Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum

Old 06-28-2018, 09:01 PM   #261
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Yeah, I'd like to see Stone moved in order to open a spot for Rasmus, but I can't see Treliving doing that. It's not how he operates. If he moves Stone then he will have moved out 3 RHD in one off season, and if Rasmus struggles there is no safety net. I think Stone will remain a Flame at least into part of next season to see how Rasmus does. Maybe even one more entire season.
So if Rasmus playes well are they sitting Kulak in the press box? I hope not as I think he has room to grow and could end up a cheap home grown Vet on the 3rd pair.

It's a good problem to have, but at some point the team needs to cycle young guys in and move out vets before they lose their value. It's a bit risky, but we have 4 solid Vets right now, I think having 3 is probably fine.
Moneyhands23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:03 PM   #262
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
When does the buyout window end? Sadly it seems more and more unlikely the Flames pull the trigger on getting out from under Brouwer's contract.

I get that it can stay on the book another year and not be a big deal but I'm of the opinion he drags down any line-mates he's paired with and fully feel it would be an addition by subtraction measure.
June 30 is the last day for the regular buyout window.

A 2nd buyout window can open up after salary arbitration.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2018, 09:06 PM   #263
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
So if Rasmus playes well are they sitting Kulak in the press box? I hope not as I think he has room to grow and could end up a cheap home grown Vet on the 3rd pair.

It's a good problem to have, but at some point the team needs to cycle young guys in and move out vets before they lose their value. It's a bit risky, but we have 4 solid Vets right now, I think having 3 is probably fine.
Yeah, but we have to remember, having everybody healthy at the same time is pretty rare.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:20 PM   #264
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Buy out window ends on the 30th, guessing around 11AM Calgary time (mid day anyway)

If Ryan is done, and they feel good about another forward acquisition I think they buy him out. If they don't, they don't as they're better off riding out this season.

Moving Stone won't be difficult if they have to make space though, he has value.
Bingo is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2018, 10:30 PM   #265
Freeway
Franchise Player

Exp:

Players have to be on unconditional waivers by 10am of the 30th to be bought out.

"Does a great job covering the Flames" - Elliotte Friedman
Freeway is offline   Reply With Quote