Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Buy And Sell > Ticket Exchange

Notices

Old 04-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #21
YYC in LAX
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sad thing is I bet people all throughout North America were on Ticketmaster at 10 AM to buy tickets. People in various provinces and states are probably scalping on Stubhub, etc.

YYC in LAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #22
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithtofuhr86 View Post
I always love it when someone is looking for a hot ticket and then follow it up by only willing to pay face value! Kind of like the older couple standing outside of the Dome before game 6 Stanley Cup finals vs Tampa in 2004 with a cardboard saying "Need 2 tickets, only will pay face value". Okay bud, like I am going to go over their and sell you my two tickets for a $100 when the Stanley Cup is in the building. If you don't get lucky enough to get the tickets the first time around you can't expect people to just hand them to you without paying a premium for them.
I always hate it when posters like this seem to think there is nothing wrong with scalping tickets. I wonder how many tickets smithtofuhr86 has listed on Kiiji.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #23
Deelow
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why were tickets only $65? Counting the Stampede admission that is very reasonable. They could have charged $150 easy.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #24
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Even if he adds a second show all those tickets will get picked up too. Scalpers can charge the huge premium cause lets be real, this is basically a once in a lifetime show for a lot of people.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #25
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Even if he adds a second show all those tickets will get picked up too. Scalpers can charge the huge premium cause lets be real, this is basically a once in a lifetime show for a lot of people.
Anyone who buys tickets from a scalper is an idiot.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #26
IronDave
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobsgraham View Post
I will trade an arcade machine for tickets. Add me to the list.
I'll see your arcade machine and raise you a first born child.
IronDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #27
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't agree that anyoe who buys tickets from a scalper is an idiot, because I'd be calling myself an idiot since I've bought tickets from a re-seller (Rush! 7th row!). But those were $100 tickets I got for $180. $65 tickets for upwards of $1,000 a seat sounds criminal, but still in this city there's a lot of people with money, and a lot of people will pay for the chance to see Garth Brooks at the Stampede.

See thats what makes it so crazy. If it was Garth Brooks on December 15th it would still sell out right quick, but not 58 seconds quick.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #28
Gundo
First Line Centre

Exp:

I have two extra tickets in the pocket of my
Broncos jacket
Gundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #29
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDave View Post
I'll see your arcade machine and raise you a first born child.
This is why I wish my wife would let me trade my tickets. Instead she is insisting that she goes. I would love to get my basement drywalled mudded and taped and I bet someone would be willing to do it for tickets. Of course she dropped a veto and is selfishly going to the concert of a lifetime
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #30
MickMcGeough
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithtofuhr86 View Post
I always love it when someone is looking for a hot ticket and then follow it up by only willing to pay face value! Kind of like the older couple standing outside of the Dome before game 6 Stanley Cup finals vs Tampa in 2004 with a cardboard saying "Need 2 tickets, only will pay face value". Okay bud, like I am going to go over their and sell you my two tickets for a $100 when the Stanley Cup is in the building. If you don't get lucky enough to get the tickets the first time around you can't expect people to just hand them to you without paying a premium for them.
I think you may be lost.

MickMcGeough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #31
Knut

Exp:

I was offered $250/ticket for our extra pair. Likely could get more, however we sold them to my cousin and his GF at face value because they are huge fans.

I am not against selling tickets for more than face value, but when I have a tone of friends wanting to go it is just wrong. If it were a show no one cared about the market place sets the value.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #32
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Let's also keep in mind that selling tickets or asking for tickets over face value is against the rules here; and is an infraction that we take very seriously.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #33
Flames2007FIRE IT UP
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Looking for a pair myself so can be added to the list. The one thing I don't understand is why people pay over $1200 for a pair - you could go to vegas and see him for that much, including flight/hotel and you get a weekend in Vegas.

Last edited by Flames2007FIRE IT UP; 04-16-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Flames2007FIRE IT UP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #34
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames2007FIRE IT UP View Post
Looking for a pair myself so can be added to the list. The one thing I don't understand is why people pay over $1200 for a pair - you could go to vegas and see him for that much, including flight/hotel and you get a weekend in Vegas.
Different experience. Vegas show is intimate acoustics where you feel you are getting to know Garth. His stadium concerts are totally different elaborate and crazy. Apparently one of the best shows you will ever see. So makes total sense to me. I am assuming the scalping prices will fall like they always do and buy a single ticket for myself to go to the show. Since I gave them to my wife as a thank you for letting me go on a sports trip to florida

Unless anyone on CP needs a date then I will gladly go with them and supply the beer!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #35
Flames2007FIRE IT UP
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundmark19 View Post
Different experience. Vegas show is intimate acoustics where you feel you are getting to know Garth. His stadium concerts are totally different elaborate and crazy. Apparently one of the best shows you will ever see. So makes total sense to me. I am assuming the scalping prices will fall like they always do and buy a single ticket for myself to go to the show. Since I gave them to my wife as a thank you for letting me go on a sports trip to florida

Unless anyone on CP needs a date then I will gladly go with them and supply the beer!
I was planning on seeing the Vegas show and heard the same about his concerts. I do expect this to be a little smaller than his other shows as he is not on tour or anything, as far as I know.
Flames2007FIRE IT UP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:42 PM   #36
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

put me on the list as a person who needs a pair of tickets. Not a fan myself, but my wife is and she's put up with enough of my music that I think I can make it through a Brooks concert.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:28 PM   #37
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I personally haven't seen Vegas or live just videos but close friends saw Vegas and said it was incredible how intimate the show was it felt like he was talking and singing just to you. Others can comment but I would still go see the Vegas regardless of you see the calgary show or not
Old 04-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #38
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Believe this if want, but Ticketmaster and the Stampede say 90% of purchases originated in Alberta.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #39
18flames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Tickets were $62 because Garth Brooks charges the bare minimum for the tickets, he doesn't want any fans to get a better seat because they are more well off then others, that's why floor seats and upper level seats cost the same.
18flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #40
PowerPlayoffs06
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I bought the wife a pair of Johnny Reid tickets for our 5 year anniversary and she was soooooo excited. Now Garth bloody Brooks comes along and suddenly all my cred is gone...

So if anybody winds up being unable to attend Garth on Thursday and would want to trade tickets for Johnny on Friday, you could make my wife very happy! ;D
PowerPlayoffs06 is offline   Reply With Quote