Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-16-2018, 03:42 PM   #21
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The bounty hunter story in SWTOR was one of the better stories in that game.

Young bounty hunter decides to join the Great Hunt an annual bounty competition, forms a rivalry with a jerk that tries to kill him. Bounty hunter kills jerk.

Collects a bounty against a Jedi Knight to win the Great hunt.

Member of the Jedi Council out of revenge makes him the most wanted man in the Republic, all bounty hunters chase him.

Eventually kills the Jedi, the Sith Empire puts a bounty on the Supreme Chancellor of the republic, the Bounty hunter goes to collect it . . .

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 03:50 PM   #22
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
So likely only available on Disney's new streaming service. And if that is not available in Canada (or elsewhere) that could mean not available at all.
The Disney streaming service isn't launching until late next year. These Star Wars series are intended to be launch-day releases for the service.

I wouldn't be surprised if they launch the service worldwide (or at least the English-speaking world) at the same time. If they don't, they'll likely make a deal with either Netflix or Crave to make the shows available in Canada, similar to the deal DC made with Netflix to distribute Titans worldwide or CBS made with Crave & Netflix for Star Trek Discovery.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:49 AM   #23
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Ya I'm not worried about it being available or not, some way some how it will happen.I think those concerns are a thing of the past now given the way media is so competitive. They need their stuff out now and available to compete.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:04 AM   #24
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Ya I'm not worried about it being available or not, some way some how it will happen.I think those concerns are a thing of the past now given the way media is so competitive. They need their stuff out now and available to compete.
Yeah, I would guess that when Disney is ready to roll this out its going to be absolutely epic.

I mean, who has more potentially available content than Disney? I cant even guess what they'd offer off the bat in terms of movies and content.

Probably start the rollout with this, the prior Star Wars movies, some of the Old Favourites and all of that crap they threw out from the Disney Channel and that alone is tons and tons of content.

Then they'll start adding things like Marvel and on and on it goes. You'll likely be able to get this Disney streaming service even if you lived on the Moon.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2018, 01:57 PM   #25
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Come on Locke, you're looking for the name of barren wasteland that a few people have visited but nobody wants to go back to, Edmonton was right in front of you!
Old 11-26-2018, 11:14 AM   #26
MrCallahan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Yeah, I would guess that when Disney is ready to roll this out its going to be absolutely epic.

I mean, who has more potentially available content than Disney? I cant even guess what they'd offer off the bat in terms of movies and content.

Probably start the rollout with this, the prior Star Wars movies, some of the Old Favourites and all of that crap they threw out from the Disney Channel and that alone is tons and tons of content.

Then they'll start adding things like Marvel and on and on it goes. You'll likely be able to get this Disney streaming service even if you lived on the Moon.
It'll be a while before they'll be able to stream a bunch of the Star Wars films!

Quote:
Turner paid about $275 million for the six Star Wars movies released between 1977 and 2005, plus the newer titles.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...k-from-tbs-tnt

Looks like they are also playing hardball in Disney trying to buy them back.
MrCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 01:17 PM   #27
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCallahan View Post
It'll be a while before they'll be able to stream a bunch of the Star Wars films!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...k-from-tbs-tnt

Looks like they are also playing hardball in Disney trying to buy them back.
Interesting, I didnt know that. But really, thats hardly material. The fact of the matter is that if anyone wants to watch the original trilogy they can do it. Easily.

And if anyone wants to watch the prequels I believe the FBI has a program in place to identify and monitor anyone who would do something so terribly egregious as they may pose a danger to society and themselves.

Seriously though, any idea how long that contract with Turner is for? Disney would probably be better to just wait it out.

Or Disney being Disney they'll just buy Turner.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 11-26-2018, 02:55 PM   #28
MrCallahan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Interesting, I didnt know that. But really, thats hardly material. The fact of the matter is that if anyone wants to watch the original trilogy they can do it. Easily.

And if anyone wants to watch the prequels I believe the FBI has a program in place to identify and monitor anyone who would do something so terribly egregious as they may pose a danger to society and themselves.

Seriously though, any idea how long that contract with Turner is for? Disney would probably be better to just wait it out.

Or Disney being Disney they'll just buy Turner.
Contract is until 2024, was an 8yr deal signed in 2016, just before Disney announced they'll be getting involved in the streaming business. And agreed, I don't think this will stop people from signing up with Disney, lots of ways to watch the older movies. Disney is rich with content, and probably one of the only groups that can actually compete with Netflix.
MrCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 02:58 PM   #29
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCallahan View Post
Contract is until 2024, was an 8yr deal signed in 2016, just before Disney announced they'll be getting involved in the streaming business. And agreed, I don't think this will stop people from signing up with Disney, lots of ways to watch the older movies. Disney is rich with content, and probably one of the only groups that can actually compete with Netflix.
Yeah, you're talking about the Original Trilogy, which is everywhere for 4-5 years. I cant see that being a substantial hurdle.

There will likely be ~10 new Star Wars movies in that time and suckering kids into suckering their parents into stuff is the bedrock of Disney's business model. They'll be fine.

Old 11-27-2018, 12:43 PM   #30
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
On his Instagram account, Favreau posted a picture from the set of The Mandalorian that shows the prolific director in the company of brothers Joe and Anthony Russo, who directed such smash hits as Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Infinity War; Peyton Reed, who directed Ant-Man as well as its sequel, Ant-Man and the Wasp; and Taika Waititi, the legend behind Thor: Ragnarok.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqsRcFeB...ource=ig_embed

Apparently just a visit, not sure how many are involved in the actual show, but pretty cool none the less. Lot of talent there.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:07 PM   #31
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quite the cast: https://www.starwars.com/news/pedro-...he-mandalorian

Quote:
Pedro Pascal (Narcos) has been cast in the title role as a lone Mandalorian gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy. He is joined by Gina Carano (Deadpool), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Emily Swallow (Supernatural), Carl Weathers (Predator), Omid Abtahi (American Gods), Werner Herzog (Grizzly Man), and Nick Nolte (Affliction).
Old 12-12-2018, 01:19 PM   #32
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Carl Weathers!

Old 12-12-2018, 01:49 PM   #33
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also, this is apparently what Nick Nolte looks like now...

Old 12-12-2018, 03:42 PM   #34
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post

Well at least he'll be able to pick up A Song of Ice And Fire when GRRM dies
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 03:43 PM   #35
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

He looks like Santa after a particularly grueling bender.

Old 12-12-2018, 03:47 PM   #36
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:

Always thought Nick Nolte was one of those people that always looked old...then I looked it up and he's actually 77, and he didn't actually get any prominent roles until his mid 30s. I take it back.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 03:49 PM   #37
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

love that Gina Carano is in this, she can basically play an Imperial Battle tank.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:50 AM   #38
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

With the same acting skills.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:12 AM   #39
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
With the same acting skills.
LOL Zing!
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:02 PM   #40
underGRADFlame
Lives In Fear Of Labelling

Exp:

Best looking Imperial Battle tank I’ve ever seen!

NSFW!

Ill be in my bunk...
underGRADFlame is offline   Reply With Quote