Of course.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:47 AM   #782
jonkaupp
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
lol @ people who just think you put a rookie or Brodie in that spot and don't suffer a MASSIVE drop off. I would deal him for a "Taylor Hall" but not a penny less. I am almost certain Flames management agrees.
That long post about how Brodie can do his job and then talking about the defensive liability of Hamilton, who is 10 times better defensively than Brodie, was pretty hilarious to me.

The crap about Hamilton not being good defensively is total garbage. I’ll agree with the penalty’s issue, and he does make the odd mistake no doubt, but you don’t put up the insanely good possession metrics that Hamilton and Gio do unless BOTH players are doing their job very well. The thought that Brodie can just step in for Hamilton is really bad analysis.

The reason you can’t get a lot for Brodie in a trade is because Brodie just isn’t that good. Pretty simple. I sure hope he returns to his very brief stint of being in top form but I wouldn’t bet a dollar on it happening.
jonkaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonkaupp For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2018, 07:16 AM   #783
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think most of us would agree that Hamilton has his flaws. Whether that is due to him being a finished product or just an incomplete player remains to be seen, but the bottom line is you don't trade him now while he is cost controlled unless there is a massive overpay. It is when you are faced with being the team that pays him 8-9m per for 8 years that you think long and hard about a trade.
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:17 AM   #784
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone who thinks that brodie can replace what Hamilton brings at this point is hopeless to even argue with. They clearly haven't watched a game in two full seasons. 164 games of brodie suck and people still want to watch him on the top pairing? Lunacy.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2018, 12:04 PM   #785
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting reading some of the above takes from last April.

Seems many were ok with the idea of a trade of our most valuable asset on defence PROVIDED the return was there.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 12:15 PM   #786
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
Anyone who thinks that brodie can replace what Hamilton brings at this point is hopeless to even argue with. They clearly haven't watched a game in two full seasons. 164 games of brodie suck and people still want to watch him on the top pairing? Lunacy.
I’ve disliked Brodie’s defensive play as much as anyone but Dougie has not looked better at all in his own end without Gio.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 12:16 PM   #787
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
Okay smart guy, then who do you want him playing with? Hamonic? That duo didn’t work out. Hanifin? He just got here, not a good idea. Gio? Most likely, since he had chemistry prior to the acquisition of Dougie.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 12:26 PM   #788
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the most interesting thing about moving Dougie on is the disconnect on what he brought to the table in points, versus the overall influence he had on our results. Results wise, the Flames have gotten no better since adding Dougie and his seemingly franchise D-men like stats.

While I actually think the team has improved since our 2015 playoff appearance sans Dougie, results wise we’ve treaded water. Now, other things also changed that had huge impacts, so you can’t tie that all to Dougie of course, but I think it’s a huge reason why he was deemed expendable. While he has franchise D-man numbers I think even the biggest Dougie fans among us would have to admit those numbers never translated into franchise D-man impact, whether that be overall or even from an individual game by game basis. Of course maybe there’s something else to blame for that, but I do believe it played a role in his expend ability.
Cleveland Steam Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 01:14 PM   #789
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Interesting reading some of the above takes from last April.

Seems many were ok with the idea of a trade of our most valuable asset on defence PROVIDED the return was there.

Also a lot of people who insisted that trading him would be foolish and it wouldn’t happen are now able to say why it shouldn’t have happened even though it did.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote