Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2020, 11:38 PM   #1041
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
It's official, this is probably my favourite show of all time. It's beaten out Breaking Bad for me at this point
Subtract: Marie, Skylar, Walt Jr
Add: Kim, Howard, Chuck, Nacho, Lalo, Werner
= the best TV show of all time!
Old 03-06-2020, 11:42 AM   #1042
Elkyiv
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'd normally agree but for the fact that we know how the stories end for many of the major characters. We know Domingo's, Gus', Mike's fate. Those were the best parts of BB for me, the mystery.

I am really hoping for a time jump in the finale and have an entire episode dedicated to Gene to see how his story wraps up.
Elkyiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 12:05 PM   #1043
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkyiv View Post
I'd normally agree but for the fact that we know how the stories end for many of the major characters. We know Domingo's, Gus', Mike's fate. Those were the best parts of BB for me, the mystery.

I am really hoping for a time jump in the finale and have an entire episode dedicated to Gene to see how his story wraps up.
It's still fun to watch how they get there, especially with Saul/Jimmy and Mike. Mike is my favorite character in the Breaking Bad universe, so I'm thrilled every week seeing how his story unfolds before the events of BB. For instance, his relationship with Jesse is so much more powerful knowing his backstory with his son.

For mystery, Kim's story is yet to be told. It also helps that she is one of the strongest characters on the show. Chuck's storyline was incredible and satisfying, and what's going on with Nacho and Lalo is up in the air. The only thing we really know about these latter characters from BB is that they existed, and Saul had some major interaction with them that he thought might get him killed (it's shaping up that Nacho fully betrays the Salamancas).

Gilligan and Gould have pretty much confirmed that the timelines will crossover, so I expect to see Walt and Jesse at some point. And I'm sure they most definitely will dedicate a large chunk of the final season to a time jump with Gene.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2020, 05:04 PM   #1044
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

GENES story is also yet to unfold!
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 12:47 AM   #1045
drewtastic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
It's still fun to watch how they get there, especially with Saul/Jimmy and Mike. Mike is my favorite character in the Breaking Bad universe, so I'm thrilled every week seeing how his story unfolds before the events of BB. For instance, his relationship with Jesse is so much more powerful knowing his backstory with his son.

For mystery, Kim's story is yet to be told. It also helps that she is one of the strongest characters on the show. Chuck's storyline was incredible and satisfying, and what's going on with Nacho and Lalo is up in the air. The only thing we really know about these latter characters from BB is that they existed, and Saul had some major interaction with them that he thought might get him killed (it's shaping up that Nacho fully betrays the Salamancas).

Gilligan and Gould have pretty much confirmed that the timelines will crossover, so I expect to see Walt and Jesse at some point. And I'm sure they most definitely will dedicate a large chunk of the final season to a time jump with Gene.
Plus, how does Jimmy get to the Cinnabon?!?

(In all seriousness, I love this show. And while I thoroughly enjoyed Breaking Bad, I think "Saul" is even better...)
drewtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 10:31 AM   #1046
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

A decent article for the fans

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...reaking-drama/
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 08:23 PM   #1047
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

last week - I thought Kim would tell Jimmy she wanted to buy the home they saw in open house, after hearing the Mesa Verde holdout talk about home.

this week - genius stuff. Word of the day - Jimmy tells Kim his courtroom antics are “unconventional”, and we see more unconventional behavior from other characters. Hank is like Jimmy in many ways. Frings is unlike any drug lord we’ve ever seen. Mike has a deathwish when his only reason for living is taken away. What is Howard up to? I doubt he really thinks Jimmy is a good fit for the big firm.

Namaste - I bow to you.

Seems like a conflict of interest for Jimmy to act for Mesa Verde holdout. Lol - visual aids.

Hank - “Let’s spelunk.”

Last edited by troutman; 03-10-2020 at 03:48 PM.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2020, 09:16 PM   #1048
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

Howard is shattered. Jimmy is going to push him over the edge because he ultimately will pay for what happened to Chuck. Something very bad will come of Kim. You can see how they’re changing her episode by episode. She’ll either die or do something completely irredeemable for her character. It would be so Gilliganesque. Like Walt only this transition must be much quicker. Her face is like a mask now and in that one scene in the Mesa verde boardroom she had like dolls eyes. Creepy. That casa where Mike is at the end will probably reintroduce the cousins.
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PostandIn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2020, 08:44 AM   #1049
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Watching Saul do sneaky Saul stuff is so enjoyable.

It's amazing how after two series and ten seasons Vince Gilligan can still introduce incredible characters and stories, even in the short term.

Seeing Hank in episode three again was tragic and Gus Fring and the kid cleaning the fryer was frightening.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 09:16 AM   #1050
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I enjoy this show but I just can't shut out part of my brain that is fixated on how old and frail Mike looks. I do enjoy Jonathan Banks acting and Mike's storyline with Gus even more than Jimmy's but like a zit on the tip of a person's nose it's just hard to ignore that this hunched, slow moving senior is supposed to be a tough guy. It doesn't ruin the show for me or anything but I wish it didn't bother me so much when trying to enjoy the show.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 03-10-2020 at 09:18 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2020, 10:32 AM   #1051
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Aren't Jimmy (actually 57) and Kim (actually 47) supposed to be in their mid/late 30s? I constantly have to remind myself of this and it's an unavoidably distracting part of the show. The show is really packed with older actors playing characters 10-20 years younger than themselves, so at least it's visually consistent. It's one of two TV shows I actually care about (the other is "The Boys"), so I hate to be critical at all, but a "zit on the tip of someone's noise" perfectly describes it.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 10:46 AM   #1052
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only real incongruence that has bothered me is that Mike's granddaughter Kaylee is noticeably older than the version we see in BB. She actually started BCS at or older than she is in the original series.

I can buy Mike being an old badass because he was an old badass in BB, and makeup makes Jimmy look mid 40s and Kim mid to late 30s. Hasn't bothered me at all, really.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2020, 03:06 PM   #1053
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I enjoy this show but I just can't shut out part of my brain that is fixated on how old and frail Mike looks. I do enjoy Jonathan Banks acting and Mike's storyline with Gus even more than Jimmy's but like a zit on the tip of a person's nose it's just hard to ignore that this hunched, slow moving senior is supposed to be a tough guy. It doesn't ruin the show for me or anything but I wish it didn't bother me so much when trying to enjoy the show.
Reminded me a lot of The Irishman when he tried to beat up those punks last week.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2020, 07:53 AM   #1054
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Literally the only thing this show is missing is a character played by Margo Martindale.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 10:01 AM   #1055
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

Margo Martindale is just the best.
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 02:18 PM   #1056
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

watched the two latest episodes in one go and it's simply amazing how quickly time flies by. This series is just so good at everything it does, it's incredible.

so many great moments in the last one. Gus waiting for that phone call while poor Lyle is trying to get to "acceptable". The look on Howards face, turning off the alarm. "Picture me as the man and Mesa Verde as the horse". Great stuff all around.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 02:20 PM   #1057
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
watched the two latest episodes in one go and it's simply amazing how quickly time flies by. This series is just so good at everything it does, it's incredible.

so many great moments in the last one. Gus waiting for that phone call while poor Lyle is trying to get to "acceptable". The look on Howards face, turning off the alarm. "Picture me as the man and Mesa Verde as the horse". Great stuff all around.
So much horse effing with this and John Oliver this week.
Old 03-17-2020, 06:41 PM   #1058
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

All caught up now. God damn, so freakin' good
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 06:42 PM   #1059
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Always appreciate an episode with some classic Slippin' Jimmy.

-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2020, 06:43 PM   #1060
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Always appreciate an episode with some classic Slippin' Jimmy.
Oh yeah, seeing Saul do Saul stuff is fantastic
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breaking bad , saul goodman