Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-12-2016, 04:46 PM   #81
FireGilbert
Franchise Player
 
FireGilbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Brisbane
Exp:
Default

Cricket's first ever field side pool has been installed at the Gabba in Brisbane for use in the day/night test against Pakistan starting on Thursday.



Props to the Aussies for leading the way in innovations to increase attendance to test matches.
__________________
The masses of humanity have always had to surf.
FireGilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireGilbert For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2016, 01:08 AM   #82
Party Elephant
First Line Centre
 
Party Elephant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Queenstown, NZ
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
Cricket's first ever field side pool has been installed at the Gabba in Brisbane for use in the day/night test against Pakistan starting on Thursday.



Props to the Aussies for leading the way in innovations to increase attendance to test matches.
Damn, I wonder what tickets in that section are going for! Get drunk by the pool with the cricket on? Yes please!
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 02:40 AM   #83
FireGilbert
Franchise Player
 
FireGilbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Brisbane
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party Elephant View Post
Damn, I wonder what tickets in that section are going for! Get drunk by the pool with the cricket on? Yes please!
No pool tickets for sale. Fans who show up wearing swim gear will be randomly selected to go to the pool deck for one of two 3.5 hour sessions. Such an awesome idea.
__________________
The masses of humanity have always had to surf.
FireGilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 03:27 PM   #84
Party Elephant
First Line Centre
 
Party Elephant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Queenstown, NZ
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
No pool tickets for sale. Fans who show up wearing swim gear will be randomly selected to go to the pool deck for one of two 3.5 hour sessions. Such an awesome idea.
Queeeeeeeeeeeenslaaaaaaaaaand!
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 06:04 PM   #85
FireGilbert
Franchise Player
 
FireGilbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Brisbane
Exp:
Default

Haha, it is actually Queeeeeeeeeeenslaaaaaaanderrrr! but close enough. You also have to say in an Aussie bogan accent.
__________________
The masses of humanity have always had to surf.

Last edited by FireGilbert; 12-13-2016 at 06:18 PM.
FireGilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:57 PM   #86
GirlySports
NOT breaking news
 
GirlySports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

I tuned in and Pakistan got 2 quick wickets. Maybe I'm their good luck charm
__________________
Watching the Oilers defend is like watching fire engines frantically rushing to the wrong fire

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2016, 10:26 PM   #87
FireGilbert
Franchise Player
 
FireGilbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Brisbane
Exp:
Default

Wow what an epic finish in Brisbane. Pakistan almost completed the greatest comeback in cricket history, putting up 450 second innings runs, but came up short losing by 39.

This was almost a massive choke by Australia who made some questionable decisions not enforcing the follow on and then declaring too soon.
__________________
The masses of humanity have always had to surf.
FireGilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireGilbert For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2016, 11:48 AM   #88
ClubFlames
Posted the 2 millionth post!
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Exp:
Default

India wins the test series against England 4-0 by winning the last Test match by an innings and 75 runs. India was pretty dominant throughout the series in every aspect.

Karun Nair scored an amazing 303* and became only the third batsman in history to convert his maiden Test ton into a triple. In the same inning Lokesh Rahul missed his double century by 1 run. Jadeja finished off the England side in the second innings by taking 7 for 48, establishing himself as one of the top spinners in the world.

Now rest for almost a month as they play their ODI series starting January 15.
__________________

ClubFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ClubFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2016, 10:42 AM   #89
ClubFlames
Posted the 2 millionth post!
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Exp:
Default



__________________

ClubFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ClubFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2016, 10:44 AM   #90
ClubFlames
Posted the 2 millionth post!
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Exp:
Default

__________________

ClubFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:40 PM   #91
FireGilbert
Franchise Player
 
FireGilbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Brisbane
Exp:
Default

I know there are a few IPL fans here but is anyone able to follow the Australian T20 Big Bash League?

It started out as a poorly attended IPL wannabe but in five years has become the 7th highest average attendance league in the world (NFL is 1 and IPL is 5).
__________________
The masses of humanity have always had to surf.
FireGilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 09:54 AM   #92
GirlySports
NOT breaking news
 
GirlySports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

T20 is a great fan-friendly event. Lots of excitement packed in 3 hours.

Australian big bash and IPL are hard to watch due to the time difference. My favorite one is the Caribbean League that runs in September. They give fans in crowd $1000 for catching a 6 one handed.
__________________
Watching the Oilers defend is like watching fire engines frantically rushing to the wrong fire

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2016, 01:02 AM   #93
FireGilbert
Franchise Player
 
FireGilbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Brisbane
Exp:
Default

Australia beats Pakistan again in a rain effected match which seemed like a guaranteed draw.

Pakistan was way too conservative batting in their first innings and then completely fell apart in their second. Australia on the other hand played exciting aggressive cricket and posted their best ever total at the MCG.
__________________
The masses of humanity have always had to surf.
FireGilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:41 PM   #94
Party Elephant
First Line Centre
 
Party Elephant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Queenstown, NZ
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
I know there are a few IPL fans here but is anyone able to follow the Australian T20 Big Bash League?

It started out as a poorly attended IPL wannabe but in five years has become the 7th highest average attendance league in the world (NFL is 1 and IPL is 5).
One of my coworkers keeps harping on about it so I'll probably watch a game or two. I saw McCullum hit 72 for Brisbane the other night - I may have to start supporting them because of him. Still got it!

In other news, New Zealand are poised to sweep their 3 game ODI series with Bangladesh. The second game was close until Bangladesh had a brutal batting collapse, but the first and third games have been relative walkovers.

Last edited by Party Elephant; 12-30-2016 at 10:43 PM.
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Party Elephant For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2016, 01:22 AM   #95
FireGilbert
Franchise Player
 
FireGilbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Brisbane
Exp:
Default

^I'm a Heat fan too!

Did you see Chris Lynn hit the biggest 6 in history?



The first cricket match I ever attended was a BBL game at the Gabba. We were sitting in the top level and I asked buddy beside me if it was possible for a ball to be hit to us. His response was not likely. Of course later in the game Nathan Coulter-Nile proceeded to smash a 6 2 rows in front of me. It was up there with Al MacInnis breaking the glass and a Joe Carter HR as the most impressive thing I have ever seen live at a sporting event.

Of course that pales in comparison to actually hitting it out of the Gabba. Amazing!
__________________
The masses of humanity have always had to surf.

Last edited by FireGilbert; 12-31-2016 at 01:27 AM.
FireGilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FireGilbert For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2016, 01:31 AM   #96
Party Elephant
First Line Centre
 
Party Elephant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Queenstown, NZ
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
^I'm a Heat fan too!

Did you see Chris Lynn hit the biggest 6 in history?



The first cricket match I ever attended was a BBL game at the Gabba. We were sitting in the top level and I asked buddy beside me if it was possible for a ball to be hit to us. His response was not likely. Of course later in the game Nathan Coulter-Nile proceeded to smash a 6 2 rows in front of me. It was up there with Al MacInnis breaking the glass and a Joe Carter HR as the most impressive thing I have ever seen live at a sporting event.

Of course that pales in comparison to actually hitting it out of the Gabba. Amazing!
Shot!
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 01:38 AM   #97
Party Elephant
First Line Centre
 
Party Elephant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Queenstown, NZ
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
T20 is a great fan-friendly event. Lots of excitement packed in 3 hours.

Australian big bash and IPL are hard to watch due to the time difference. My favorite one is the Caribbean League that runs in September. They give fans in crowd $1000 for catching a 6 one handed.
I recently learned that Canada's captain, Nitish Kumar, plays for St. Lucia in the CPL. It is very hard to find info about cricket in Canada btw, holy cow.
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:05 AM   #98
FireGilbert
Franchise Player
 
FireGilbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Brisbane
Exp:
Default

David Warner just became the 5th test cricketer in history, and first in 40 years, to post 100 before lunch. It was also the first ever time it has been accomplished on a day 1.

Such an exciting batsman and a major reason I became a cricket fan.
__________________
The masses of humanity have always had to surf.

Last edited by FireGilbert; 01-03-2017 at 02:08 AM.
FireGilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:57 PM   #99
Party Elephant
First Line Centre
 
Party Elephant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Queenstown, NZ
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
David Warner just became the 5th test cricketer in history, and first in 40 years, to post 100 before lunch. It was also the first ever time it has been accomplished on a day 1.

Such an exciting batsman and a major reason I became a cricket fan.
He is unreal lately. Probably the most frustrating player to watch when you're a fan of the opposing team.
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 02:19 PM   #100
GirlySports
NOT breaking news
 
GirlySports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

WALK OFF!!!

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/gxrga
__________________
Watching the Oilers defend is like watching fire engines frantically rushing to the wrong fire

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:07 AM.

Calgary Flames
2017-18




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016