Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2018, 11:13 PM   #121
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Only have to worry about that if they give out a NMC, which they probably won't.
Flames have handed these out before. Depends entirely on the leverage of either side.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:21 PM   #122
Tbull8
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Gaudreau
Monahan
Tkachuk
Lindholm
Backlund
Bennett
Jankowski

Giordano
Brodie/Hamonic
Hanafin
So we'll likely lose one of Brodie, Hamonic, or Kulak. Not the end of the world.

Edit: I guess Andersson too
Tbull8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tbull8 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2018, 11:29 PM   #123
RedHawk12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I interpret Peters' comments in the OP to mean we're getting more of a veteran guy with proven PP success. Out of the names mentioned, I'd prefer Perron the most. I think he's going to be the cheapest to sign, he's another RHS and he has a bit of sandpaper to his game.

I'm going to guess something like 3 year, $12M will get it done. Anything higher and I'd pass. Even at $4M per I don't really like it, I just think that's what it'll take, at least. I think JVR is going to be too expensive ($6.5M range) and I'm not interested in Neal.

I'd rather sign a couple of guys like Frk or Czarnik, but I don't think that's what Peters is hinting at. Also the risk is, if Lindholm, Jankowski and Bennett don't take steps forward next year and we don't have another established scoring forward, we'd be in the same position as last year.

On the other hand, I think Tre might still be looking at trades. Maybe we can still get Stone out of Ottawa...
RedHawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedHawk12 For This Useful Post:
Vox
Old 06-24-2018, 11:29 PM   #124
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbull8 View Post
So we'll likely lose one of Brodie, Hamonic, or Kulak. Not the end of the world.

Edit: I guess Andersson too
Yeah. Forgot about Andersson
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:35 PM   #125
Icon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawk12 View Post

On the other hand, I think Tre might still be looking at trades. Maybe we can still get Stone out of Ottawa...
I'm hoping for this, but wondering what the cost is going to be. Another of our D prospects most likely as a start i presume... Dube/Mangiapane as well?

If we're truly looking to win now/soon, I think you do it. Stone on the top line and Lindholm on the second starts to really solidify our offense.
Icon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:37 PM   #126
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Flames have handed these out before. Depends entirely on the leverage of either side.
Not under Treliving's tenure they haven't. He has resisted in giving them to any of his major signings (Giordano, Backlund, Gaudreau, Monahan, Brouwer, Frolik, Brodie, Hamilton). The most he has given out are full NTCs.

I just don't see him giving one out when he could of easily given them to one of his core players.

If he does give one out, it will for a really special circumstance (Tavares)

Last edited by sureLoss; 06-25-2018 at 07:16 PM.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2018, 11:57 PM   #127
gamesaver
Scoring Winger

Exp:

So... it begins. My friend is a friend with someone who has played under Peters. Rumour is Canes players were thrilled when he was fired. His lineup management is total chaos, swaping lines all the time, juggling with players almost every game. Lindholm is said to have cold relations with our coach because of that. One time he was at center, the other at wing, going up and down the lineup without any pattern. Peters said after the trade Lindholm is versatile, well, I guess he doesnt like to be. This sounds like a total counterpart of GG, except using the same system... Well, if this is true, and i hope its not, we can be expecting another disappointning season.
gamesaver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gamesaver For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2018, 12:01 AM   #128
christoph186
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesaver View Post
So... it begins. My friend is a friend with someone who has played under Peters. Rumour is Canes players were thrilled when he was fired. His lineup management is total chaos, swaping lines all the time, juggling with players almost every game. Lindholm is said to have cold relations with our coach because of that. One time he was at center, the other at wing, going up and down the lineup without any pattern. Peters said after the trade Lindholm is versatile, well, I guess he doesnt like to be. This sounds like a total counterpart of GG, except using the same system... Well, if this is true, and i hope its not, we can be expecting another disappointning season.

I thought the GM got fired, and Peters opted out of his contract?
christoph186 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to christoph186 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2018, 12:04 AM   #129
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

^my brother in laws sisters best friend heard the same thing (and worse) while drinking an orange Julius waiting in line at the cell phone kiosk
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2018, 12:09 AM   #130
RedHawk12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
^my brother in laws sisters best friend heard the same thing (and worse) while drinking an orange Julius waiting in line at the cell phone kiosk
I guess we're hooped. Fire everybody.
RedHawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedHawk12 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2018, 12:09 AM   #131
handgroen
First Line Centre

Exp:

i don't think we'll see a signing, more trading i think if anything. maybe a bennett plus prospect for hayes out of a rebuilding rangers team. or some smaller player for player deal.

gaudreau - hayes - lindholm
tkachuk - monahan - backlund
mangiapane - jankowski - frolik

i would also be okay with standing pat with the lineup as i think that a steady diet of second line LW would work well for bennett and peters has already said he'll try tkachuk at RW.

gaudreau - monahan - lindholm
bennett - backlund - tkachuk
mangiapane - jankowski - frolik

is your cat doing singing?

Last edited by handgroen; 06-25-2018 at 12:12 AM.
handgroen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to handgroen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2018, 12:26 AM   #132
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2018, 12:29 AM   #133
UKflames
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Please dont sign some (nearly) 30 something player to a five year contract, having 2 Brouwers would be unbearable here by December
UKflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:13 AM   #134
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Not sure I like the idea of loading up the top line like that. I’d rather keep Tkachuk on the second line and have some scoring depth.
If you have 45 seconds left in a game where you're down by one, it's nice if your best three scorers have played together before.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SebC For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2018, 03:09 AM   #135
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This is disappointing to hear.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 04:32 AM   #136
SeanCharles
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
I wonder if they are not done with the trade market? I can see Bennett/Jankowski/Kylington/Stone being shopped for a top winger.
I wouldn't want to trade any of these players..
SeanCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:58 AM   #137
gamesaver
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
This is disappointing to hear.
Well I regret that i even posted it here now. As I said, its just a rumour, coming from someone who has played under him and is not anymore in the league. He can be pissed at Peters for whatever reason. HE just said the moment when you see him start experimenting with his lineup, you are done, because he is never finished.

Last edited by gamesaver; 06-25-2018 at 08:24 AM.
gamesaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 06:15 AM   #138
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Honestly, those corroborate a lot of just what canes fans said as well. I have a suspicion that we were in on skinne too but he didn't want to play under peters again.
Time will tell but I have been skeptical of the hire since it was announced. He doesn't have a record of success.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 06:50 AM   #139
Reign of Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
Honestly, those corroborate a lot of just what canes fans said as well. I have a suspicion that we were in on skinne too but he didn't want to play under peters again.
Time will tell but I have been skeptical of the hire since it was announced. He doesn't have a record of success.
But...but he won internationally

12 13 14 2 34
Reign of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:02 AM   #140
BigErnSalute_16
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Everyone is talking about Lindholm on the top line but I think I'd rather see him on the right wing with Backlund and push Frolik down to the third where his skills are more suitable. Maybe this is Bennett's chance to get some quality time with the top line

Bennett - Monahan - Gaudreau
Tkachuck - Backlund - Lindholm
*Mangiapane - Jankowski - Frolik
Foo- Shore - Lazar

* maybe someone like pageau on that third line left wing if they can get him in a deal with stone. Then Foo can begin the year in the AHL.

Bennett might finally have a good chance to break out and I like Lindholm with backlund because it keeps that line defensively responsible while adding some more offensive potential. Plus Lindholm can help out by taking some strong side faceoffs too.

Maybe Mangiapane and Janko could rekindle some chemistry with a safe and consistent player in Frolik on the other side.

As for the fourth line I'm actually really excited for Shore everything I've heard about him says he's underrated and good at creating chances for his linemates, so he might be able to help that fourth line, lazar especially, chip in a litle more consistently.

Then defence

Gio - Brodie
Hanifin - Hamonic
Kulak - Andersson

move out stone for what you can get.
BigErnSalute_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BigErnSalute_16 For This Useful Post: