Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-26-2019, 12:21 PM   #2061
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Foden seems the logical replacement.
so they'll obviously buy some Portuguese or Spaniard for huge money instead.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 12:25 PM   #2062
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sky says ndombele is done, major signing, poch basically had to play around our midfield last year, ndombele is such a monster

Most take ons, tackles, and fouls won in ligue 1, and he isnt a slouch going forward

Thoughy for sure he was going to city

Jack Clarke from leeds was seen in london and is supposedly taking his medical as well

Now can move the focus to lo celso when Copa finishes and sessegnon
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 12:27 PM   #2063
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

If orny is right, and he is tier 1 so he is, arsenals budget being 45m is an absolute joke for the amount of money they charge the fans
Old 06-26-2019, 01:02 PM   #2064
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
If orny is right, and he is tier 1 so he is, arsenals budget being 45m is an absolute joke for the amount of money they charge the fans
Kroenke is cash poor right now with the LA Stadium. I mean that's undoubtedly the excuse. Arsenal fans praying for Man City to get CL banned ASAP.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:04 PM   #2065
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
he always is.

that's 45m net though, right? Because Torreira apparently wants to go back to Italy and there might be other sales too, so surely that would give them additional funds ... I mean, Kroenke is cheap, but that'd be a new low even for him.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:27 PM   #2066
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
he always is.

that's 45m net though, right? Because Torreira apparently wants to go back to Italy and there might be other sales too, so surely that would give them additional funds ... I mean, Kroenke is cheap, but that'd be a new low even for him.
I read it as 45 plus what sales raise, so some additional for sure

Just screams so cheap to me, when they need to rebuild probably half the squad, to only have 45m as the base

I'd sell PEA for sure this summer, dont think his value goes up anytime in the future

Even with him being cash poor cause of the LA stadium, a club of arsenals size, and their revenue, being limited to a number that in todays prices is worth either a semi proven youngster a la AWB, or a decent player in his prime, just crazy stuff

That's the number is expect out of a mid table team
Old 06-26-2019, 01:35 PM   #2067
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ornstein just said that De Ligt only has one "acceptable" offer on the table right now, and that's from United - but he doesn't want to go there.

Fully understandable, but man, this one stings.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:04 PM   #2068
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd be curious as to what an "acceptable" offer is. Probably north of £200,000 a week I'd guess.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:13 AM   #2069
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

News this morning (well rumour to be fair) is that Spurs have added Dani Ceballos on a season long loan with an option to buy.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:09 AM   #2070
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

and NDombele all but wrapped up. Not bad at all! Good for Spurs fans to see Levy really open his chequebook for a change ... should at least cement their place as the third best team in the league next season.

Arsenal are trying hard to get Wilfried Zaha, but Palace are having none of it. Ornstein reports that Arsenal made a bid of 40m, but Palace value him at 80m ... and the fact that 25% of the fee would go to United doesn't help. Zaha wants to force the move, but Arsenal don't have a lot of money to spend this summer. Can't see this happen right now.

Meanwhile, United have bid 70m for Harry Maguire, also according to the BBC. Maguire wants the move and Leicester are aware of it, but want a bit more. City also still sniffing around.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:54 AM   #2071
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I think Zaha will probably go just because he's a pretty emotional guy and he's trying to kick down the door, he was a childhood Arsenal fan apparently. Could see them forcing him to stay too as his deal has 3 or 4 years to run but I don't think it will end happily. Frankly I think he's massively under rated by Arsenal fans reading their thoughts on pricing, because he "only" scored 10 goals and 10 assists as a winger at Palace - the guy was double or triple teamed his whole career there, he's one of the most dynamic players in the EPL and I think he is going to destroy on a team with other legitimate threats moving forward where the other team's D can't key in on him.

If I had to guess I'd bet they'll accept a couple player swap and cash in the end, there's been rumors of their interest in 3 Arsenal players and it would get them around the United sell on clause to an extent, though I think it would take a younger player or two with promise not just a a handful of old guys who didn't make the cut like Jenkinson. Someone like Reiss Nelson was in the rumors and that would make a lot more sense. Or if not, Arsenal should focus on someone who is within their budget.

It's too bad of all the guys pushing to leave this summer that it's been Aaron and Zaha, two of the club's own but at least they'll end up with 100 million pounds give or take. If only somebody would take Benteke now financially they would be laughing...

Last edited by Matty81; 07-02-2019 at 10:16 AM.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 10:17 AM   #2072
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah but how sweet is it that we just made our record signing in Ndombele and they're not able to afford Zaha.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:19 AM   #2073
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lyon have just confirmed the Ndombele deal. €60m up front and €10m in add-ons. Congrats!
Old 07-02-2019, 10:30 AM   #2074
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spurs have just confirmed this as well. I think we got a little lucky with the timing here as some of the club's that would normally beat us to Ndombele were banned, some were preoccupied with FFP or spent their money elsewhere. Everything just came together for us here and I'm definitely pumped to have him. He looks like a younger, hopefully more fit, Mousa Dembele. If we manage to add a player like Lo Celso or Ceballos as well that should see the midfield set or at least a lot better than where we were this year. Sissoko has come into his own here, but Wanyama and Winks were regularly injured, Dier is a bit of a different role (and some feel he'd be better as a CB).

Anyway, Spurs are final finished their self-imposed transfer ban, and it's great!
Old 07-02-2019, 11:12 AM   #2075
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Very happy for it, hes a perfect fit for the position needed most

Still need another attacking option, a new right back, and another attacking mid

Hopefully lo celso gets done after argentina are finished with copa
Old 07-03-2019, 08:53 AM   #2076
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
what happened with the sheikh takeover there?
Turns out he's a feikh
Winsor_Pilates is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2019, 08:39 AM   #2077
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Chelsea have appointed club legend and all-time top scorer Frank Lampard as their new head coach.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/chelsea/...mpard-as-coach

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 09:06 AM   #2078
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

I received The Club as a gift recently, and I am really enjoying it. If the business and history of top-tier English soccer is of interest to you, I really recommend this. It's very well written.

https://www.amazon.ca/Club-English-P...15059227&psc=1
Old 07-05-2019, 10:24 AM   #2079
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1147174888769241088

a strike will be next, I imagine.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:35 AM   #2080
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

If I'm United of course I want to get rid of him.

He hasnt been playing well, the fact that he doesnt want to be there and everyone knows it doesnt bode well for his performance improving, etc.

But hes really being a child about the whole thing. The absolute very least he could do is shut up so United could at least get something for him instead of every club on the face of the earth knowing they're over a barrel and then lowballing them.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote