Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2020, 01:06 PM   #1101
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yes, I believe his story has been told from the perspective of this series. I've had this debate with friends on and off.

But if you look at him at the age of 50 he's like a 3 year old. So in the span of the rest of this series if its one year longer or two, he'd still be a young child by the end of it, and not fully trained. Even by the events of the ST, he'd be the equivalent of a 8 or 10 year old.

I don't think they want to tempt fate by having him going from a babbling infant with a cute factor of 10 to an actualized talking somewhat developed hero. Plus his power would be off of the scale and he'd be the ultimate shift of balance in any scenario.

The Mandalorian had a quest where he got connected to the Child and then had to deliver him into the hands of his own kind, the Jedi. That was accomplished. There's really nothing left to be delivered on that story unless you want to bring Mando in from the backwoods of the galaxy into the Force Wars that are evolving.

This was the end of one chapter of the Mando's life, they're going to move to another, whether its the Mandalorian Civil War. Or continued brushes with the Empire while he takes up other quests is the question.

But yeah, in my heart of hearts and just looking at logical story progressions, the Child story to me is done and in a satisfying way.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2020, 01:11 PM   #1102
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Add on, the Gallery episode was a really good hour of watching. While they touched on almost everything. The major character returns, the story lines. They showed nothing about Luke's return.

Maybe there will be another gallery that just focuses on that.

Kind of neat to see things like Matthew Woods returning to play Bib. The interviews of the Directors. The obvious passion by everyone involved that makes this a great series.

Old 12-25-2020, 01:21 PM   #1103
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Yes, I believe his story has been told from the perspective of this series. I've had this debate with friends on and off.

But if you look at him at the age of 50 he's like a 3 year old. So in the span of the rest of this series if its one year longer or two, he'd still be a young child by the end of it, and not fully trained. Even by the events of the ST, he'd be the equivalent of a 8 or 10 year old.

I don't think they want to tempt fate by having him going from a babbling infant with a cute factor of 10 to an actualized talking somewhat developed hero. Plus his power would be off of the scale and he'd be the ultimate shift of balance in any scenario.

The Mandalorian had a quest where he got connected to the Child and then had to deliver him into the hands of his own kind, the Jedi. That was accomplished. There's really nothing left to be delivered on that story unless you want to bring Mando in from the backwoods of the galaxy into the Force Wars that are evolving.

This was the end of one chapter of the Mando's life, they're going to move to another, whether its the Mandalorian Civil War. Or continued brushes with the Empire while he takes up other quests is the question.

But yeah, in my heart of hearts and just looking at logical story progressions, the Child story to me is done and in a satisfying way.
You could be onto something here. Maybe he will become a Galactic Baby Bounty Runner. Baby Chewbacca, Groot.... the marketing would be endless.
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 01:25 PM   #1104
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Cap makes some great points.

In my simpleton Star Wars fan opinion: I doubt we see Luke again, so I would assume we don’t see Grogu again.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 01:59 PM   #1105
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Cap makes some great points.

In my simpleton Star Wars fan opinion: I doubt we see Luke again, so I would assume we don’t see Grogu again.
I think you're right. Moreso I hope you're right.

I loved it. But in something like this 'less is more.'

Small glimpse of Luke. A little bit of Fett. Dont overdo it.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2020, 04:36 PM   #1106
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Not disagreeing with you, but you brought up a point tat needs ro be addressed. Wookiepedia claims Yoda was around 100 when he was knighted, Grogu is 50 but like a toddler. While we know nothing about how the species matures, Grogu seems too under developed to me, was he instasis for a few years?

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Yoda
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 07:23 AM   #1107
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Now that they are done with baby Yoda, next up, Baby Gungan.

Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 09:48 AM   #1108
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

I think if they leave Grogu out of the Mandalorian they’d eventually be able to move beyond the timeline of the sequel trilogy to when Grogu is a bad ass Jedi and start a whole new saga.
Old 12-26-2020, 03:27 PM   #1109
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duruss View Post
Wookiepedia claims Yoda was around 100 when he was knighted,

It claims he attained the rank of master around 100. Means he was knighted before that.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2020, 03:59 PM   #1110
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Rewatching season 1 for the first time to get family into it, definitely didn't appreciate the first time how well the first batch of episodes were made and written despite the smaller scope and budget.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2020, 07:23 PM   #1111
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes View Post
I think if they leave Grogu out of the Mandalorian they’d eventually be able to move beyond the timeline of the sequel trilogy to when Grogu is a bad ass Jedi and start a whole new saga.
A positive of the Disney trilogy is that it occurs so far in the future and many of the events happen in the outer areas of the galaxy. This gives the writers a lot of room to navigate with future series.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2020, 07:49 PM   #1112
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
A positive of the Disney trilogy is that it occurs so far in the future and many of the events happen in the outer areas of the galaxy. This gives the writers a lot of room to navigate with future series.

They could also do a few shows or movies that take place AFTER the recent movie trilogy, which would obviously give them endless possibilities for entirely brand new stories and characters that wouldn't need to tie into Skywalker lore.

I'm thoroughly enjoying all of the post-ROTJ stuff, but I hope they actually get around to exploring the future at some point as well.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 07:53 PM   #1113
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'd like to see a future story where the galaxy is entirely in chaos, The New Republic completely fails and falls apart, and we just see endless civil war, slavery, and destruction. And they beg for the return of the Sith, and Darth Laziess says "Nope".

Old 12-26-2020, 08:20 PM   #1114
eddly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Could fans handle a Luke that has fallen to the dark side?

eddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 08:30 PM   #1115
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddly View Post

Lol, not a chance. Just look at all the bitching and moaning that happened when people were shown a darker, broken, PTSD version of Luke in TLJ. If he went full dark side, the nerd rage would be off the charts.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 08:37 PM   #1116
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
They could also do a few shows or movies that take place AFTER the recent movie trilogy, which would obviously give them endless possibilities for entirely brand new stories and characters that wouldn't need to tie into Skywalker lore.

Apparently, if you like to follow internet scuttlebutt, they are going to be distancing themselves from the new trilogy going forward.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 09:49 PM   #1117
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddly View Post

As long as it was done better then the Dark Empire comics where Luke felt to the darkside, sorta, kinda not really, but he wore a pop up collar which made him easy.

I had this preconceived idea for the trilogy before it came out that I liked

Spoiler!

Old 12-27-2020, 04:25 PM   #1118
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm a little late to the party, but I watched both seasons over the last few days and this, THIS was the Star Wars universe I've been longing to see! The odd Jedi or person of significance here and there, but mostly just spending time with your everyday folks who live in the universe. I absolutely loved it.

Season 1 was a blast, but I just adored season 2. More adorable baby Yoda, tons on emotional character development for Din, Boba ####ing Fett and a final episode that had me grinning ear to ear, then having a good cry. I could have done without them throwing a jarringly CG Luke in there though. I'd like them to move past the Skywalker's, the universe is absolutely interesting without them.

More of this universe, please.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 04:30 PM   #1119
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Luke had to be the person to pick up Baby Yoda.

We know Luke is looking for force sensitives at this point in the timeline. So if Mando’s mission is drop off Grogu with a Jedi it pretty much has to be Luke or Luke is doing a terrible job.

I do hope that Baby Yoda is done with the show and Mando gets a new quest independent from the movies.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 06:29 PM   #1120
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
Lol, not a chance. Just look at all the bitching and moaning that happened when people were shown a darker, broken, PTSD version of Luke in TLJ. If he went full dark side, the nerd rage would be off the charts.
It wasn't so much that Luke was darker. It was more that he was so broken and pathetic. As though he leaned nothing about the force and destiny. It really took away from his journey in the original trilogy.

He was also just whiney and annoying. His scenes were actively unpleasant to watch. They are trying to do a fat Thor thing with Luke, but the humor just did not land.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote