Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2022, 02:36 PM   #2421
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I’m six episodes into Yellowstone. When do they start eating each other?
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2022, 11:00 PM   #2422
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just want to give a quick shout to two new CBC shows. Son of a Critch and Run the Burbs. Run the burbs stars Andrew Phung, a Calgary born comedian who was on Kim's convenience.
They're both comedies.
Old 01-19-2022, 11:08 PM   #2423
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

It’s cool they snagged Malcolm McDowell. Should draw in more non-Canadian viewers to the show.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 11:11 PM   #2424
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post

I forgot about this. What a great show. Just got caught up. Man-scaping scene was hilarious and disturbing.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 10:37 PM   #2425
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really enjoyed Archive 81 on Netflix. Kind of like a cross between Stranger Things and The Butterfly Effect.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 02:11 AM   #2426
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Just catching up on this season of Curb Your Enthusiasm and this exchange cracked me up so much.

The intensity of their voices and Larry's "#### YOU" is perfect.

Link
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2022, 08:56 AM   #2427
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

This was a great season of Curb. Tracy Ullman was amazing. Disgusting, but amazing. "Watch me take a shower!"
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2022, 11:15 AM   #2428
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Jeepers, 2022 is gonna be epic for new releases.

Amazon Prime is releasing the new Jack Reacher show in early Feb as well.

At least they picked an actor who actually looks like Reacher. Dude is supposed to be 6'5" and 250lbs. Not exactly a Tom Cruise typecast.

I wonder if they pick a book and make a season out of it? The books do not seem long enough unless it is a shorter run each season. From the trailer they seem to be sticking really close to the first book.

I enjoyed Alan Ritchson in Titans. Malcolm Goodwin was good in iZombie, that was a guilty pleasure for me...
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 11:57 AM   #2429
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Thad Castle as Jack Reacher? Sign me up!
Old 01-21-2022, 12:29 PM   #2430
J epworth
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just got through Archive 81, definitely a good thriller tv series, kind of a more adult stranger things mashed up with James Wan horror. Definitely worth a watch, though it is giving me nightmares this week.
J epworth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to J epworth For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2022, 09:52 PM   #2431
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
Just want to give a quick shout to two new CBC shows. Son of a Critch and Run the Burbs. Run the burbs stars Andrew Phung, a Calgary born comedian who was on Kim's convenience.
They're both comedies.
I cynically figured Son of a Critch was an attempt to latch onto the success of Schitt's Creek, due to the name. Hopefully it's good.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 10:09 PM   #2432
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Children Ruin Everything has been interesting and clever. This one might have legs.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 12:26 AM   #2433
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought Archive 81 started off so good, but then became an absolute train wreck.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 10:58 AM   #2434
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

I've been watching Taskmaster (UK) and would highly recommend it to anyone with the ability to grab it. The way British comedians have of ####ting on each other without any real malice behind it is very entertaining, and some of the solutions they come up with to the tasks are brilliant. It's much easier to get into than other British panel shows that rely on referencing UK pop culture and current events

It'd be interesting to see the format copied for an American version, but I'm sure it'd probably end up being an inferior neutered version
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2022, 05:42 PM   #2435
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
I've been watching Taskmaster (UK) and would highly recommend it to anyone with the ability to grab it. The way British comedians have of ####ting on each other without any real malice behind it is very entertaining, and some of the solutions they come up with to the tasks are brilliant. It's much easier to get into than other British panel shows that rely on referencing UK pop culture and current events

It'd be interesting to see the format copied for an American version, but I'm sure it'd probably end up being an inferior neutered version
They tried an american version and it was apparently horrible. Granted, they shortened the episodes to 30 min and used the same tasks from season one of the UK version, but it was not well received:

UK celebrity panel shows are always great! "Would i lie to you" is top notch

EDIT: Please skip 7:00 to 7:45 so not to spoil possibly the best moment in taskmaster history

Last edited by Cappy; 01-26-2022 at 05:52 PM.
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 06:10 PM   #2436
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
They tried an american version and it was apparently horrible. Granted, they shortened the episodes to 30 min and used the same tasks from season one of the UK version, but it was not well received:

UK celebrity panel shows are always great! "Would i lie to you" is top notch

EDIT: Please skip 7:00 to 7:45 so not to spoil possibly the best moment in taskmaster history
So pretty much exactly what I figured, no wonder I never heard of it. And yes Would I Lie To You is great as well. I also tried to get into 8 Out Of 10 Cats, but that relies so strongly on knowledge of UK pop culture I just couldn't get into it
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 06:48 PM   #2437
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
So pretty much exactly what I figured, no wonder I never heard of it. And yes Would I Lie To You is great as well. I also tried to get into 8 Out Of 10 Cats, but that relies so strongly on knowledge of UK pop culture I just couldn't get into it
8 out of 10 cats does countdown is good, if you like playing games along with the cast - not as good for just general tv watching. Jimmy Carr's new show "I literally just told you" is pretty fun for the same reason.

Question Team is a new one i started watching which is pretty funny.
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cappy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2022, 07:56 PM   #2438
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
Question Team is a new one i started watching which is pretty funny.
This has been great. Richard Ayoade is a perfect host and the show is so weird and fun which each contestant creating their own round.

AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2022, 11:22 PM   #2439
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Three episodes into Euphoria, my initial impression is that it’s the anti-Riverdale
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 11:55 PM   #2440
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

They have all of their episodes on their YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Taskmaster ...at least the first 11 series in Canada.

For some reason, the 12th series was geo-blocked in Canada, which likely means they've signed a Canadian distribution deal for it somewhere. This could also mean they've made a deal to produce a Canadian version, which could be interesting.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1447650209434062859

They produced a version in New Zealand last year, there are 2 seasons and they're worth finding on YouTube. There are some moments in the NZ version that are crazier than the UK version.