Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2018, 05:38 PM   #141
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Simple question: is there anyone here who would take Pacioretty over Neal, same term, for $850K more per year, plus you have to give up those 3 assets (where Neal is free)?
For the Flames? Nope. But Vegas is in a different situation. For now, we're just trying to get to contender status. They already have it. We need to fix things that are broken. They're at the fine-tuning stage.

(Still, I'm not saying Vegas made the right move, only that it doesn't necessarily follow that they made the wrong one if the Flames made the right one.)
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 05:50 PM   #142
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

For Vegas it's not as simple as comparing Pacioretty to Neal.

I do think Pacioretty is the better player but not by a wide margin. However, they added Pacioretty and Stastny for a combined $13 million per year. Out go Neal and Tatar at a combined $10 million per.

So it costs them a prospect and a pick and $3 million per year.

Hard to argue that they won't be better on the ice next year because of these deals.

I suppose you could factor in losing Perron too but he was quite a bit cheaper than Neal.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2018, 05:57 PM   #143
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
If you're responding like this to ricardo in 2018 you might be a bigger problem than he is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
if you can't ignore a troll that's been trolling the board for what, a decade?, how respected can you be?
Not a big deal, but just curious as to why you're incredibly polite and helpful to me in pm's and have this weird, abrasive and nasty tone towards me on the public board.

It's just really weird, like you're going out of your way to present your self in two different ways to me in "public" and "private". It's just bizarre is all.

Last edited by jayswin; 09-10-2018 at 05:59 PM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:02 AM   #144
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Not a big deal, but just curious as to why you're incredibly polite and helpful to me in pm's and have this weird, abrasive and nasty tone towards me on the public board.

It's just really weird, like you're going out of your way to present your self in two different ways to me in "public" and "private". It's just bizarre is all.
It's only about certain subjects, like stealing candy from a baby by taking pot shots at a guy specifically looking for pot shots.

We get it, you (the collective you) think Ricardo is a joke. So when you respond to him, what does that make you?

I agree he's a joke, that's why he's been in my ignore list for close to a decade.

Be Melania. Be better.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote