Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #21
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Watched the episode last night... still like the show (but I'm a sucker for both Bacon and Purefoy). Loved the bit with the kid at the end I didn't see them deciding to start "training" the kid to be a seriel killer coming.

There are a few problems I see going forward... they established a group of 6 in the Followers: Emma, Jordie, Jacob, Paul and now the last two Rick & his wife. So all hands accounted for, episode 1 took out Joe, episode 2 took out Jordie, episode 3 took out Rick... they're running out of antagonists. So if they're running out of antagonists How do you keep the show going? They only have a few options... invent more cult cells that Joe was seemingly able to create while in prison or have him escape at the end of the season and have him go out on the road and create them. Both of which seem far-fetched. IMO this show would work best as a limited-series with a structured beginning-middle-end.

Also I'm gonna call Weston as an an unseen member of the cult.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #22
JerzeeGirl
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think the lady agent in charge, Parker(?) is suspicious as hell - I'm calling her as a secret cult member.....there's something going on there!
JerzeeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #23
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeeGirl View Post
I think the lady agent in charge, Parker(?) is suspicious as hell - I'm calling her as a secret cult member.....there's something going on there!
I considered her as well... but then she reported Rick's wife the second Jordie let that slip. Mighty strange thing to do if she's a member of the cult. I'll stop watching the show for epic writing fail if that happens without a plausible explanation as to why.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #24
JerzeeGirl
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
I considered her as well... but then she reported Rick's wife the second Jordie let that slip. Mighty strange thing to do if she's a member of the cult. I'll stop watching the show for epic writing fail if that happens without a plausible explanation as to why.
She could just be playing the longer con - especially if she is someone the 6 known cult members don't know about. She's shady as f@ck tho....there's something up there (or the writers are playing that up as a red herring to distract from other clues...).
JerzeeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #25
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Pretty good 3rd episode. Still feels like they feel they need to beat the audience over the head with some things though. The video at the end was a little overly dramatic. Coulda just ended it with the bug. Didn't need to move to the mouse and calling out Bacon's character right away. (Gosh I'm so bad with character names early in a series.)

Agree on Parker, something is up there, but they'll probably try and make it even more complex. Like she's working with them, but doesn't want to, she's being blackmailed somehow maybe.

If any person could suddenly become a cult member that could destroy the credibility of the show too. Same goes with overly complex situations though. They'll have to walk a fine line.

Still interesting so far, I'm in a little bit deeper after a solid episode.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #26
Igster
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Well, I had every episode (after the pilot) on PVR and just finished watching them all.

I have to say, I didn't like the first episode, but it has gotten so much better since then. Really into this show now. Some great twists and also some pretty decent acting.

This seriously has to be one of the darkest shows on TV right now. Very well done.
Igster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #27
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I also have been really enjoying the series but last weeks episode has been the worst one so far. No way the US Marshall's would have kept the wife on a ground floor and if they were (pretty sure Ryan Hardy got off an elevator) wouldn't the militia army guys just have come through the glass windows into the room?

Then once they found the tracking device, how come they didn't call for back-up? I understand Ryan wanted to get Claire "off the grid" but once they knew the bad guys were coming, there is no logical reasoning behind allowing his so-called best friend to get killed. i mean the guy was in witness protection, he alone should have had some kind of agents close by.

I do like the show and it has been very entertaining but it has to remain smart to continue to be good, agree?
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Iceman57 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2013, 05:07 PM   #28
Cowperson
CP Pontiff

Exp:

There are some really improbable, dopey, unlikely plot points in this series. We've got the last few episodes on DVR and I'm sure We will watch them but, hopefully it picks up some steam.

Cowperson
Old 03-31-2013, 05:54 PM   #29
Igster
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Yup. I agree Cow, but it's all good fun just the same. There were several times where I said "Oh come on now...", but then just went along and watched some more. Just good fun.
Igster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #30
Cowperson
CP Pontiff

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igster View Post
Yup. I agree Cow, but it's all good fun just the same. There were several times where I said "Oh come on now...", but then just went along and watched some more. Just good fun.
That's what I say when I watch Revenge or Scandal. That's part of the poop and everyone knows it.

I was expecting more coherence from this series though.

Cowperson
Old 04-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #31
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

As much as my wife and I enjoy this show, it also is annoying. Bacon's character is so flawed as a police officer/FBI he slips more than gains traction.
Now that Joe has his wife there is a certain amount of suspense that has been lost.
We will still watch it though there is enough in this series to keep your attention.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #32
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Flames

*spoilers.....sorta*

This weeks episode was a lot better then last weeks yet it was still unfortunate to see the FBI "lose" the bad guy in the military bunker.

The movie Salt wasn't the best but it was the first time that i could remember seeing the "police agents" not just give up the chase on the bad guy, it was refreshing and it would be cool to see that in this show.
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #33
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

This show is painful, I really don't understand why I keep watching it. I guess I finally expect them to pull their s**t together but no, they just screw things up even more. How these people stay employed as FBI agents is beyond me with all the MASSIVE screwups they manage to achieve each and every show.

Last episode, as soon as that chick got into that militia guys car you KNEW it was going to go south.

I honestly don't know why each and every person they encounter, they just don't automatically assume they are involved somehow.

Show bugs the hell out of me but I keep watching for reasons I can't even begin to understand.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoinAllTheWay For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #34
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

The hotel they hid out in last week was the Westin in Whistler. I've been there a few times and recognized the lobby.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #35
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
This show is painful, I really don't understand why I keep watching it. I guess I finally expect them to pull their s**t together but no, they just screw things up even more. How these people stay employed as FBI agents is beyond me with all the MASSIVE screwups they manage to achieve each and every show.
This. So much this. More than any broadcast drama in the last few years, The Following will have you screaming at your TV.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:12 PM   #36
Jackpot_Smooth
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
This. So much this. More than any broadcast drama in the last few years, The Following will have you screaming at your TV.
I find it very frustrating how the fbi is always a step or two behind. I think i'm done with this show. It's almost like reverse deus ex machina for the cult, they always have someone in place to screw the fbi.
Jackpot_Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #37
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot_Smooth View Post
I find it very frustrating how the fbi is always a step or two behind. I think i'm done with this show. It's almost like reverse deus ex machina for the cult, they always have someone in place to screw the fbi.
I found myself wondering what would happen if FBI agents from other broadcast dramas were there to deal with these clowns. When I start daydreaming like that, I know it's time to bail on a show.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote