Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 01:37 PM   #122
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltaGuy View Post
Oh yeah, totally...

This action is likely covered as not being criminal based on Barr’s statement of the Miueller report.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 01:38 PM   #123
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkMasterFlame View Post
Oh please. Trump facetiously asked in a public speech for the Russians to "hack" the 30,000 emails that Hillary herself deleted during the middle of an active investigation into her abuse of a private email server. He was making a point about Hillarys blatant corruption, as those 30,000 emails have still never seen the light of day.

The double-standard is breathtaking. I can't even imagine the (rightful) howls of outrage had it been Trump the one actively obstructing Muellers investigation by deleting tens of thousands of emails that had been previously subpoenaed.
Did you just say Hillary blatant corruption in a post admonishing someone for being over zealous against Trump?
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2019, 01:42 PM   #124
Iggy City
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Are you telling me Buttery Emails are back?
Iggy City is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iggy City For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2019, 01:49 PM   #125
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Did you just say Hillary blatant corruption in a post admonishing someone for being over zealous against Trump?
What are they gonna do when she dies? Probably still go after her as we've seen from McCain.
Old 03-29-2019, 01:53 PM   #126
MelBridgeman
Franchise Player

Exp:

What is the most likely explanation? Out of all the lies, half truths, trolling, exaggerations and taking credit for everything - that is the one thing to take literally and equate it to treason .. to me that sounds like trolling the media again.
MelBridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 01:59 PM   #127
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Old 03-29-2019, 01:59 PM   #128
aaronck
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Her Emails are with Trump's tax returns and medical records, in the room he sat in for his interview with Muller which is in one of the top 10 floors of Trump tower that don't exist. He's great.
aaronck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aaronck For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2019, 02:06 PM   #129
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

Quote:
This action is likely covered as not being criminal based on Barr’s statement of the Miueller report.
Yeah - I was just pointing out the ridiculousness of calling him a "patriot", or even "patriotic" for that matter.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AltaGuy For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 03-29-2019, 02:08 PM   #130
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

Quote:
Oh please. Trump facetiously asked in a public speech for the Russians to "hack" the 30,000 emails that Hillary herself deleted during the middle of an active investigation into her abuse of a private email server. He was making a point about Hillarys blatant corruption, as those 30,000 emails have still never seen the light of day.

The double-standard is breathtaking. I can't even imagine the (rightful) howls of outrage had it been Trump the one actively obstructing Muellers investigation by deleting tens of thousands of emails that had been previously subpoenaed.
Yes, double-standard indeed. Meanwhile, I heard Kushner's still WhatsApp-ing away...
The Following User Says Thank You to AltaGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2019, 02:31 PM   #131
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1111710488172339201

https://twitter.com/user/status/1111711431727214592

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 02:32 PM   #132
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Put me in the camp that’s utterly shocked the conservative posters are coming out of the woodwork to proclaim from the mountaintops that this is 100% over and the sitting president is cleared of any and all wrongdoing. Add in some dubious right wing think pieces and some buttery males and this party is really ready to start.

Anyone being realistic about this always knew this was how it would go. Mueller was never going to suggest charges against a sitting president, the concept of “collusion” was a water muddying tactic that worked, and the republicans in the government were always going to protect their brand. The more interesting part of this is watching the rank hypocrisy from his supporters to dismiss all of this as nothing more than basic politics or a left wing witch hunt. Schiff’s response was spot on but it will be ignored by those who need to hear it. Ah well can’t win em all.

Super excited to see how trump handles 2020. My money is on him losing the election and refusing to peacefully give up power. Will be curious to see if the court system allows what will be his blatant power grab to try and invalidate an election actually pass. Seriously interesting times we live in.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2019, 03:14 PM   #133
FunkMasterFlame
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Barr announced today that he expects to be finished reviewing the Mueller report by mid-April, and plans to release it with minimal redactions. Boy, that sounds familiar!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia/u-s-attorney-general-barr-will-release-redacted-copy-of-mueller-report-by-mid-april-idUSKCN1RA2CN

Quote:
U.S. Attorney General William Barr plans to issue a redacted copy of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s nearly 400-page investigative report into Russian interference in the 2016 election by mid-April, he said in a letter to lawmakers on Friday. “Everyone will soon be able to read it on their own,” Barr wrote in the letter to the top Democrats and Republicans on the Senate and House Judiciary committees.

He said he is willing to appear before both committees to testify about Mueller’s report on May 1 and May 2.

Quote:
Barr said in his letter on Friday that certain information must be redacted before the report is release, including secret grand jury information, intelligence sources and methods and information that by law cannot be public or might infringe on privacy.

He said that while Trump has the right to assert executive privilege on some materials, that “Trump has stated publicly that he intends to defer to me.” Because of that, he said, there are no plans for the Justice Department to submit the report to the White House for a privilege review.
FunkMasterFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 03:15 PM   #134
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bunch o' scumbags.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...en-act-814295/

Quote:
The National Rifle Association is preparing to punish lawmakers for voting to protect women from their stalkers and domestic abusers.

The gun lobby announced this week that it will dock its grades for politicians who vote to renew the Violence Against Women Act. The legislation, first passed in 1994, is up for reauthorization this session — augmented by a provision that could give law enforcement officials the power to confiscate guns from men who hurt or menace women.

NRA spokesperson Jennifer Baker told the National Journal that this “red-flag” provision — intended to protect women against gun violence from men who are exhibiting violent or dangerous behaviors — is an unacceptable encroachment on individual gun ownership rights.
Quote:
The NRA’s call to vote down the Violence Against Women Act could help some Republicans justify their opposition to the landmark legislation, though it could also wrongfoot some GOP moderates who are now forced to choose between protecting their female constituents and maintaining their A-rating from the fearsome gun lobby, the loss of which can invite a primary challenge.
Quote:
The case for stripping domestic abusers of their guns is powerful. An abused woman is five times more likely to be killed if the abuser is a gun-owner. When a domestic violence assault involves a firearm, it is 12 times more likely to end in the death of the victim. Laws like the red-flag provision proposed for VAWA save lives: In states adopting laws permitting confiscation of firearms from domestic abusers, intimate partner homicides have dropped by 7 percent.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 03:22 PM   #135
AltaGuy

Exp:

Quote:
He said that while Trump has the right to assert executive privilege on some materials, that “Trump has stated publicly that he intends to defer to me.” Because of that, he said, there are no plans for the Justice Department to submit the report to the White House for a privilege review.
I intend to make it public, but if I don't it wasn't me, and it wasn't the president, but if he wants to assert executive privilege, he can, and it won't be released. Again, however, that won't be me, or the president. And much of it will be redacted when it is released - how much I can't say - but some of it at least, for these fifteen possible reasons and possibly more.

Sounds like a slam-dunk to be released. Gloating isn't premature at all.

Last edited by AltaGuy; 03-29-2019 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-29-2019, 03:33 PM   #136
FunkMasterFlame
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltaGuy View Post
I intend to make it public, but if I don't it wasn't me, and it wasn't the president, but if he wants to assert executive privilege, he can, and it won't be released. Again, however, that won't be me, or the president. And much of it will be redacted when it is released - how much I can't say - but some of it at least, for these fifteen possible reasons and possibly more.

Sounds like a slam-dunk to be released. Gloating isn't premature at all.

And you accuse me of making straw man arguments lol

Barr specifically stated he will be releasing the report with minimal redactions in a couple of weeks, without submitting it for White House privilege review, and will follow up with hearings in front of both houses of Congress.

Not sure how much more transparent he can be.
FunkMasterFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 03:34 PM   #137
MelBridgeman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Put me in the camp that’s utterly shocked the conservative posters are coming out of the woodwork to proclaim from the mountaintops that this is 100% over and the sitting president is cleared of any and all wrongdoing. Add in some dubious right wing think pieces and some buttery males and this party is really ready to start.

Anyone being realistic about this always knew this was how it would go. Mueller was never going to suggest charges against a sitting president, the concept of “collusion” was a water muddying tactic that worked, and the republicans in the government were always going to protect their brand. The more interesting part of this is watching the rank hypocrisy from his supporters to dismiss all of this as nothing more than basic politics or a left wing witch hunt. Schiff’s response was spot on but it will be ignored by those who need to hear it. Ah well can’t win em all.

Super excited to see how trump handles 2020. My money is on him losing the election and refusing to peacefully give up power. Will be curious to see if the court system allows what will be his blatant power grab to try and invalidate an election actually pass. Seriously interesting times we live in.
what will he do? Lock himself in the Oval Office with some guns? That is a extraordinary claim, which we all know requires extraordinary evidence.

the rest is just a typical stock answer
MelBridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MelBridgeman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2019, 03:35 PM   #138
AltaGuy

Exp:

Quote:
And you accuse me of making straw man arguments lol

Barr specifically stated he will be releasing the report with minimal redactions in a couple of weeks, without submitting it for White House privilege review, and will follow up with hearings in front of both houses of Congress.

Not sure how much more transparent he can be.
Again - I hope you're right and it's released with little redaction.
Old 03-29-2019, 03:46 PM   #139
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I wonder if there is any possible chance Trump might lie, I know presidents usually don't, but I've heard he has lied before, about his taxes maybe and a couple of other things.
Old 03-29-2019, 03:57 PM   #140
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Barr announced today that he expects to be finished reviewing the Mueller report by mid-April, and plans to release it with minimal redactions. Boy, that sounds familiar!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia/u-s-attorney-general-barr-will-release-redacted-copy-of-mueller-report-by-mid-april-idUSKCN1RA2CN
House Democrats say they will subpeona the report with a Tuesday deadline. Failure to comply with a Congressional Subpeona will result in a referral to the DOJ, which is headed by AG William Barr. Gotta love how the American system works.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/de...ine-2019-03-29
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote