Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2018, 11:30 AM   #141
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Well firstly, good news, PUBG and BF1 have remakably similar shooting mechanics.

Best advice I can offer is the element of surprise is your best weapon.
The biggest difference is there is absolutely no aim assist in PUBG.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:40 AM   #142
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finished #2 last night died to a hacker on top of a mountain just shooting in my direction head shotted me checked the deathcam and he was just randomly firing God that's a piss off what's the point of cheating in that game. Anyways I reported him not that it will do much. Also me and a team mate got headshotted in 2 shots by a guy with a red dot sight from 200 m away. They really need to start vac banning the cheaters instead of just making them buy another copy
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:17 PM   #143
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Finished #2 last night died to a hacker on top of a mountain just shooting in my direction head shotted me checked the deathcam and he was just randomly firing God that's a piss off what's the point of cheating in that game. Anyways I reported him not that it will do much. Also me and a team mate got headshotted in 2 shots by a guy with a red dot sight from 200 m away. They really need to start vac banning the cheaters instead of just making them buy another copy
VAC/Steam-wide bans can only be issued by Valve, not 3rd party developers.

They are taking hackers seriously though, they have been reportedly banned ~6,000 hackers every day, and have banned a total 1.5 million accounts as of a week ago.

Seems like they are doing everything they can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:18 PM   #144
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
The biggest difference is there is absolutely no aim assist in PUBG.
Aim assist is only available to PC users playing on a controller, in which case you're going to get owned anyway.

Quote:
Old 01-03-2018, 12:52 PM   #145
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNumbers View Post
Just got PUBG for PC, but pretty sure I'll get murdered quickly. Any good youtube videos I can watch on the game, to ensuresure I am not a total noob? Something with some basic strategy and gameplay suggestions, etc?

Any CP squads out there? I usually play the battlefield games, but no one in my PC squad is into PUBG for some reason...
When I was first starting I really enjoyed this guy's feeds and instructional videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8O...FtJrE_C-xXN6QA

Feel free to add me on steam: Dyck Marvelous

There's a few of us from CP on here and I'd gladly play some matches with you - unless you rage - then it's friends off. LOL
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 02:01 PM   #146
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Aim assist is only available to PC users playing on a controller, in which case you're going to get owned anyway.
Not true I play with a steam controller and actually prefer it over keyboard and mouse even without aim assist the steam controller is surprisingly easy to customize to the point where resting my finger on the touchpad enables the gyro function which in my opinion is just as effective as a mouse.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:04 PM   #147
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is it ok if I add you coy
The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2018, 02:04 PM   #148
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo View Post
is it ok if i add you coy
100%
Old 01-03-2018, 02:11 PM   #149
mivdo
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I downloaded pubg a few days ago. I haven't played a fps in years let alone a third person. First few rounds found a gun and started running around trying to kill anyone i could find. Needless to say, did not work out.

I got to #12 being more cautious and stealthy. If you can find a decent weapon, you can wait, engage another player when the radiuses get smaller and loot them. Seemed to be a safer strategy than running from building to building exposing yourself.
mivdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 02:21 PM   #150
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Not true I play with a steam controller and actually prefer it over keyboard and mouse even without aim assist the steam controller is surprisingly easy to customize to the point where resting my finger on the touchpad enables the gyro function which in my opinion is just as effective as a mouse.
You do you man! I just know that in the few instances of online FPS/TPS PC/console cross play, controller/console users usually get wasted.

That said, HID are very person-specific. I still know a guy who plays with a trackball.

Quote:
Old 01-03-2018, 02:24 PM   #151
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You do you man! I just know that in the few instances of online FPS/TPS PC/console cross play, controller/console users usually get wasted.

That said, HID are very person-specific. I still know a guy who plays with a trackball.
Yeah I grew up playing console so to me keyboard just feels awkward af but trackball now that is crazy
Old 01-03-2018, 08:02 PM   #152
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Man I love the new map. It's a lot more vertical than I was expecting which adds a nice element. Even sitting on rooftops can be risky since quite a few towns are recessed into canyons. Game runs a lot smoother too.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:07 AM   #153
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finished #1 and #2 back to back last night in 2-Man Squads again. Top 5% right now. Itchy to play more...

Quote:
Old 01-04-2018, 11:19 AM   #154
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

One thing about PUBG is the weapons learning curve, don’t get discouraged if you aren’t killing everything or anything you shoot at. I suggest landing in or just outside highly populated drop zones and finding battles to get used to the gunplay. You will never get better by avoiding people and hiding your way into a top 10 situation, if that is your playstyle then by all means do it but get better at the guns also for the times you need to fight.

For some reason most of my kills come from the Ump on single shot, something about that gun just gels with me, also the Winnie early on for easy headshot kills.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:27 AM   #155
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

H1Z1 was the game I played before this and feel free to judge but I let my 6yo play with me. I used it as a learning tool to learn to read maps, strategy, and well that’s about it for learning. He ranked platinum in multiple seasons putting himself in the top 15% of players and he did it all by surviving, he loves hiding and avoiding fights and knowing to anticipate the gas (blue in PUBG). People may not like players that do this but in the end it’s a survival game and however you can that’s how you do it. One of the best things about these types of games is how many different ways you can play it.

Also a cartoony version with building but free is Fortnite so check that out, and Mobile games are amazing in this genre, check out Rules of Survival for a surprisingly good mobile battle royale game. (Knives Out is another but haven’t played enough to recommend)
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 03:37 PM   #156
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Got my first Solo Chicken Dinner last night on Xbox, man does it feel good to get the first one out of the way.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2018, 10:26 AM   #157
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was playing duo last night on na server we were in the final 4 and were shot through the wall by a cheater checked deathcam and sure enough he just aimed for the wall and killed us. So we decided to go to the as server because apparently less cheating and it was much more enjoyable we played 4 matches in duo and won 2 I think it may be because our ranking in as server is top 44 percent where in na server my rank is top 1.8 percent
Old 01-08-2018, 06:19 PM   #158
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

My son, 11, just got this for the Xbox so I bought a copy too and we were playing together over the weekend. Two xboxes in the bonus room and Mom out for the night was an amazing evening. The game is broken AF, but who cares when its this much fun.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:38 PM   #159
RedMan12
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

xjedimindx is my steam name. Add I am always down for some PUBG

You lack rawness, you lack passion, you couldn't make it through war without rations.

RedMan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:59 PM   #160
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

ermgergerd. servers too busy for anyone else?
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote