Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-02-2021, 10:02 AM   #121
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Our beer league is being told City of Calgary may not rent ice to adult leagues until Jan 2022. Not sure if this is just one of the things being considered or if they are moving forward for sure. 40% of our league ice is on City rink so this would be huge blow. I'm really hoping this doesn't come to pass. It really makes no sense and private/community rinks are definitely renting so I do not understand the logic.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 12:18 PM   #122
Vena
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

It would be interesting to hear the City's reasoning on this. Is it all purely Covid management or is it priority for minors, staffing, etc?

Its just odd. Not surprising, though. They have struggled terribly through the pandemic with lots second guessing of themselves.
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 11:15 PM   #123
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Our beer league is being told City of Calgary may not rent ice to adult leagues until Jan 2022. Not sure if this is just one of the things being considered or if they are moving forward for sure. 40% of our league ice is on City rink so this would be huge blow. I'm really hoping this doesn't come to pass. It really makes no sense and private/community rinks are definitely renting so I do not understand the logic.
I'm glad this didn't come to pass. We played a league game at Father David Bauer last week... well Norma Bush. It was my first time playing in Calgary arena since March of 2020. I've been playing in the States but it sure felt nice playing at home again.
nickerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 10:48 AM   #124
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm guessing it has to schools shifting back to online learning for January at least and therefore facilities are shutting down, but apparently SAIT has pulled ice times from adult teams for the month of January. We were supposed to play there this weekend but it was cancelled a couple of days ago.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote