Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2022, 06:13 PM   #21
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I've been a proponent of firearm insurance for a while, I've talked about it in any post about firearms control.

But lets be honest, if can't be cheap, and the penalties for having an un insured far arm needs to be a felony and not some fine.

If you want firearms reform, force insurance companies to be involved. They're going to want to reduce exposure, or lawyers eagerly attacking them like they do any other kind of insured product.

A firearmby design is a harmful product, any insurance rate should reflect that, and the money should be made available to victims of firearm violence.

Using a uninsured fire arm in a crime should be an automatic life sentence with no parole for 20 years period.
I agree with most of this, but you know if the last sentence was added, it’d just be used as a cudgel to jail black people.

Maybe if you wrote the law to offer reduced civil protections in the event of an uninsured firearm death/accident - like, you could lose your house, your boat, your investments, everything.

I dunno.

Stupid problem to have.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote