Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 04:44 PM   #6561
John Doe
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by genetic_phreek View Post
Would love Chris Kreider but he has a modified NTC so we might be on that list.....
I have a question about NTC’s. Are they set in stone or are they more fluid, as in they change throughout the contract at the whim of the player? If it is the latter case I could see the Flames being a much more attractive team than they used to be.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:45 PM   #6562
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckedoff View Post
What about a guy like Andreas Athanasiou?...
"Happytoseeyou!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2019, 04:49 PM   #6563
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doe View Post
I have a question about NTC’s. Are they set in stone or are they more fluid, as in they change throughout the contract at the whim of the player? If it is the latter case I could see the Flames being a much more attractive team than they used to be.
It depends.

A lot of them have to be submitted by a certain date. Some can be submitted within a certain time of a team requesting the list.

All depends on how it was negotiated and written into the contract.

In either case, nothing says the player can't accept a trade to a place on his no trade list.

So for example even if Kreider had Calgary on his no trade list back in July, he might still waive it for the Flames now if the Rangers asked him to.

Last edited by sureLoss; 01-09-2019 at 04:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2019, 05:16 PM   #6564
cdnsir
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman View Post
We should stick to the new NHL team model which is
Big.
Strong.
FAST.

Players that won't be worn down mentally or physically from a hard checking, hard hitting, hard skating 7 game series.

I like the suggestion of Chris Krieder
Love how the new NHL is modeled after all physical sports since cavemen threw rocks for fun.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:21 PM   #6565
Bourque's Twin
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Jack View Post
-20 in just 29 games .. I think there are better options than Zuccarello personally.
Backlund was a -21 last season. I think his acquisition cost will be low and a chance at a cup, playing with Tkachuk could be the perfect motivator. Zucs is a great player.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:47 PM   #6566
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

McKenzie on Simmonds next deal:

https://www.nicholsonhockey.com/arch...ns-of-interest

Quote:
“The expectation is if he goes to market he’s going to get at least five years, maybe more, and perhaps $6 million a year or more. And again, it could be a long term for less AAV, or it could be a shorter term for higher AAV. But in any case, it might be difficult for the Flyers to get in on that type of contract.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:50 PM   #6567
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
There's a lot to like about Simmonds, but a lot of red flags too.

I'd be thrilled if we could add him as a low cost rental, but wouldn't want to commit to him with a contract. I'm also guessing the realistic rental would be too pricey to make it worthwhile.

I'd rather try and reacquire Ferland if we're looking to rent a scoring power forward. If we get priced out of the top tier of rental players, Maroon is an obvious backup plan for many reasons. We were interested in the summer by all accounts, and he'd be quite cheap to acquire comparatively. But obviously the positive impacts he brings is significantly smaller, but I could still see the benefit in a playoff run.

Or the alternative that's been mentioned recently I could see is Chris Kreider. He's a POS, and a decent goal scorer with speed. He's only 27, so re-signing him wouldn't be out of the question either. Plus he has that history with Gaudreau so there might be a justification for him signing with us as well. But he's actually having a great year already, 20G + 12A through 42 games. So he's probably pricey too, but if we re-sign him the cost could be justified.

Last edited by AC; 01-09-2019 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:54 PM   #6568
bigpete
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Cam Talbot for a 3rd.

Mark Stone for a 1st and Mangiapane.

Sign Iginla for spot duty on the 4th line. Similar to how Nashville brought back Mike Fisher out of retirement for a playoff run.

Hello Stanley Cup.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:56 PM   #6569
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpete View Post
Cam Talbot for a 3rd.

Mark Stone for a 1st and Mangiapane.

Sign Iginla for spot duty on the 4th line. Similar to how Nashville brought back Mike Fisher out of retirement for a playoff run.

Hello Stanley Cup.
Uggh, and here I was hoping that retirement would finally end the bring Iggy back posts.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:57 PM   #6570
bigpete
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Uggh, and here I was hoping that retirement would finally end the bring Iggy back posts.
Haha well I was 99% joking.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigpete For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2019, 06:05 PM   #6571
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Athanasiou has taken an enormous step this season. Highly doubt Detroit deals him, they likely value him very highly.
They would probably be more likely to trade Mantha IMO.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:09 PM   #6572
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think prices are going to be ridiculous at the deadline. I love the idea of adding a Duchene or Schenn but I don't want the organization to pay what it will take and I wouldn't want Dutch as a rental only. I think the smart play is to ship out a small price for Kronwall and that is all.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:10 PM   #6573
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I think prices are going to be ridiculous at the deadline. I love the idea of adding a Duchene or Schenn but I don't want the organization to pay what it will take and I wouldn't want Dutch as a rental only. I think the smart play is to ship out a small price for Kronwall and that is all.
Honestly, I don't like Kronwall as a player at this point his career anymore... but he also has that ability to step up and deliver one of his huge hits and turn a series by catching the right player with his head down.

If the cost was low, I'd be OK with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2019, 06:24 PM   #6574
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

It’s Eklund so take it for what it’s worth

Link

Quote:
According to a trusted source...the NY Rangers are mulling over a great offer from the Calgary Flames for Mats Zuccarello....more to come...
Old 01-09-2019, 06:31 PM   #6575
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

zucarrello is the type of guy that would help; brings some scoring and speed to the bottom six... not sure if he plays on the PP, but anyone is worth a try at this point.

Even though its Eklund, the "great offer" part is a bit concerning for a guy like Zucarerello...

i know its all for fun, but the idea Calgary would trade for Stone, Duchene, Schenn are all pretty far fetched. No way those happen without losing a core piece of your team...that's a high roster player plus a 1st as a starting point

Last edited by oldschoolcalgary; 01-09-2019 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:34 PM   #6576
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Jack View Post
It’s Eklund so take it for what it’s worth

Link
trusted source = CP: Trade Speculation and Rumours Thread
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2019, 07:06 PM   #6577
Bunk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Zuccarello is more of a set up guy than a scorer, no? Seems like the second line could use a scorer with Tkachuk being more of the set up guy. That said, I wouldn’t mind him as an acquisition for the right price. He’s a good player that could be very effective on a really good team like the Flames. The Rangers are awful.

Last edited by Bunk; 01-09-2019 at 07:10 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:14 PM   #6578
Hackey
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Simmonds worries me. His point total are steadily decreasing. 60, 54, 46, and this year on pace for 36.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hackey For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2019, 07:16 PM   #6579
Ziggy Lidstrom
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckedoff View Post
What about a guy like Andreas Athanasiou? He's on a bargain contract with 1 more year, so he may cost way too much but he plays RW and has speed to keep up with this group.
I agree with this and textcritic. I would be willing to part with a fair bit for this kid. I have always liked his skill set and think he could be an elite option capable of playing in a top 9 in any demand of him: speed scoring are always welcome and his speed is elite. . He could be a Darren helms type but what would Detroit want ? 1st this year? And dube ? Or eat bread? Matt Phillip's?
Old 01-09-2019, 07:33 PM   #6580
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Lidstrom View Post
I agree with this and textcritic. I would be willing to part with a fair bit for this kid. I have always liked his skill set and think he could be an elite option capable of playing in a top 9 in any demand of him: speed scoring are always welcome and his speed is elite. . He could be a Darren helms type but what would Detroit want ? 1st this year? And dube ? Or eat bread? Matt Phillip's?
yep... this would be an intriguing pickup... not sure why Detroit would do it though?

seem like the kind of player and age you want..17 goals in 39 games this year and 24 years old strikes me as a player you build off of rather than trade
The Following User Says Thank You to oldschoolcalgary For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread