, 10:13 AM   #1302
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
For some reason I keep forgetting that Raantanen is un-signed. Is it just me or is that one getting less attention than the others?
No it is getting attention, just Colorados done so much else with their roster its kind of lost in the fuzz.

Theyre pretty far apart too.
The Following User Says Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2019, 10:50 AM   #1303
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
Offer sheet advocates:

Here are the teams with cap space above or even near Tkachuk’s rumoured ask

Colorado 15.6 (Raantanen unsigned)
Winnipeg 15.45 (Laine, Connor)
Ottawa 10.89
Columbus 10.76
Tampa 8.5 (Point)
Anaheim 8.5 (and Kesler and Eaves will add 10 M)

Anyone else I can think of needs to make major moves to create space

So who does Tkachuk get the offer sheet from?

Looking for the team from this list that
- has cap space
- doesn’t need that space for their own RFAs
- is open to spend that cap space
- has compensatory picks
- has a GM willing to offer sheet Treliving
- Tkachuk wants to play for
- I would assume is a contender (can’t imagine Tkachuk is looking for just money)

I’m interested. Do tell
Tkachuk does not have to want to play for them as the Flames match.... unless it is for 11M+ and 4 1sts

There are not even any rumors about teams wanting to trade for Tkachuk and then give him his ask. That is usually what happens before an offer sheet.

Flames would want a lot of compensation and Tkachuk's $$ ask might be too much for anyone else.
Old 09-15-2019, 10:59 AM   #1304
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodw View Post
Tkachuk does not have to want to play for them as the Flames match.... unless it is for 11M+ and 4 1sts

There are not even any rumors about teams wanting to trade for Tkachuk and then give him his ask. That is usually what happens before an offer sheet.

Flames would want a lot of compensation and Tkachuk's $$ ask might be too much for anyone else.
Tkachuk would have to want to play for the team, as the potential consequence is that the Flames don’t match and he and the offer sheeting team are bound by the offer sheet.

Flames don’t dictate compensation for offer sheets. That’s not how they work
Old 09-15-2019, 11:04 AM   #1305
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rando View Post
Treliving has knocked RFA contracts out of the park. Hanifin, Lindholm, Monahan, Gaudreau, and yes Dougie Hamilton too. Deals that looked good when signed and only look better the more years into them.

Treliving signed Hamilton to a fantastic deal for the team. You're wrong.

How childish are you?

Hamilton is in year 5 of his 6 year deal and is the highest paid Carolina D-man

There is no one that could make a coherent argument that he is in the top 3 Carolina defensemen. (Pesce Faulk Slavin)

Remember 2 years ago when Gio was starting his inevitable slide due to ageing?

Turns out getting rid of Hamilton was a tonic.
Old 09-15-2019, 11:16 AM   #1306
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
Tkachuk would have to want to play for the team, as the potential consequence is that the Flames don’t match and he and the offer sheeting team are bound by the offer sheet.

Flames don’t dictate compensation for offer sheets. That’s not how they work
If the other team was ready to make an offer sheet they would first check with the Flames what sort of compensation they would want before making the offer sheet.

Rangers did not offer sheet Trouba. They traded for him an then signed him.

at 8M the compensation would have been a 1st 2nd and third. They gave more : Jets a first and an Andersson equivalent 100 game 40 pt NHL 24 year old d-man.

If the Rangers did an offer sheet the Jets might have matched and Trouba would not get to play where he wanted.
Old 09-15-2019, 11:48 AM   #1307
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ffs...stop responding to the guy. Most of us don’t want to read his trolling and you guys just encourage him. This is not fun to follow and what brings cp down, imho.
Old 09-15-2019, 12:03 PM   #1308
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevo View Post
Ffs...stop responding to the guy. Most of us don’t want to read his trolling and you guys just encourage him. This is not fun to follow and what brings cp down, imho.

There are many CP posters that like to feed seagulls lol
Old 09-15-2019, 12:20 PM   #1309
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:
Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodw View Post
If the other team was ready to make an offer sheet they would first check with the Flames what sort of compensation they would want before making the offer sheet.

Rangers did not offer sheet Trouba. They traded for him an then signed him.

at 8M the compensation would have been a 1st 2nd and third. They gave more : Jets a first and an Andersson equivalent 100 game 40 pt NHL 24 year old d-man.

If the Rangers did an offer sheet the Jets might have matched and Trouba would not get to play where he wanted.
Oh man hilarious take. Your a Jets fan but calling Pionk and Andersson equivalent is comical.

Pionk is in no way worth and 2nd and 3rd and the Rangers 1st next year has a lot more potential than the 1st round pick they previously owned but traded for an asset that is no longer with them.

The Jets basically traded Trouba and Lemieux for Pionk and 26 games for Kevin Hayes.

Pretty bad asset management for your team
Old 09-15-2019, 12:30 PM   #1310
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
No it is getting attention, just Colorados done so much else with their roster its kind of lost in the fuzz.

Theyre pretty far apart too.
The Raantanen contract impasse is interesting. Colorado has cap room to spare in order to sign him, but the parties appear to be far apart. Colorado can afford to wait out Raantanen because of the amount of cap space they have, but by the same token, there is also less pressure on Raantanen to sign sooner, because the team can absorb his pro-rated cap hit.

I think this situation demonstrates that the holdup is not purely a product of the limited cap space that several teams—including Calgary—are dealing with. It seems to me that teams are by and large determined to get the deal they want. More and more I think that RFAs outside of TO are going to be leaving a lot of money off of their original asks on the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project

Last edited by Textcritic; 09-15-2019 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:00 PM   #1311
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you just throw deals together, simply because you had the cap room to do so, you will quickly find that you no longer have cap room.

You have to manage ALL contracts as efficiently as possible, it isn't about how much room you have left at the moment. It is an ongoing management issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2019, 01:12 PM   #1312
MisterJoji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
You know, it'd be nice if people didn't quote RDW for those of us (a lot I assume) who have The grit factor on ignore.

Don’t tell other people how to act just because you have a problem with him.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:14 PM   #1313
MisterJoji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevo View Post

Other people can quote and reply if they want. Don’t tell others how there allowed to use CP just because you are annoyed.
Old 09-15-2019, 02:50 PM   #1314
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJoji View Post
Other people can quote and reply if they want. Don’t tell others how there allowed to use CP just because you are annoyed.
Pot kettle blah blah blah and *they're
The Following User Says Thank You to Zevo For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2019, 02:58 PM   #1315
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJoji View Post
Don’t tell other people how to act just because you have a problem with him.
Okay dad. Jeezuz. Then why have an ignore function at all then.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:19 PM   #1316
tkflames
First Line Centre

Exp:

Well...at least with Mangiapane out of the way, Tre can finally turn his attention to Tkachuk.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:31 PM   #1317
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

What’s the cap room the Flames have available now, with Valimaki on LTIR, & Mangiapane signed?
Per Capfriendly, I see $6.3m in space, and $894k for Valikamaki. Is the function simply adding them, for day 1 space? (With that roster of course).
Old 09-15-2019, 04:33 PM   #1318
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

I find it pretty funny how many people get twisted up about Ricardo here. I see why it is easy to disagree with him as he often has a warped take that he never explains, yet I don't think is trolling per se as much as simply doing what he does. He's actually quite consistent in his approach and if you bother to read his posts he makes same salient points from time to time.

Personally, I find the calls to not quote him or ban him to be disturbing. Do we want this place to be an echo chamber where any voice that doesn't align with the zeitgeist is eliminated? I don't.
By all means ignore him if it improves your experience here, but beyond that let him continue to contribute. While I rarely agree with his points I find they often make me think.
Just my. 02. Carry on.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:35 PM   #1319
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
What’s the cap room the Flames have available now, with Valimaki on LTIR, & Mangiapane signed?
Per Capfriendly, I see $6.3m in space, and $894k for Valikamaki. Is the function simply adding them, for day 1 space? (With that roster of course).
including Chucky, there are 14 forwards on Capfriendly; I'd be concerned if I were Czarnik as he would create the most space among the bubble guys
The Following User Says Thank You to Canada 02 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2019, 04:39 PM   #1320
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blender View Post
I find it pretty funny how many people get twisted up about Ricardo here. I see why it is easy to disagree with him as he often has a warped take that he never explains, yet I don't think is trolling per se as much as simply doing what he does. He's actually quite consistent in his approach and if you bother to read his posts he makes same salient points from time to time.

Personally, I find the calls to not quote him or ban him to be disturbing. Do we want this place to be an echo chamber where any voice that doesn't align with the zeitgeist is eliminated? I don't.
By all means ignore him if it improves your experience here, but beyond that let him continue to contribute. While I rarely agree with his points I find they often make me think.
Just my. 02. Carry on.
I would agree with you if I thought he was being genuine, but I don't. He's a jets fan. If he was a Flames fan would he not post some positive things once in a while? Guy never posts when things are rolling.

Go ahead reply to him...it's pointless though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zevo For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread