Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #61
Jordan!
Jordan!

Exp:

Offline tournaments are so boring initially.. rookie? seriously? ughhh

My team is pretty epic so far. I'll try to post it later.

If anyone has a Wolski i've got 1000 pucks in it for ya!

My steals so far are Knuble (1200) Doan (1200) and Ray Whitney (1000)
Jordan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #62
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

My steal so far was khabibulin for 850
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:55 PM   #63
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
My steal so far was khabibulin for 850
How many pucks does it cost you to bail him out of jail?
red sky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to red sky For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #64
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am way to impatient for this playing sooo many games... I keep getting beat on online games. I am so close to dropping some psn cash on packs. I justcant bring myself to buy them...
Old 09-15-2010, 03:28 PM   #65
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

the minute i start debating buying packs is the minute i will have to give up hut mode.

however i am with you guys. it sucks playing so many tournaments on easy. the problem is there doesn't seem to be a big enough pucks increase to make the harder tournaments worth it.

i played pretty hard core over the weekend, however getting some crappy packs really ruined my momentum. it was depressing dropping 2500 hard earned pucks for a pack that had a rare i could have bought easily for 200 or 250 in the market. i think if i got lucky and pulled a valuable card that i could trade might help.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:35 PM   #66
sclitheroe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post
Ya there seems to be a lot of last minute goals, and quick goals after goals as well for me
I believe this to be their implementation of momentum. Killing off a penalty will increase scoring for a few minutes going the other way too.

You can actually hear changes in momentum via the announcers I think - they will mention something about a penalty kill sparking offense, and that’s when you know you have that advantage. They mention other little things too like needing to get back into the game quickly (eg. your goal after goal scenario) that give subtle hints as to when you have an edge in scoring.

Last edited by sclitheroe; 09-15-2010 at 04:14 PM.
sclitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:18 PM   #67
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
the minute i start debating buying packs is the minute i will have to give up hut mode.

however i am with you guys. it sucks playing so many tournaments on easy. the problem is there doesn't seem to be a big enough pucks increase to make the harder tournaments worth it.

i played pretty hard core over the weekend, however getting some crappy packs really ruined my momentum. it was depressing dropping 2500 hard earned pucks for a pack that had a rare i could have bought easily for 200 or 250 in the market. i think if i got lucky and pulled a valuable card that i could trade might help.
I was feeling like that too. I would play 2 or 3 Bronze cups just to buy a pack, and then get all contract cards. Or the rare player I get is some 69 overall low potential LW from the Swedish elite league.

Then I had two AMAZING packs in a row. One had Gio and the other....Iggy!

This is certainly a love/hate mode. Getting disconnected after leading for 2 periods in a finals game certainly doesn't scream replayability. And unless I can start assembling some teams for different tournaments I am going to get very tired playing over and over for low puck return.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:44 AM   #68
Artie Fufkin
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Thanks everyone who posted here. It has been very helpful. Cheers!
Artie Fufkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:10 AM   #69
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Check out the store @ 6 PM MST for a special. Jumbo Premium Packs.

As I said in the main NHL 11 thread, I have no clue what this means. More rares, more cards, lower price....I don't know. Apparently there are a limited number of these and it's only for a limited time.

Hopefully you can use real cash as I am out of pucks.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Old 09-16-2010, 11:53 AM   #70
pria(kin)16
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Does anybody know how long DNF negative multiplier will affect my puck bonuses? Thanks to a couple disconnects, including in a tourney final, its something like 1.2 and it doesn't seem to be going down. Any info is appreciated.
pria(kin)16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:44 PM   #71
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pria(kin)16 View Post
Does anybody know how long DNF negative multiplier will affect my puck bonuses? Thanks to a couple disconnects, including in a tourney final, its something like 1.2 and it doesn't seem to be going down. Any info is appreciated.
The DNF thing should go up as you complete games. Although the highest I have been able to get it (playing offline) is 1.2 . I had one disconnect and it dropped to 1.17 or something....two games later I was right back to 1.2 .

-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Old 09-16-2010, 02:44 PM   #72
Lithium
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I got disconnected once so far, right when I got a jumbo pack and it was about to be opened.

Re-connected and the server tells me that it's going to open the pack right now. The cards reveal themselves, and I put them all in my collection. Game tells me I got another pack to open! Both contained absolute garbage, but still free pack of cards is a free pack of cards.
Lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:26 PM   #73
TopChed
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Wow... I am playing in a tournament right now against the Czech team.. It's only on pro difficulty and I have Peter Budaj in my net. Czech team through the first period? 1:12 time on attack, 3 shots, annnd 3 goals. It's beyond frustrating to dominate so much and then lose because your tender can't make a simple save on an outside shot.

I went out and got an NHL goalie because I thought that was the problem, but even that hasn't changed things. I guess I need to allow fewer shots somehow..
TopChed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:57 PM   #74
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

anybody know what the premium jumbo pack was?

edit: eek ... from the ea boards:

Quote:
I told myself I'd never, ever pay real money for packs. But I heard about this limited edition packs thing, expecting it to be a "special offer," to find it's 15,000 ea pucks. WTF? So for $3 I say oh what the hell, it's "premium" so I'll get some exciting cards, load $5 on and buy one... Thanks for reminding me why I'll never ever spend real money for the game... My 8 rares are 4 head coaches, a Honda jersey I don't want, and 3 contract cards... Seriously? And the player cards are half 58-65 with only 3 guys over 70 and none 80.

Nice con!

Last edited by Russic; 09-16-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:41 PM   #75
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I saw a thing today when I was playing that said there was a special offer at 8 eastern, guessing it was that
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #76
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I threw about $10 down on the premiums.

Not worth it. Especially with pucks.

Although I did get Bryan Cameron.

-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Old 09-16-2010, 09:17 PM   #77
Finny61
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Finally got around to buying a standard pack, takes forever to save. Anyways, my 3rd NHLer joins the team...Cory Sarich.
Finny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:08 PM   #78
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

just got toskala out of a peewee pack. anyone interested?
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:19 PM   #79
K1LLswitch
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Just picked up a Backlund for 1250 pucks - thought that was a good steal. Used 4 of my rare training cards and now he is an 86, and still have 5 more training slots :-)

Got a lowball bid on Chuko to try to bump up his line chemistry. Line 1 = NHL, Line 2 = AHL, Line 3&4 = matching euro leagues.
I am 9-2 thus far...really enjoying this mode. Will probably never use pucks on a pack again though - can really get decent NHL players for lowball bids late at night or Sat afternoon.
K1LLswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:20 PM   #80
K1LLswitch
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Oh, meant to ask - does anyone know what happens if someone retires? Can you just buy them again, or is that player stuck in your collection.

Can you field 2 of the same player on a team?
K1LLswitch is offline   Reply With Quote