Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2020, 10:47 PM   #501
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's weird.

I thought he died.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2020, 10:50 PM   #502
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I was getting ready to send flowers to the widow myself.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 11:20 PM   #503
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

I had a feeling this was all a bunch of BS right from the start. Looked like a tweak, maybe a slight strain at the most. Maurice is and always has been a jackass.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 11:24 PM   #504
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
That's weird.

I thought he died.
If he’s back in game 2, or even back this series and it doesn’t turn out to be anything major, I’m curious what, exactly, Scheifele was doing rolling around the ground looking like he’d been shot, given that nobody can even figure out what the injury is.

I have to believe it’s worse than they’re letting on. That type of reaction was extreme for a minor injury.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2020, 11:30 PM   #505
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

There was a second shooter on the grassy knoll!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 11:34 PM   #506
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Really glad their guys are not seriously hurt. That said, after all the unnecessary drama and finger pointing, I hope they're at least not ready for the back to back.

Last edited by djsFlames; 08-02-2020 at 11:38 PM.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 11:44 PM   #507
WinnipegFan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I am glad MS is ok after the accident that took place. I do hope that the drama can end and we can now enjoy the rest of the series. As I stated if MS, my favourite player, takes the hit he is fine. He bailed and put himself at risk. Ow let’s move on to the next game! Gotta say I appreciate these guys going out there and playing during this time. It’s been tough with this isolation but I feel this brings people together with passion. The sacrifices going on to make this happen are truly appreciated and deserve to be honoured.
WinnipegFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WinnipegFan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2020, 11:44 PM   #508
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galakanokis View Post
Spotted in a walking boot apparently so not a cut. Ankle or knee sprain likely.
As a Raiders fan I'm well versed in walking boots. Hard to imagine a player in a walking boot today is going to play for at least a week.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 11:45 PM   #509
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I actually used to like Paul Maurice.

Now I don't.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:50 PM   #510
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
I actually used to like Paul Maurice.

Now I don't.
I liked him for a brief while. Now I think he's just a smooth talking snake oil salesman, and a lousy coach. Welcome to the club! I think we have very different reasons for being here tho
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 12:13 AM   #511
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is where I think sportsnet is dropping the ball. In the intermission tonight they show the Maurice clip from last night and this morning without showing Ward's presser, just saying ward disagreed with Maurice. No mention that the league reviewed and there is no action needed. Just bush league they are still pushing that narrative. Turn to TSN and they have all the talking heads saying no way it was intentional.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbob For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2020, 12:17 AM   #512
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Every time I see the clip of Maurice's over the top, over-acting, meltdown video I just think of this.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:24 AM   #513
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
This is where I think sportsnet is dropping the ball. In the intermission tonight they show the Maurice clip from last night and this morning without showing Ward's presser, just saying ward disagreed with Maurice. No mention that the league reviewed and there is no action needed. Just bush league they are still pushing that narrative. Turn to TSN and they have all the talking heads saying no way it was intentional.
This is part of what irritates me.

No way 'what' was intentional?

Nobody even knows what the injury is. Was it a cut on his leg? Twisted knee? Sprained ankle? Broken bone?

Who knows?

It seems unquestionable clear that Tkachuk went out and made a hockey play that yielded unfortunate results. There was no penalty on the play and further review has determined that to be the correct decision.

SO the idea that Tkachuk went out there with a vengeance, dead-set on inflicting a 'mystery injury' is patently absurd.

Ultimately, there needs to be consequences for these kinds of allegations. You shouldnt be able to have people going out and vilifying a player on circumstance and conjecture in order to fulfil the Propagandist Goals of their opponent.

Tkachuk didnt 'intend to' if indeed at all, actually hurt anyone. Maurice and the Jets are simply trying to mitigate their losses by being the loudest, squeakiest wheel.

Maurice's actions are akin to a child crying and whining to his mother trying to get his brother in trouble for actions that never happened just because the result of the event was unfavourable to him.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2020, 12:34 AM   #514
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
They really are. Its their job to bring coverage. That means all the press conferences, even the boring ones. Not like there's a ton of other coverage to get to that they can't fit in the 30 seconds of his media address highlights.

Honestly surprising that the "canadian" broadcaster for the tournament wouldn't show any of the response re: the juiciest story so far in the tournament.

The stench of their oilers underwear is coming through. Shows they want that "hate tkachuk" train to roll and nothing to derail it.

Edit: Well they did post two panel segments with Burke and Leslie where it was agreed that it wasn't dirty and that Maurice was just stirring things up. Maybe the bias is not as obvious as I was expecting.

Last edited by djsFlames; 08-03-2020 at 02:10 AM.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 12:49 AM   #515
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah TSN has the Jets rights and they are saying Maurice is out to lunch, but sportsnet is showing their bias by not giving equal airtime or reporting all the facts.
Old 08-03-2020, 01:33 AM   #516
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Burke roasted Maurice on SN tonight and said “thank God” the NHL still has players like Chucky.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 08:15 AM   #517
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Which intermission? During the first intermission of the Leafs game Brian Burke was brought on to give his take, and he stated that the League had confirmed there would be no discipline.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 08:20 AM   #518
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

LeBrun this morning:
Maurice is one of my favourite coaches in the league. He’s a terrific communicator. He respects the media and gives thoughtful answers. And I totally understand his anger in the moment.

But he’s wrong here. I just don’t see intent on this play no matter how many replays I watch.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SportsJunky For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2020, 09:26 AM   #519
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJoji View Post
Did anyone else notice that on Reider’s shorty, Ryan might’ve gotten away with an obstruction/interference call? Morrison went right to the ref after, arms up. Or was that just a savvy veteran play?
What Ryan did happens 20 times a game, and was not interference. All he did was get in front of Morrissey.

If he had grabbed him, or put a stick on him or anything of that nature, then 2 minutes for sure. But getting in front of Morrissey and then slowing down is Morrissey's problem, not his.

Also, Morrissey is slow.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 09:31 AM   #520
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
Which intermission? During the first intermission of the Leafs game Brian Burke was brought on to give his take, and he stated that the League had confirmed there would be no discipline.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
It was during the 2nd intermission in the Canucks wild game. I didn't watch the the Leafs game.