Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-27-2019, 08:21 PM   #1481
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I thought the expansion story wasn’t bad, the new gearing system is garbage again, yay for grind, grind, grind! I guess I shouldn’t care too much since I don’t do group flash points or raids, but still sucks. I’ve held my own in pvp so I think I’ll be ok. As for the Kira/Scourge story, that was pretty cool, and what will Malgus be up to? I chose to remain independent, I would imagine Theron jumps ship again if you choose Empire. I want to kill him so bad lol
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 01:41 PM   #1482
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Still haven't been able to play it all all, Still all kinds of lock up problems etc.

If they don't get it solved, I'm going to cancel my subscription this week. But I'm not the only one with this issue.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 03:32 PM   #1483
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Still haven't been able to play it all all, Still all kinds of lock up problems etc.

If they don't get it solved, I'm going to cancel my subscription this week. But I'm not the only one with this issue.
Well crap, I figured you would have been finished. It's amazing how slow the announcement for the next patch has been, there's a lot of people suffering from game crushing bugs, apparently any mission with a walker is unplayable.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:38 PM   #1484
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

yeah there are lots of bugs and lags and game play issues, I don't know why they rushed this.

Old 10-29-2019, 08:47 AM   #1485
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
yeah there are lots of bugs and lags and game play issues, I don't know why they rushed this.
Patch notes are up, I would assume that the patch will come out shortly, apparently there may be another next week as well.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:25 AM   #1486
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Tried it didn't fix it, sent off a note to support and posted in the support forum.

At this point, I'm ready to throw up my hands and unsubscribe, they broke the game for me and others with onslaught.

My subscription is up in a couple of weeks, if they don't get it fixed, I guess I'm out.

Old 01-21-2020, 05:13 PM   #1487
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So after taking a break and updating my video card I decided to jump back into SWTOR. I have like 16 characters in the game, but decided to just jump in and check on the changes.

I have to admit I really like the onslaught expansion, though its a bit short. Its focused around the end of the war. If you and your alliance are on the side of the empire the missions revolve around destroying a republic ship yard and there are two planets and a flashpoint. Onderon as a planet is outright beautiful, but at times it does challenge the engine a bit. Mek sha is a floating asteroid base, but is fairly cool. The flashpoint takes place on Corellia. If your republic your job is to prevent the destruction of the Sith attack. However the fact that you can play the role of sabateur and betray your choosen alliance is quite cool and leads to a real key decision.

Once you complete the mission it opens up a whole new set of daily missions.

Some new changes

The level cap has gone from 70 to 75.

The armoring system has been changed in terms of being able to get higher gear up to 306 no matter what activities you enjoy. You're not limited to flashpoints or operations to get the higher gear, though it might take some time to get there.

They've replaced the leveling system after 75 with renown, which will drop tech boxes containing armor and other goodies after each level achieved.

The primary end game currency is tech fragments, again no matter what you do you can collect these fragments and turn them in for items like armor shells that can give you some pretty wicked set bonuses.

As well Crafting has been over hauled, but crafting end game gear can be really expensive in terms of the required materials.

Overall its a nice little expansion and game change with the next update being a new stronghold on Alderaan, as well there are more story expansions coming.

Old 01-22-2020, 08:40 AM   #1488
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

I haven’t played since release, I logged in to 9k real money credits to spend by having two factor authentication setup giving me 100 per month or something. I haven’t had time to play but it’s on my list to play through and it’s looking really good from what I remember. Can’t wait to play.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:57 AM   #1489
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its such a completely different game since its release. Not only content wise, but how its played.

Its still addicting as heck for me.

Old 01-24-2020, 09:55 AM   #1490
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I finally got all of my 306 gear, it took a while since I pretty much only PVP these days.
Augments are horrifically priced on the GTN due to how expensive it is to make them, so trying to reach the perfect stats is going to be tough. The new update was/is basically a giant credit sink. But I still enjoy playing, just kinda sucks since I'm not rich lol.
Old 01-25-2020, 01:50 AM   #1491
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

LOL, they did it intentionally since 306 is probably the ultimate end game gear. Once you hit that the damage that you can dole out is amazing.

It is expensive, you can craft it, but its really expensive to craft it because of the exotic materials needed.

I thought I would hate the new renown system, but its growing on it, and the ability to work towards end game gear no matter what you play using tech fragments is a pretty fair system.

Old 01-26-2020, 09:49 PM   #1492
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
LOL, they did it intentionally since 306 is probably the ultimate end game gear. Once you hit that the damage that you can dole out is amazing.

It is expensive, you can craft it, but its really expensive to craft it because of the exotic materials needed.

I thought I would hate the new renown system, but its growing on it, and the ability to work towards end game gear no matter what you play using tech fragments is a pretty fair system.

Wait until you’re rerolling amplifiers or pulling 306 mods at almost 100K a piece
The Following User Says Thank You to Luder For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2020, 07:33 PM   #1493
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Spoiler!
Such a Sith moment

Old 01-29-2020, 12:56 PM   #1494
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

All kinds of awesome

Old 01-31-2020, 07:02 AM   #1495
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

^ LOL

There is a guy on my server named Hulk that as you can imagine, looks like the Hulk, he's a pretty awesome PVP player.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luder For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2020, 11:34 AM   #1496
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I might have seen him on Ossus,

A perfect Hulk

Old 01-31-2020, 01:14 PM   #1497
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luder View Post
^ LOL

There is a guy on my server named Hulk that as you can imagine, looks like the Hulk, he's a pretty awesome PVP player.

Does he use the legacy unarmed combat attacks. I remember those were big for a while. If you had no weapons you could basically beat the crap out of a person.

Old 01-31-2020, 03:16 PM   #1498
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Does he use the legacy unarmed combat attacks. I remember those were big for a while. If you had no weapons you could basically beat the crap out of a person.
Oddly enough, I think he's a bounty hunter with dual blasters.
Old 01-31-2020, 03:59 PM   #1499
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I took one of my agents after he finished his story line and used the legacy unarmed combat actions and went back to Korriban and walked around beating NPC's to death. I laid out an entire world.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2020, 09:10 PM   #1500
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

ha

Spoiler!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 02-02-2020 at 09:12 PM.