Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2022, 08:44 PM   #1661
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1589804464386736128
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 08:56 PM   #1662
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

What the #### was that??? Good way to end up in Harbaughs doghouse.

Last edited by Drake; 11-07-2022 at 08:58 PM.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 09:49 PM   #1663
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

I watch Justin Houston and I can't believe the Chiefs let him go and paid what they did for Frank Clark.

Don't sleep on the Ravens, they have an easy schedule in front of them, and look to be getting their defence in order. They have a chance to run the table here.
Old 11-07-2022, 09:51 PM   #1664
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only good thing about this Saints season - aside from 2nd year LB Pete Werner (who got carted off tonight) looking like the real deal and 2020 1st round almost-bust OG Cesar Ruiz finally finding his game, is rookie WR Chris Olave. Looking like OROY so far.

Obviously if that 1st the Saints sent Philly turns into a top 5 pick it's a disaster, but I don't regret them moving up to nab him. Sorely needed, especially with Thomas out. As long as it's not top 10, I can deal..
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 10:49 PM   #1665
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Obviously if that 1st the Saints sent Philly turns into a top 5 pick it's a disaster, but I don't regret them moving up to nab him. Sorely needed, especially with Thomas out. As long as it's not top 10, I can deal..
Currently at 6th overall. Looking at the Saints schedule though, I think they grind out 3-4 more wins.

Here's an interesting thought. If the Eagles are sitting at 13-1 in week 16 when they play the Saints, and have homefield locked up, do they play their starters to try and get a higher draft pick, or rest em for the playoffs? My vote would be to play them for a half and see if they can run up the score, and then put it in he backups in in the 2nd half, but that's also playing with fire.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 08:25 AM   #1666
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The only good thing about this Saints season - aside from 2nd year LB Pete Werner (who got carted off tonight) looking like the real deal and 2020 1st round almost-bust OG Cesar Ruiz finally finding his game, is rookie WR Chris Olave. Looking like OROY so far.

He's been great but I think Kenneth Walker III of the Seahawks will give him a run for his money. Especially after Breece Hall of the Jets went down with a season ending injury.
chummer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 09:32 AM   #1667
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Praying for good news on Allen today. Even a game or two off would be a win. Like some fans really hoping the fact he uncorked that pass to Davis means it isn't serious.
ajr4013 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 10:48 AM   #1668
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Currently at 6th overall. Looking at the Saints schedule though, I think they grind out 3-4 more wins.

Here's an interesting thought. If the Eagles are sitting at 13-1 in week 16 when they play the Saints, and have homefield locked up, do they play their starters to try and get a higher draft pick, or rest em for the playoffs? My vote would be to play them for a half and see if they can run up the score, and then put it in he backups in in the 2nd half, but that's also playing with fire.
Yeah good point, that will be interesting. And Eagles have gotten the best of the Saints the past 2 games too, mobile QBs always run wild on them, so I'm sure they'll be playing hard. And I have no doubt CGJ will be dying for an interception, he'll be going all out. The way the Saints are imploding and an infirmary ward for the 2nd straight year, Eagles may win without even trying to.

But yeah looking at the schedule, I forsee about the same amount of wins as you said. Saints are kings of meaningless late season winning streaks that obliterates their draft position in down years, they're very Flamesy that way. None of my teams know how to tank properly..
Old 11-08-2022, 10:56 AM   #1669
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

I have no idea what to make of this Colts situation. Irsay is the king of tanking. So that's probably where his I know how to build a football team comes from. They might catch lightning in a bottle and do something against a team who could be looking to quit on their coach this week. Or his orders might be lose every game at all costs....I need to be in position to draft another Elway, Manning, or Luck.
Old 11-08-2022, 12:19 PM   #1670
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I get the feeling he's pretty attached to Saturday and to him this is a thinking outside of the box move. It's win-win for the rest of this season. If Saturday bombs they will likely pick top 3 and get a QB and if he actually turns the team around he has his next head coach. If he bombs and then stays on as the head coach then it's probably not going to end well.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 01:12 PM   #1671
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Saturday is a nostalgic move. And he can be the yes man Irsay wants.
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 02:14 PM   #1672
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol. Gruden/Mayock's drafting absolutely crippled the organization.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1590069194988867585
Old 11-08-2022, 02:24 PM   #1673
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oof
https://twitter.com/user/status/1590070129425285120
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 03:13 PM   #1674
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just in case anyone thinks it's a good idea to hire a TV draft expert as your GM. To be fair to Mayock some of those misses like Leatherwood and Ruggs were on Gruden. Rube you really hate the Raiders don't you?
Old 11-08-2022, 04:16 PM   #1675
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

I think it might be a bit of a dig at dino7c.

Ages ago CP had yearly awards to posters. One was the bag on head award to the poster who would blindly defend the Flames actions no matter how effed up they were.

Dino7c would win that award hands down if this was a Raiders forum.

What happened with Abram, did the injuries do him in? He had a Dion Phaneuf like loud entry to the league with some big hits from what I remember, but always seemed to suffer major injury. Is he a shell of himself now or was he just a big hitter who's coverage and tackling was sub par?

Last edited by Sylvanfan; 11-08-2022 at 04:20 PM.
Sylvanfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 04:16 PM   #1676
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Just in case anyone thinks it's a good idea to hire a TV draft expert as your GM. To be fair to Mayock some of those misses like Leatherwood and Ruggs were on Gruden. Rube you really hate the Raiders don't you?
Not at all. They're comedic gold and they make me money on CP!

The teams I currently dislike are the Cowboys, Giants, Rams, and Bengals. Cowboys and Giants for obvious reasons. Rams and Bengals because I think McVay and his clones are super overrated and coach like cowards.
Old 11-08-2022, 04:27 PM   #1677
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Quote:
I hate the raiders.

Let's ride
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 05:10 PM   #1678
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
I think it might be a bit of a dig at dino7c.

Ages ago CP had yearly awards to posters. One was the bag on head award to the poster who would blindly defend the Flames actions no matter how effed up they were.

Dino7c would win that award hands down if this was a Raiders forum.

What happened with Abram, did the injuries do him in? He had a Dion Phaneuf like loud entry to the league with some big hits from what I remember, but always seemed to suffer major injury. Is he a shell of himself now or was he just a big hitter who's coverage and tackling was sub par?
He's exactly as advertised in scouting reports prior to his draft. A small box safety that's a liability in pass coverage.
Old 11-08-2022, 08:47 PM   #1679
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
With Ruggs anyway, he looked like he was going to be a decent player. He just turned out to be a gigantic scumbag.
Old 11-09-2022, 06:19 AM   #1680
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
With Ruggs anyway, he looked like he was going to be a decent player. He just turned out to be a gigantic scumbag.
Yeah he was on pace for a 1000+ yard season and was a game breaker with his speed. Unfortunately he made a terrible decision and now has to pay the price. I guess you don't put that on the braintrust for picking him because he was looking to be better than Jeudy and on par with Lamb.

Tags
football , gambling , red zone